Tannehill...

I think our best chance at him is if Peyton sign with the Skins who Snyder could never resist and Matt Flynn goes to Miami and reunites with Philbin.

Boy T-hill is going to look good in that Bills #17 jersey. :thumbsup: Can't wait!!!

1328925280[/url]' post='2381546']

I think our best chance at him is if Peyton sign with the Skins who Snyder could never resist and Matt Flynn goes to Miami and reunites with Philbin.

Boy T-hill is going to look good in that Bills #17 jersey. :thumbsup: Can't wait!!!

If that's the case, you should change your sig because he'll never fall to the 2nd

love this from the comment sections:

"Great read

And a great job with this.

Here’s my thought: if this is the worst of Tannehill, that’s not that bad. The first interception wasn’t his fault. The second was a bad decision. The third interception is bad communication between the QB and receiver, and also a bad decision.

I’ll stick with my initial assessment, in that his mistakes can be fixed by coaching. I like the chances of him becoming a very good starter in 2-3 years. I think he needs to sit initially though, as his limited time in college didn’t prepare him to start from day one. But all the tools are there.

Re-starting the official Buffalo "Draft a quarterback in the First Round in 2012" campaign.

by Der Jaeger on Feb 9, 2012 4:07 PM EST reply "

If that's the case, you should change your sig because he'll never fall to the 2nd

True, just going with Drafteks rankings, I'll adjust it when the draft gets closer.

" His lack of experience playing the quarterback in college makes him more of a raw prospect than most. That being said, I believe he's further along than most people believe. I'm not saying he'll necessarily be a day one starter, but I'd expect him to be challenging for the starting spot by mid-season of his rookie year (depending on who he's drafted by).

One of the best ways for me to describe him is; there's not a lot of things Tannehill can't do. He should excel in a west coast offense that includes short and intermediate timing routes when dropping back from under center; and a lot of play-action passes that involve roll-outs and bootlegs which get Tannehill on the move and make the most of his athleticism. He has a natural ability to extend the play, which not many other quarterbacks have coming out of college."

http://houston.sbnation.com/texas-a-m-aggies/2012/2/16/2803226/2012-nfl-draft-texas-a-ms-ryan-tannehill-listed-in-top-5-quarterbacks

1329034299[/url]' post='2381919']

Tannehill is just not worth a 1st round draft pick...He is athletic but still isn't polished enough for me to gamble on him with a 1st. Someone will over pick for him and I'm still all for taking Russell Wilson in the 3rd.

Russell Wilson in the third round? He's listed at 5"11, which means he's probably 5'9 or 5'10. We'll see at the combine. When I watched him play, I saw a pretty good college qb. A much lesser version of Tommy Frazier. Not a fan of his arm nor his accuracy. Of he was our 3rd round pick, I'd seriously have to wonder why Buddy Nix is a GM.

Tannehill = project = wouldn't touch him till the 4th round

Bills either trade up for the franchise RG III or wait till the middle rounds to take a flyer on a guy who has the potential to develop into a franchise guy without blowing a 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick.

Bills either trade up for the franchise RG III or wait till the middle rounds to take a flyer on a guy who has the potential to develop into a franchise guy without blowing a 1st, 2nd or 3rd pick.

Yes there are so many 4rth round or latter franchises QBs, there is only one Tom Brady.

While I agree that Tannehill will be a "project QB," I think that you will find most draft pundits will give him a 1st round grade after the combine/pro day workouts based on potential alone. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see Miami take him at #8 overall.

If I were making the call, however, I wouldn't consider him unless he slid to our 2nd round pick (and that would still be a tough call depending on who was available).

I could see us drafting a mid-late round QB like Wilson, Foles, Weeden, or Cousins.

While I agree that Tannehill will be a "project QB," I think that you will find most draft pundits will give him a 1st round grade after the combine/pro day workouts based on potential alone. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see Miami take him at #8 overall.

If I were making the call, however, I wouldn't consider him unless he slid to our 2nd round pick (and that would still be a tough call depending on who was available).

I could see us drafting a mid-late round QB like Wilson, Foles, Weeden, or Cousins.

... or Coleman and Osweiler.

Great breakdown.

I'm not saying this is or is not a reason we shouldn't draft him, but from the footage I've seen (two games), he telegraphs his throws with near perfect consistency. Just my two cents. Maybe that can be taught out, maybe those games were anomolies, and maybe it's not even a big deal.

What I am saying with certainty is that it's likely a wasted pick in the first or second round when he is untested and we have so many other holes.

The only way I see Buffalo drafting him, and that is what I think is logical, is if...

We re-sign the guys we need to re-sign, sign Mario Williams and a top WR like VJ in FA AND we take care of OLB and OT in the first two rounds. If Tannenhill is available in the third--which probably won't happen given his popularity--then it wouldn't hurt to grab him and see what he's got.

Bottom line, I'd much rather spend our draft picks this year on positions we need to flesh out and wait until next near to get a top-rated QB in the first. The later-round elite QBs like Brady are nearly impossible to find. Conversely, most elite QBs are first-rounders.

ive seen just 1 game live - cant remember the opponent but A&M lost - and he looked just like fitz. way more athletic but still. he made some throws and missed some. some were bad reads, some were good ones. and i think chix will ask: is he really better than what we already have? they had done that before

ive seen just 1 game live - cant remember the opponent but A&M lost - and he looked just like fitz. way more athletic but still. he made some throws and missed some. some were bad reads, some were good ones. and i think chix will ask: is he really better than what we already have? they had done that before

YES!