8th Grade Reading Level

Here is some of the article:

"President Obama's 2012 State of the Union address again rated at an 8th grade comprehension level, on the Flesch-Kincaid readability test — the third lowest score of any State of the Union address since 1934.

The University of Minnesota's Smart Politics conducted an analysis on the last 70 State of the Union addresses and found that President Obama's three addresses have the lowest grade average of any modern president. "Obama's average grade-level score of 8.4 is more than two grades lower than the 10.7 grade average for the other 67 addresses written by his 12 predecessors," they conclude."

Truly amazing.

Obama 2010: "It's time for colleges and universities to get serious about cutting their own costs.

Obama 2012: "Colleges and universities have to do their part by working to keep costs down."

Obama 2010: "And we should continue the work by fixing our broken immigration system."

Obama 2011: "I strongly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration."

Obama 2012: "I believe as strongly as ever that we should take on illegal immigration."

Obama 2010: "We face a deficit of trust."

Obama 2012: "I've talked tonight about the deficit of trust . . ."

Obama 2010: "We can't wage a perpetual campaign."

Obama 2012: "We need to end the notion that the two parties must be locked in a perpetual campaign."

Weekly Standard

If the man had the slightest administrative or leadership skills, then he wouldnt have to keep repeating himself.

There goes Obama reaching out to conservatives once again.

:lol:

Good one.

In all seriousness I thought it was a pretty decent speech. It started off as a pretty sorry campaign speech, but kind of turned it around midway through. I obviously disagree with most of the substance, but his style was good, rhetoric seemed effective, & he made a few sensible comments that surprised me. Unless he reads The Wealth of Nations and has an epiphany between now & November he's not going to win me over, but from the perspective of a moderate I think he did about as well as he could given his track record, situation, & disposition.

I find it humorous that the Peggy video is approaching three million hits.

If she had a penny for every hit that video got...well, she'd still be looking for someone to pay her mortgage, but she'd have a really snazzy sequined poly-spandex wardrobe, I'm sure.