Steve Johnson on the Jim Rome show today (2/3/12)

looked, but i didn't see a thread about this.

did anyone else catch it?

nothing particularly news worthy. somethings i took away from it.

*stevie said he wants to stay in buffalo. said he's upset they haven't made an offer yet, but it's business. said it's his priority to sign here.

*said he's going to test free agency, wants buffalo to match.

*said at first he was upset about them not offering a contract.

*said he's going to tone down his act.

the thing that struck me the most:

*said when he watched the playoffs, he could envision himself catching balls from other qbs. wondered alound what it would be like to catch balls from brady, brees, rivers, eli.

also, didnt come right out and say that fitz's contract had nothing to do with his falling off. he basically said something along the lines of "idk why he started playing worse, maybe it was the contract, idk."

i really don't give a flip about the guys intelligence, or character issues, or clear inability to handle an interview without starting controversy. but damn, i hope we resign him. he is certainly a talent.

*stevie said he wants to stay in buffalo. said he's upset they haven't made an offer yet, but it's business. said it's his priority to sign here.

*said when he watched the playoffs, he could envision himself catching balls from other qbs. wondered alound what it would be like to catch balls from brady, brees, rivers, eli.

also, didnt come right out and say that fitz's contract had nothing to do with his falling off. he basically said something along the lines of "idk why he started playing worse, maybe it was the contract, idk."

i really don't give a flip about the guys intelligence, or character issues, or clear inability to handle an interview without starting controversy. but damn, i hope we resign him. he is certainly a talent.

I'm fine with that. See what other teams are willing to offer and then decide to match or not.

He should envision himself catching (while we wonder aloud why he finds difficulty doing so) balls from Fitz.

Hey! Thank you for pointing that out!! These details clearly show how invalid and baseless my statement was!

Players move on at somepoint. it happens. How they come and go is different. A 30 something lb coming off an injury has little to do with Stevie. A corner about to get one of the richest deals in the history of NFL defenders is not Stevie. I'll give Greer, but it's a whole different group making the choices. Throwing out names like that's pretty worthless.

He will most probably go the way of Takeo Spikes, London Fletcher, Jabari Greer, and Nate Clements.

He may go, but the franchise will be under big pressure too replace him with at least a suitable or better replacement. That would be besides what they draft. I think Brandon knows people simply aren't going to show up without at least a single proven player at the position. This is a huge off season for the Nix/Gailey regime and they know it. This team is not ready for a run, they need some NFL quality players. When will this nightmare on OBD end?

I still got to wonder about SJ13 though. Wasn't it just yesterday on another thread, in an interview, he told his agent he didn't want updates and get the job done? Now he's wondering 24 hours later why the bills have made an offer? Either way the Bills need to make a move.

Players move on at somepoint. it happens. How they come and go is different. A 30 something lb coming off an injury has little to do with Stevie. A corner about to get one of the richest deals in the history of NFL defenders is not Stevie. I'll give Greer, but it's a whole different group making the choices. Throwing out names like that's pretty worthless.

It's not like I was blaming the coaches. I listed a few guys who I hated to see go, who also continued to contribute on other rosters. Get some rest, Dude.

If Donahoe can tag and trade Peerless Price for a first rounder, we sure as heck better consider this for Johnson.

I'm tired of letting good players walk.

The Bills dont let good players walk. They just signed Lindell to a 3 mil a year contract. Dont forget Kelsay either. These guys are play makers. They sit on the sideline with chalk and draw up plays. the bills dont need SJ. He is too good to be on this team.

SJ: Franchise tag or gone, there is no door 3.

I am over it actually.

I am thinking about Byrd and Levitre now, we need to contract them or see the same scenario next year.

Can't the FO learn from these mis-steps???

If 2012 season begins and these guys have not been extended, wow.