Hurricane Frances - coming RIGHT for my area

Man I just hope it goes back to sea because I still haven't gotton my roof fixed up yet and niether have very many other people!!! Don't think my tarps on the roof could handle that much wind but if it does come in can somone in the Tampa area call when they land so I can come get them!!!! <_<

We're going there this Saturday.  The wife is already freaking out but I keep telling her to relax until there IS something to worry about.

13468[/snapback]

to tell you the truth, I'd start worrying.

Currently, it is predicted to make landfall at Ft. Pierce, which is about 16 miles north of where i am right now. If it were to hit there, continuing on to Orlando would seem like the given path . Your trip might be DOOOOOOoomed

We're going there this Saturday.  The wife is already freaking out but I keep telling her to relax until there IS something to worry about.

13468[/snapback]

Isn't there usually some insurance you can buy for packages the event of a natural disaster or the like? My wife always asks me about stuff like that and I always say blow it off. <_<

I'm hoping if it does hit land it hits Georgia and hits it early. I'm actually going to be in Kentucky this weekend and will be driving back to Central NC on Labor Day. Good luck w/ your travels/stay.

13468[/snapback]

If it makes landfall as a Cat5, there will be total devastation. If you are on the east coast, there is something to worry about. We are all monitoring this one closely.

If you are on the east coast, there is something to worry about. 

13519[/snapback]

Well, I can throw a baseball to the ocean from my front yard (ok, maybe its a little farther) but i am really hoping it starts heading north (no, back out to sea), because my house would be shot...

Well, eat your heart out guys. I'm going to Jamaica - Saturday through Wednesday.

The only problem is I'm going for a wedding and will be sharing a room with my grown daughter and teenage son. Not my idea of a romantic long weekend in an island paradise.

Hopefully there are no weather problems.

the path frances is taking is similiar to the path isabelle took to NC last year. the front that pushed garcon and hermine northward may push frances to the north also. and when it hits the gulf stream that may also shift it to the north.

i don't claim to be a weatherman, i admit my predictions are blind guesses whereas theirs are 'educated' guesses. but i think frances will hit somewhere between charleston and norfolk

I watched the weather channel hurricane man about an hour ago. He said it's increasing speed, and could fall on SE Fla. on Saturday AM (if that's where it heads). He expressed concern that one possibility might be that it skirts up along the Fla east coast, in effect making many landfalls.

Guest Guest_sjfcbills2004_*

This is a bad situation, a cat 5 could do some crazy damage. I agree with some previous posts it will hit somewhere in the Carolinas (mainly Wilmington). Have family there so I'm hoping it just goes out to sea.

A little irony that France(s) is feminine.

13638[/snapback]

yeah and short for Frances could be Fran and I still remember the mess it made in Raleigh NC area. Man with all the rain we had of late I worry what any high winds will do around here.

The francis/frances debate reminds me of the debate about what key "the trapper song" was sung, in the movie cannibal! the musical. In all seriousness to this:

I agree with some previous posts it will hit somewhere in the Carolinas (mainly Wilmington). Have family there so I'm hoping it just goes out to sea.

i hope it doesn't hit. I live in fayetteville, which is northwest of wilmington by about an hour. While not taking the brunt of any storm since isabel last year, my town has been hit with the aftermaths of every single storm since. Garcon was definitely the worst this past sunday. It blew the lawn chairs into windows and stuff. Thankfully nothing broke. This weekend, i'll be moving all that stuff inside with a case of beer, cause its going to be bad.

well I definatly hope it doesnt hit anywhere here in south florida ,If it does Im screwed I work for the phone company and they will be canceling my vacation if it hits anywhere close. that means no buffalo opening day <_< :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: francies