Eli Or Peyton

Hater

I take Eli. Man plays on the road, outside, wherever, and wins.

You think about the road the Giants had to take to get the Super Bowl in 2008 and on Sunday, and it's incredible. Lots of road games.

Besides being clutch, he excels in a pressure cooker of criticism.

smh people act like the regular season doesn't even matter anymore and all that determines individual success is championships. Peyton individually is one of the best qb's to ever play the game. Eli has proven himself undoubtedly to be a top tier qb, This also does not negate the success that Peyton has had. Ya know a 4 time NFL MVP. If you can really say you'd rather have Eli than Peyton I dunno what to tell you. Now if you said "I'd rather have the giants team over the colts" well that's a no brainer.

Actually, they did. The one year they won the Super Bowl. Bob Saunders and the rest of the Colts D were amazing that year and, in my opinion, were the reason they actually won the Super Bowl. Peyton was very average in the big game.

That's kind of the point. The year Peyton had a defense he won it all. The reason Marino's Dolphins, Manning's Colts & Brady's Pats (last 9 yrs) Have 1 SB between them is that they all rely on the QB to be the team. You can run through the regular season & pick up a dozen or so wins that way, but in the playoffs you're going to come up against a team good enough to take that away & you're !@#$ed. The Bears had an elite D that put everything on slowing down Peyton, but unlike other years they were able to muster enough of a run game & defense to pull it out.

Actually, they did. The one year they won the Super Bowl. Bob Saunders and the rest of the Colts D were amazing that year and, in my opinion, were the reason they actually won the Super Bowl. Peyton was very average in the big game.

Nope. The Colts defense was very mediocre that year. In fact, they gave up the 3d most points in the AFC and ranked dead last in the NFL against the rush. Manning & Co had the 2d ranked offense.

Looking at Eli's 2 Superbowl runs, he may be a better big game QB than his brother but it is close. Eli has def had the better supporting cast around him though. Do the Giants not win either SB with Peyton at QB instead of Eli?

Tough to say because Peyton is has been rarely in a position to try and win a big game with 2 minutes left on the clock. The closest would be the comeback against the Pats in the AFC Championship where he drove them downfield and they got the go ahead touchdown.

The only thing you can unequivocally say is that Eli is a big game QB and like Rodney Harrison said: in the last two minutes of a game, if I had to give the ball to Brady or Eli, I'm picking Eli. Eli is probably one of the most clutch QBs to ever play the game. Dude has ice water running through him. He's unflappable.