What class!!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Except that "all animals are not equal"

Supposing Harrison Ford announces; "I'm voting for Romney, because he's white"

Would he rate a "good for him" for his "refreshing" honesty ? ?

You dont think white people havent done the same thing?

You really need to brush up on your history, son.

You dont think white people havent done the same thing?

You really need to brush up on your history, son.

No one made any such assumption, I simply asked if you would respond to Harrison Ford's "honesty" as you did with Samuel Jackson ?

You really need to brush up on your comprehension sir.

No one made any such assumption, I simply asked if you would respond to Harrison Ford's "honesty" as you did with Samuel Jackson ?

You really need to brush up on your comprehension sir.

You forget that Samuel L. Jackson is a "bad motha !@#$er", while Harrison Ford just flies some crappy smuggler ship when he's not stealing valuable archeological artifacts from Nazis.

Therefore, Mr. Jackson's "honesty" is more important than Mr. Ford's.

Well that and dwelling on history is no excuse for ignorance.

All of this pales in comparison to lyrbobs assertion that it's ok to vote for an unqualified black guy because of past discrimination, but to vote for a white guy or woman they would have to be qualified.

I'm not one to agree with Lybob, but where was his "assertion that it's ok to vote for an unqualified black guy" . I went back and re read it, and I don't see it, maybe it didn't show up on my screen. Can you show me where he said that? Because from what I read, he specifically used the word "qualified"

Where was this said?

Edited by Magox

You forget that Samuel L. Jackson is a "bad motha !@#$er", while Harrison Ford just flies some crappy smuggler ship when he's not stealing valuable archeological artifacts from Nazis.

Therefore, Mr. Jackson's "honesty" is more important than Mr. Ford's.

Well that and dwelling on history is no excuse for ignorance.

This has nothing to do with smuggler ships or nazi beliefs. It is all about the white Corvette and the Mexican located DJ.

I'm not one to agree with Lybob, but where was his "assertion that it's ok to vote for an unqualified black guy" . I went back and re read it, and I don't see it, maybe it didn't show up on my screen. Can you show me where he said that? Because from what I read, he specifically used the word "qualified"

Where was this said?

C'mon Magox, I know you are smarter than this. He used "qualified" for white guys and woman. He never used "qualified" for black guys. Regardless, he has once again went into the Witness Protection Program and left the debate proving he's the POS we all know and understand. He's either a balless guy or a woman with sand in her vagina. It doesn't matter, lyrbob still piques some people's interest which means they are really dumb--DIN dumb.

C'mon Magox, I know you are smarter than this. He used "qualified" for white guys and woman. He never used "qualified" for black guys. Regardless, he has once again went into the Witness Protection Program and left the debate proving he's the POS we all know and understand. He's either a balless guy or a woman with sand in her vagina. It doesn't matter, lyrbob still piques some people's interest which means they are really dumb--DIN dumb.

That's not the way I read it at all. I actually agree with what he says to a degree. He was talking about in within a certain context, the way I understood it is if you have a qualified person in this case a black guy (it's called context) and he is running up against other candidates, considering that there has never been a black president elected, that that could be used as valid criteria to vote for the black guy. That's the way I understood it and I think thats ok.

Now if you are gonna ask me was Barack Obama sufficiently qualified to be president? I would say no. Never had any executive experience, didnt even serve one term as senator, and during that time as senator he castr a **** load of "present" votes. I never thought he was sufficiently qualified, but that is besides the point, because maybe from his perspective he thought he was.

So going back to his statement, nowhere did he even come close to implying that he thought he was unqualified, that was your opinion and you basically just made it up.

Now again, show me where he implied that.

Edited by Magox

That's not the way I read it at all. I actually agree with what he says to a degree. He was talking about in within a certain context, the way I understood it is if you have a qualified person in this case a black guy (it's called context) and he is running up against other candidates, considering that there has never been a black president elected, that that could be used as valid criteria to vote for the black guy. That's the way I understood it and I think thats ok.

Now if you are gonna ask me was Barack Obama sufficiently qualified to be president? I would say no. Never had any executive experience, didnt even serve one term as senator, and during that time as senator he castr a **** load of "present" votes. I never thought he was sufficiently qualified, but that is besides the point, because maybe from his perspective he thought he was.

So going back to his statement, nowhere did he even come close to implying that he thought he was unqualified, that was your opinion and you basically just made it up.

Now again, show me where he implied that.

Magox, I appreciate your insight, but you should let lyrbob fight this fight, not you. It's obvious you don't think Obama is qualified. I wasn't asking you. I'm asking the stupid liberal who has no backbone and runs and hides whenever he knows he

can't win the debate.

Lets break down his comment.

If the next 40 presidents are black you'd definitely be justified to vote for a qualified white guy just because he's white- right now I wouldn't hold it against women if they voted for a qualified woman just because she's a woman, things have a historical context.

Before I do, let's remember the pretext of the conversation, we are talking about voting for a black man in a historical context... Right?

ok

1) He begins with a statement that says if the next 40 presidents were black, it would be justified to vote for a QUALIFIED white guy just because he's white.

He used the word Qualified.

2) Then he goes on to say I wouldn't hold it against women if they voted for a "qualified" woman just because she's a woman.

Again, he used the word Qualified

3) then he says things have a historical context, which ties it into our conversation, regarding black people, and that also voting for a "QUALIFIED" black guy is significant in this case because it would be the first black president.

Then you replied with

So a white guy and a woman have to be qualified to be president but it wasn't necessary for the black guy that's presently in the oval office to be qualified? That smacks of racism.

Really? That's what you got out of his statement? :wacko:

My guess is even now, where it's pretty damn clear what he was saying which had nothing to do with what you asked, that you will be too hard-headed to admit it.

Anyone here who has the ability of reason, can see what he was saying. Listen, I'll be the first to call out anyone about anything, and my political views on most non social issues are on the complete opposite spectrum from what Lybob says, but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong, and you were wrong. It's that simple.

Now if you want to argue the merits that you don't think it's ok to vote for a black "qualified' guy over a white guy who may be a little more "qualified", then thats a valid argument, but that isn't what you said.

Edited by Magox

Changing the subject, I always thought Colin Powell should have been our first Black president, I think he would have don't well if he had run, whether he didn't because he thought he was too tied to an unpopular administration or if rumors that his wife did not let him run for president because she was afraid he would be assassinated were true or if he just didn't have the fire in the belly, I think it's a shame he didn't run.

IMHO, you need to vote based on not politics, race, color, creed, gender, etc. But whether this person has the right qualifications as also the right morals and the right kind of things that they seem to deal with the public and listen to what the public says to them. And to be a great listener, communicator, and leader.

Changing the subject, I always thought Colin Powell should have been our first Black president, I think he would have don't well if he had run, whether he didn't because he thought he was too tied to an unpopular administration or if rumors that his wife did not let him run for president because she was afraid he would be assassinated were true or if he just didn't have the fire in the belly, I think it's a shame he didn't run.

You have to be the dumbest !@#$ I've ever run into.