Illegal contact only called because Brady threw and interception

The worse call was the play after Evans got the ball knocked away. That 3rd down, the pats* DB was mugging the ravens TE. He had both hands on him and was pulling the jersey. Thats about as obvious of an interference call as i've seen, yet no flag.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Critics of the Pats have made excuses for their winning ways for over a decade now. Yet they keep on winning. Must be an incredibly well co-ordinated conspiracy plan in place by the league and its refs in order to pull this off :rolleyes:

At some point you'd think those critics would just accept the fact that the Pats are an excellent team.

Brady does get his share of helpful calls from the referee's on occasion, but this wasn't one of them. Most of his ref help comes if a player gets to close to him, or accidentally breathes on him, let alone make contact.

A good example of a "Brady call", was during the Bills game when Florence nudged him during a completely legal block on an INT return. Brady flopped to the ground, and the ref called it "Driving the QB into the ground"...

See for yourself

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d8259a7a5/Bills-defense-INT

Even Jets fans thought so... http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239359

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Critics of the Pats have made excuses for their winning ways for over a decade now. Yet they keep on winning. Must be an incredibly well co-ordinated conspiracy plan in place by the league and its refs in order to pull this off :rolleyes:

At some point you'd think those critics would just accept the fact that the Pats are an excellent team.

When cash money is involved anything is possible. Effective corruption is the most compartmentalized endeavor in the world. 3rd parties speaking to 3rd parties with a mutual desire to make money ensures anonymity of who ever is ultimately orchestrating a scheme. To assume that all parties must have knowledge of the scheme is naive at best.

When cash money is involved anything is possible. Effective corruption is the most compartmentalized endeavor in the world. 3rd parties speaking to 3rd parties with a mutual desire to make money ensures anonymity of who ever is ultimately orchestrating a scheme. To assume that all parties must have knowledge of the scheme is naive at best.

Is you last name Mulder or Scully

Unbelievable paranoia. You need to read your post name more often. Why would they ever lose? To throw sleuths such as yourself off the trail?

I DO accept that they are an excellent team. It's been a decade of a lot of winning for them. It's also been a decade in which they were CAUGHT cheating. It's also been a decade of them winning MANY games because of questionable calls. Even an excellent team needs a little help sometimes. I'm not the only one that notices their serial favoritism with Refs.

Regardless of the outcome, can we talk about what a cheap little punk Edelman is?

They showed him shoving Boldin's helmet into the turf after the play on almost every catch, right in front of the refs too. No calls.

I hope someone from the Bills plans on taking him out next season.

Edited by DrDareustein

I DO accept that they are an excellent team. It's been a decade of a lot of winning for them. It's also been a decade in which they were CAUGHT cheating. It's also been a decade of them winning MANY games because of questionable calls. Even an excellent team needs a little help sometimes. I'm not the only one that notices their serial favoritism with Refs.

I often wonder if calls go against them but it's not a story as they win anyway.... I'd like to think it evens out but our hatred blinds us, or they are written off as "well they got that other call 12 years ago."

I believe (without a reply in front of me) that it was the arm hook that killed him.

Also, wasn't the flag out pre-interception? Or am I thinking of another play?

You are probably thinking of the second non-interception. I thought on the second one that Brady knew about the flag and realized it was a free play. I am with the OP on the first one - the flag appeared to come out after the interception.

...and this is exactly why there will never be a significant arrest of anyone in the 5 families of the NY crime syndicate.

Regardless of the outcome, can we talk about what a cheap little punk Edelman is?

They showed him shoving Boldin's helmet into the turf after the play on almost every catch, right in front of the refs too. No calls.

I hope someone from the Bills plans on taking him out next season.

I saw that too! the main one was when bolding caught about a 7 yard pass, then dove and fumbled. clearly after bolding had been down for a second or two, edelman basically hit him in the head.

I noticed that also. They call a lame illegal contact on the Ravens after Brady throws an INT yet let that obvious penalty go. And reporters will say "you can't blame the refs. You have to be able to overcome the bad calls" Well, I say yes you can blame refs sometimes. Games are so close that bad calls or non calls can decide a game. It's a shame.

It wasn't the simple act of contact here, it was the arm hooked on the body - intentional or not it's a fast flag. There are certain cues that get caught most of the time, that one does.

I often wonder if calls go against them but it's not a story as they win anyway.... I'd like to think it evens out but our hatred blinds us, or they are written off as "well they got that other call 12 years ago."

It's definitely possible, although I hate the Jets and Dolphins just as much, and I never seem to notice a bunch of shady calls with them. With the Pats, it always seem to be a failed 3rd down or an INT that gets turned into an extended scoring drive.

In all fairness, I can think of ONE play, earlier this season against the Bills. Fitzy threw it up for grabs to Nelson in the endzone. It was an easy INT for the Pats, but a pass interference flag made it first and goal for the Bills. Even though it appeared to be a fair call, I was shocked they would call that against the Pats!! That call was probably why we won that one.

I've asked Pats fans many a time whether they can name a game that they lost late on a bad call or no call and never get an example of that from them. If it evened out you'd think there'd be at least a few, since they've won so many that way, whether it be the Tuck Rule, "just give it to them", the Colts AFC Championship game a few years back, the Ravens MN game in 2007, the Bills game with the "inadvertent whistle" saving Brady from a pick 6 by Clements, the Texans game from about 2003-4 when Brady's pick at the end was miraculously waived off with a late flag away from the play (one of my favorites--the announcers had absolutely no idea what the infraction was, even after the ref announced it), etc.

I'll ask Pneumonic--any you can give us?

Can we al agree the the NFL is fixed?

Lee caught the pass and the ball was stripped.

No, if the broncos won I would have agreed its fixed. That Tebow is a ratings boon, like em or not...

Also the harbaugh bowl would have made a better story than pats/ giants again.

Don't you think some former player, ref or coach would have come clean for profit?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

No, if the broncos won I would have agreed its fixed. That Tebow is a ratings boon, like em or not...

Also the harbaugh bowl would have made a better story than pats/ giants again.

Don't you think some former player, ref or coach would have come clean for profit?

Tim Donaghy, former disgraced NBA ref, stated that there were some games in which he couldn't pull enough fake calls out of his ass to change the outcome, much to the dismay of the Mob. Let's face it, the majority of NFL games can be fixed with 1 or 2 calls, but if Tebow's involved, you'll usually need a miracle.