Pats fans not buying SB tickets

What terrible fans - they don't deserve a team - the team should move to LA to punish them for being such bad fans.

So much love for Pats fans here. FYI the tickets sales breakouts so far is 23% from the NYC area, 7% from Connecticut and 5% from all of Massachusetts. Way to represent. And before you all get defensive for poor Pats fans, there are plenty of high rollers in Boston, so this discrepancy is not because Boston fans can't afford it to go.

PTR

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It makes no sense for the NFL to pick cities like Indy for the SB. Fans want to go for a total experience, not just the game.

Totally agree. Noone wants spend that kind of money & go to a city like Indy/Detroit/Mineeapolis. I will even include sites like Houston/Jacksonville/Arizona/Atlanta in there. These cities have no business holding Super Bowls. As unfair as it is there should be a 3-5 city rotation with the definates being Miami/New Orleans. LA if they build a new stadium & maybe SF(if they get a new Stadium & possibly Dallas. That should be it.

While the usual super bowl cities have benefited way to much from this.They have them there for a reason. I agree that having one in Indy and in the middle of winter for me anyhow would not justify the expense.

How about the meadowlands, an outdoor stadium, in Feb of 2014.

So much love for Pats fans here. FYI the tickets sales breakouts so far is 23% from the NYC area, 7% from Connecticut and 5% from all of Massachusetts. Way to represent. And before you all get defensive for poor Pats fans, there are plenty of high rollers in Boston, so this discrepancy is not because Boston fans can't afford it to go.

PTR

Maybe they just took a look and decided that spending $15,000 to go to Indy and see a football game was just stupid.

I have no love for Marcia and the girls Lord knows, but I would certainly understand that decision.

To me it may be less about not "representing" and more about not being a sucker.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Guess this means the Pats might be considered for a move to LA?

And where is it saying the game might not be sold out, just because Pats fans aren't buying tickets? Half the stadium is probably going to be filled with fans of neither team. The amounts being quoted are for resale tickets by scalpers and legal scalping businesses like Stub Hub. I'm sure the game is already sold out by now.

Proof of said sellout being tickets sold for 3x face value on stubhub.

Totally agree. Noone wants spend that kind of money & go to a city like Indy/Detroit/Mineeapolis. I will even include sites like Houston/Jacksonville/Arizona/Atlanta in there. These cities have no business holding Super Bowls. As unfair as it is there should be a 3-5 city rotation with the definates being Miami/New Orleans. LA if they build a new stadium & maybe SF(if they get a new Stadium & possibly Dallas. That should be it.

When San Diego builds our new stadium. We will be back in the rotation.

When San Diego builds our new stadium. We will be back in the rotation.

Agreed, I forgot about San Diego. Nicest place I have ever been to. Tampa, I guess they could be in the rotation also. So maybe it would something like this : Miami/New orleans/Tampa/Dallas/San Diego/SF/LA contingent upon SD/SF/LA getting new stadiums. I don't think anybody could complain about that list.

Edited by Gordio

I am probably in the minority, but I want to see the SB only played indoors.

Not for the fan comfort, I just don't want weather to play a part in the outcome.

But if it is to be outdoors, it doesn't get much better than SD.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Agreed, I forgot about San Diego. Nicest place I have ever been to. Tampa, I guess they could be in the rotation also. So maybe it would something like this : Miami/New orleans/Tampa/Dallas/San Diego/SF/LA contingent upon SD/SF/LA getting new stadiums. I don't think anybody could complain about that list.

I'd leave Dallas off that list. And as great as San Fran is their new stadium is really closer to San Jose. That area is nice but nothing special.

PTR

I'd leave Dallas off that list. And as great as San Fran is their new stadium is really closer to San Jose. That area is nice but nothing special.

PTR

San Fran is a pretty a cool city. My son has been accepted to Cal State San Fran and if he chooses that school I wont mind at all. Great place to visit. Great place for my son to live.

Nothing special compared to what?

I take that comment back. Other than the amusement park next door there isn't much around Santa Clara, but if there was a Super Bowl there most people would hang out in San Fran, Napa, or Monterrey during the week. More than nice enough.

PTR

The area is nothing special? What is special in your book? Beantown?

I backed off on my San Fran comment. I was thinking of the area immediately around Santa Clara. But if you are asking me what cities merit being in a Super Bowl rotation they would be Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, San Diego, Los Angeles (assuming stadium is built), San Fran and Phoenix. I assume what people want in a Super Bowl city is nice weather and an abundance of fun activities besides the game. Did I miss anyplace? Does Dallas merit consideration?

PTR

I backed off on my San Fran comment. I was thinking of the area immediately around Santa Clara. But if you are asking me what cities merit being in a Super Bowl rotation they would be Miami, Tampa, New Orleans, San Diego, Los Angeles (assuming stadium is built), San Fran and Phoenix. I assume what people want in a Super Bowl city is nice weather and an abundance of fun activities besides the game. Did I miss anyplace? Does Dallas merit consideration?

PTR

No Dallas! But I'm sure Jones will get some more there. I like Phoenix (Tuscon even more), but I don't understand why some people don't. Its a great place to watch baseball spring training to.

Giants fans are more psychotic than Pats fans.

Plus $2500 might not be a lot of money to someone living in NYC because the of cost of living (and subsequently the salaries) there.

$2500 will get a decent muffin and a good cup of coffee in NYC these days.. :)

Go Giants!!!

Tim-

PTR

Personally I'd throw Seattle in there as well, beautiful city, and stadium.