Another Failed Promise

Magox

How many campaign promises is Obama going to break? How many does that make it, I can think of six offhand. How do all you lemmings not call him out for what can either be one of two things, either his insincerity or ineptitude? Because he' either lying to us, or he is so naive and has such a horrid economic team that they just aren't able to foresee things.

Remember when Obama pledged to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term? Well, according to the presidents political document, it will reach over $1.3 TRILLION dollars. Not even close.

The whole thing is a sham. Just like the healthcare debate with phony accounting tricks, Obama is going to use savings from the Troop pullbacks of AFG. and IRAQ. So instead of applying those savings from wars, he is just gonna add it to new spending initiatives.

That's just wonderful!

So here is the political budget

Liberal wish list

1) $350 Billion for more stimulus spending CHECK

2) $60 Billion for state budgets to save UNION state employee jobs CHECK

3) Withdraw from wars conveniently right before elections CHECK

4) End bush tax cuts for upper income earners CHECK

5) Create Buffett rule of taxes for rich CHECK

6) Minimum savings tax on corporations CHECK

7) Cut defense and Pentagon spending CHECK

8) Oh and he can say I amgoing to cut $4 TRILLION in spending within the next 10 years.... yeah more than half of those "Savings" are from letting the wars end. pffffff talk about accounting tricks :rolleyes:

That's fine, we'll see what happens when Europe begins to show signs of recovery, and when bond rates begin to rise over here, simply because those bond funds will repatriate back to Europe, then we'll see the focus switch over here. We'll see what excuse they have then and I'm sure blaming the conservatives will have somethig to do with it . <_<

Edited by Magox

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think the US government should be required by law to match every dollar of spending with equal dollars of tax. If the US Government plans to spend $896 more than they have to spend, I think an immediate tax levy should be inacted to match.

How long do you think that will jive with Americans? We have been spoiled as our Government has provided the same services without asking Americans to pay for them.... they just borrow to fund it....

Wars? no problem, borrow

Tax Cut Entension? No problem, borrow

Stimulus? No Problem, borrow and add it on

I still think the US government should be required by law to match every dollar of spending with equal dollars of tax. If the US Government plans to spend $896 more than they have to spend, I think an immediate tax levy should be inacted to match.

How long do you think that will jive with Americans? We have been spoiled as our Government has provided the same services without asking Americans to pay for them.... they just borrow to fund it....

Wars? no problem, borrow

Tax Cut Entension? No problem, borrow

Stimulus? No Problem, borrow and add it on

That's retarded.

That's retarded.

No, retarded is continuing down the path the US is on right now. Start requiring Americans to pony up for the big bloated expansion of Government that these politcial parties have created..... I bet the winds of change gust pretty darn fast...

Or we can just continue what were doing, borrow money and pretend it is ok... as long as Americans taxes are low...

Its the most logical solution, start letting Americans feel the pain when they open that tax statement... its like opening a credit card statement when you know you ahev been living WAY above your means, all of the sudden you start to reprioritize your fiscal priorities....

Nobody is asking Americans to do that right now, and that is an issue

No, retarded is continuing down the path the US is on right now. Start requiring Americans to pony up for the big bloated expansion of Government that these politcial parties have created..... I bet the winds of change gust pretty darn fast...

Or we can just continue what were doing, borrow money and pretend it is ok... as long as Americans taxes are low...

Its the most logical solution, start letting Americans feel the pain when they open that tax statement... its like opening a credit card statement when you know you ahev been living WAY above your means, all of the sudden you start to reprioritize your fiscal priorities....

Nobody is asking Americans to do that right now, and that is an issue

Actually, when you phrase it as "I still think the US government should be required by law to match every dollar of spending with equal dollars of tax," it's retarded because you'll get politicians who interpret that as "Oh, okay, we can spend whatever we like as long as we squeeze the American people." The way you state it, it becomes a mandate to raise taxes, not a mandate to spend responsibly.

Actually, when you phrase it as "I still think the US government should be required by law to match every dollar of spending with equal dollars of tax," it's retarded because you'll get politicians who interpret that as "Oh, okay, we can spend whatever we like as long as we squeeze the American people." The way you state it, it becomes a mandate to raise taxes, not a mandate to spend responsibly.

That's fine, but aren't the parties doing that now anyway? They spend however they wish, the core issue it is on credit that they personally have no reponsibility to pay back... for them, who cares, pork and progams for all!!

Start raising taxes to pay for outlays, see how long Americans continue to vote for D and R's, both next expanders of Federal Government.... most Americans recognize the spending issues, but do they really care since it is not coming out of their pocket? Raise they taxes 25%, all of the sudden people get real motivated and involved.

The borrow and don't worry about game has to end... the taxpayers have to be smacked in the face, this would be agreat was to do it....

How many campaign promises is Obama going to break? How many does that make it, I can think of six offhand. How do all you lemmings not call him out for what can either be one of two things, either his insincerity or ineptitude? Because he' either lying to us, or he is so naive and has such a horrid economic team that they just aren't able to foresee things.

Remember when Obama pledged to cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term? Well, according to the presidents political document, it will reach over $1.3 TRILLION dollars. Not even close.

The whole thing is a sham. Just like the healthcare debate with phony accounting tricks, Obama is going to use savings from the Troop pullbacks of AFG. and IRAQ. So instead of applying those savings from wars, he is just gonna add it to new spending initiatives.

That's just wonderful!

So here is the political budget

Liberal wish list

1) $350 Billion for more stimulus spending CHECK

2) $60 Billion for state budgets to save UNION state employee jobs CHECK

3) Withdraw from wars conveniently right before elections CHECK

4) End bush tax cuts for upper income earners CHECK

5) Create Buffett rule of taxes for rich CHECK

6) Minimum savings tax on corporations CHECK

7) Cut defense and Pentagon spending CHECK

8) Oh and he can say I amgoing to cut $4 TRILLION in spending within the next 10 years.... yeah more than half of those "Savings" are from letting the wars end. pffffff talk about accounting tricks :rolleyes:

That's fine, we'll see what happens when Europe begins to show signs of recovery, and when bond rates begin to rise over here, simply because those bond funds will repatriate back to Europe, then we'll see the focus switch over here. We'll see what excuse they have then and I'm sure blaming the conservatives will have somethig to do with it . <_<

Yes, but he supports gay marriage and doesn't wear a sweater vest, so he's okay by me.

Oh. Wait. He doesn't support gay marriage.

Well, as long as he's not wearing a sweater vest, then all I can say is FOUR MORE YEARS!!! :thumbsup:

Yes, but he supports gay marriage and doesn't wear a sweater vest, so he's okay by me.

Well, as long as he's not wearing a sweater vest, then all I can say is FOUR MORE YEARS!!! :thumbsup:

You forgot the "More rooster in the ass" part.

:lol:

Is this how I sound about penguins? Let it go, man... :lol:

That's fine, but aren't the parties doing that now anyway? They spend however they wish, the core issue it is on credit that they personally have no reponsibility to pay back... for them, who cares, pork and progams for all!!

Start raising taxes to pay for outlays, see how long Americans continue to vote for D and R's, both next expanders of Federal Government.... most Americans recognize the spending issues, but do they really care since it is not coming out of their pocket? Raise they taxes 25%, all of the sudden people get real motivated and involved.

The borrow and don't worry about game has to end... the taxpayers have to be smacked in the face, this would be agreat was to do it....

One party has members who use the phrase "Cut, Cap & Balance" a lot. This is one of Romney's major talking points, for those people too lazy to check out what he actually says and just figures 'Hey, he was governor of Massachusetts, so he must be a tax-and-spender.' <_<

And hey, they may not get it done. There's a lot of special interests that will beg, steal or borrow to get their crack fix. But they're the one major party who's at least saying there is a debt problem and X is what needs to be done about it, rather than wanting to put $1.2T more on the gov't credit card limit like Obama and the Democrats.

But at the heart of Republican objections is accounting. Mr. Obama will boast of $4 trillion in deficit reduction over the next 10 years in his proposal. Republican budget writers on Capitol Hill see a fraction of that, as little as $300 billion.

At issue is how the government projects spending and deficits going forward. Of the $4 trillion in deficit reduction claimed by the White House, $3 trillion would come from a combination of tax increases and spending cuts. Another $900 billion would come from domestic spending caps agreed to with Republicans last year to resolve the impasse over raising the nation’s statutory borrowing limit.

But if Congress and the president did nothing, spending would actually fall by $2 trillion under current law. That is because automatic cuts to defense and nondefense programs totaling $1.2 trillion are already set to go in force in 2013. The Obama budget assumes those cuts will not happen. The president also assumes that sharp cuts to reimbursement rates for doctors treating Medicare patients will never be enforced, but the budget does not detail how those scheduled cuts will be prevented.

Republicans say that effectively negates $522 billion over 10 years, since Congress will have to figure out how to pay for the so-called Medicare doc fix.

Republicans also protest that Mr. Obama is "saving" nearly $1 trillion by not spending over the coming decade what the United States has spent each year on wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. True, a Republican administration may have unwound those wars slower than the Obama administration has, but Republican budget writers say no one believes combat costs would have stayed steady over the next 10 years. Therefore, counting savings is dishonest, Republicans say, since the savings comes from money that would never have been spent.

As Senate Budget Committee Republicans count it, the $1.2 trillion in automatic spending cuts that Mr. Obama wants to negate, the $522 billion in Medicare physician reimbursement costs that is ignored and the war savings from spending that was never going to happen should be subtracted from the $3 trillion in new deficit reduction the White House is promoting. That leaves about $300 billion in real deficit reduction over the coming decade.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/14/us/politics/republicans-see-broken-promises-and-gimmicks-in-obama-budget.html?_r=1

Why do these politicians always say these things? Not as bad as Bush saying that his tax cuts wouldn't send us into deficits as far as the eye can see, but still he shouldn't have promised us that. These politicians! 0:)

I always love it when four o'clock rolls around, the school bus gets home, and you get to start posting your insanity. It's my favorite part of the day.

You are aware that the government doesn't have a savings account and is basically required to remit extra tax revenue (i.e. a surplus) back to the taxpayers, right?

That's disturbing. Seriously dude, have things really gone this far?

:(

Now don't you worry about the "TRUTH TEAM" little citizen...............they are made up of the Sacred Trinity

AttackWatch,................................. KeepingGOPHonest,.......................... and KeepingHisWord.

[

Every time a baseless attack comes to light, well arm you with the truth so you can spread the word.

Actual quote from their press release...........and they wonder why we question their competence and administrative skills.

PS: kudos to Tom for the Rm#101 reference.

Edited by B-Man

Now don't you worry about the "TRUTH TEAM" little citizen...............they are made up of the Sacred Trinity

“AttackWatch,”................................. KeepingGOPHonest,..........................“ and ”KeepingHisWord.”

I suspect if he could get "Keepinghisword" right, he wouldn't need everything else.

Edited by LABillzFan

I always love it when four o'clock rolls around, the school bus gets home, and you get to start posting your insanity. It's my favorite part of the day.

You are aware that the government doesn't have a savings account and is basically required to remit extra tax revenue (i.e. a surplus) back to the taxpayers, right?

Yes, you must love, so much so that you post any nonsense that squirts out of your brain. So the Bush tax cuts didn't create deficits? :blink:

You Republicans have blinders on your brains