Hurricane Frances - coming RIGHT for my area

check this out

http://www.weather.com

I live JUST southeast of Lake Okeechobee. (I live in West Palm Beach). But Lake Okeechobee is a good point of reference for those of you not familiar with south Flordida. Go to weather.com and click to enlarge that first map righ there. Lake O is the only prodominant body of water in Florida (that you can see from an map like this one - it is in the south east "corner"), so if you find that, you can see that unless this Hurrican changes paths, and does so soon, me and my dog are making a bee line the hell out of here. Forget TV's, Stereo's, etc... Shelters down here do not allow Dogs, so me and Sadie will be hitting the road :angry: .. . I'll keep ya posted, and I cant really say i hope it shifts, because then you TBDers up in the Carolinas will get crushed..

It's not all bad Steve.  Looks like it won't hit until late in the weekend.  You can still party Friday night.  :angry:  :P

12970[/snapback]

Its funny, because I just spoke to my mother on the phone (she lives in Buffalo), and she asked me about it, and I said i was pissed because its a three day weekend and it might bet ruined by this damn storm. And I had TWO parties to go to! Damnit! I'll take snow anyday :D;)

I live in Sunrise and we have a party scheduled for Saturday to christen my buddy's new Tiki Bar. I've already picked up the stuff to make Hurricanes.

Frances was just re-upgraded to a Category 4 and it will be a 5 by the time it makes landfall. I'm hoping it pulls a Floyd and turns north, and then goes back out to sea. FL and the Carolinas have had enough this year.

But I'll be ready anyway.

I just checked the weather channel on tv. Looks like landfall late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

Don't know about a Friday flight...I think with Charley, the TB area airports closed up at least a day in advance, maybe more...AmTrak shut down at least 2 days beforehand.

I'm west of Fort Lauderdakle- right by Felon camp. No one really knows where it's going yet, but it's going to be a big b*tch wherever it comes ashore. My shutters start going up today.

check this out

http://www.weather.com

I live JUST southeast of Lake Okeechobee. (I live in West Palm Beach). But Lake Okeechobee is a good point of reference for those of you not familiar with south Flordida. Go to weather.com and click to enlarge that first map righ there. Lake O is the only prodominant body of water in Florida (that you can see from an map like this one - it is in the south east "corner"), so if you find that, you can see that unless this Hurrican changes paths, and does so soon, me and my dog are making a bee line the hell out of here. Forget TV's, Stereo's, etc... Shelters down here do not allow Dogs, so me and Sadie will be hitting the road :D .. . I'll keep ya posted, and I cant really say i hope it shifts, because then you TBDers up in the Carolinas will get crushed..

12946[/snapback]

Good thing 4-day predictions aren't that reliable... :angry:

Personally, I think you're area's just going to catch the southern-most edge of it. With the cold front crossing the eastern seaboard right now, Frances should get sucked up northward behind it and hit land around Jacksonville.

Not that I'm smarter than the guys at the NHC...but their forecasting tends to be more non-committal and conservative than mine. I can afford to take risks and be wrong, they can't. :P

And this is going to be a killer hurricane, too. Literally a killer, I mean...people are going to die in this one. The Bahamas, at the very least, are going to get slammed.

I'm west of Fort Lauderdakle- right by Felon camp.  No one really knows where it's going yet, but it's going to be a big b*tch wherever it comes ashore.  My shutters start going up today.

12979[/snapback]

The house i presently live in (3 bedroom - 2 bath, renting) has 2 windows in EVERY F---KING ROOM. Yes, including both bathrooms. I live a 10 minute walk from the ocean, and the geniuses who built this death trap figured "why not put as much glass as humanly possibly in this house"... i dont know where to get storm shutters, but the pieces to attach them to are above every window.

Honest to god, if this messes up my three day weekend, ill be pissed. Just go back out to sea you B word. (or is frances the guy way of spelling it? In that case - you bastard!)

I am in Miami and have been watching this very closely. My mom and sister are scheduled to be driving here from Buffalo and arriving on Saturday. It looks like their trip may be postponed.

This storm is going to be a bad one. I lived through Andrew and would prefer not to have to go through that again.

My wife and I are seriously thinking about having some storm shutters/roll downs installed. They are pretty expensive, but what are you going to do.

The house i presently live in (3 bedroom - 2 bath, renting) has 2 windows in EVERY F---KING ROOM. Yes, including both bathrooms. I live a 10 minute walk from the ocean, and the geniuses  who built this death trap figured "why not put as much glass as humanly possibly in this house"...  i dont know where to get storm shutters, but the pieces to attach them to are above every window.

Honest to god, if this messes up my three day weekend, ill be pissed. Just go back out to sea you B word. (or is frances the guy way of spelling it? In that case - you bastard!)

12987[/snapback]

"Frances" is the feminine. The "B, D, F, H, etc." names this year are feminine.

I live in Sunrise and we have a party scheduled for Saturday to christen my buddy's new Tiki Bar.  I've already picked up the stuff to make Hurricanes.

Frances was just re-upgraded to a Category 4 and it will be a 5 by the time it makes landfall.  I'm hoping it pulls a Floyd and turns north, and then goes back out to sea.  FL and the Carolinas have had enough this year.

But I'll be ready anyway.

12977[/snapback]

IIRC, Floyd pulled into the sea, but then decided to come back & hit land way up north here. At least that's my memory of the 12 inches of water in my basement :angry:(