Frank Reich

Buftex

I read about this a few days ago. I wish him the best of luck!

Kind of odd...a WR coach moves to the position of QB coach, to make way for a former QB to coach the WR's? Maybe they are just bringing Reich in to entice P. Manning to sign with Arizona. If he can still play at all, I think it would be a good place for him.

Edited by Buftex

The crazy thing is that they actually promoted McNulty after he fabricated that serial killer and planted all that evidence. Seems unlikely he is going to get along with a good Christian like Frank Reich.

The crazy thing is that they actually promoted McNulty after he fabricated that serial killer and planted all that evidence. Seems unlikely he is going to get along with a good Christian like Frank Reich.

RTDB...you lost me. What are you referring too?

They'll get on fine as long as Manning keeps throwing the ball to Omar.

The oddity of this hire is that Reich was hired as the WRs coach and the coach he replaced, is being made the QBs coach.

Maybe there's a perfectly good reason for all of this but it seems a bit strange.

Maybe Frank wants to work with another aspect of the offense to build his resume toward becoming an OC.

what is he going to teach peyton manning about being a quarterback?

I think their relationship was more as a sounding board/extra pair of eyes then a fundamentals/mechanics thing. At least Frank had been a QB and could relate to Payton on that level. Could Frank work with WRs as far as how the QB thinks? Yeah I guess.

The oddity of this hire is that Reich was hired as the WRs coach and the coach he replaced, is being made the QBs coach.

Maybe there's a perfectly good reason for all of this but it seems a bit strange.

As I understand it, McNulty was the WR coach the last few years in Arizona. The Cards had Chris Miller (ex- Oregon Ducks/Rams/Falcons QB) as their QB coach. The Bucs wanted to interview McNulty for their OC position. Not wanting to lose McNulty, and to make him happy, Arizona canned Miller, and promoted their WR coach to QB coach...leaving the WR coaching positon open...for Frank Reich...

You know this is the Cardinals angling to sign Peyton Manning.

That would be my guess, that it's driven by Frank and how he wants his career to develop

I don't think NFL teams hire coaches just to "be nice" and help someone out...unless they have some ulterior motive (ie: signing Peyton Manning in this case) or the new assistant/position coach has some previous relationship with the head coach, as was the case when the Bills (Gailey) hired Dave Wannestedt.

Edited by Buftex