Eagles kicking Trent Edwards tires

Beerball

If you said he played for a better football team then I would have agreed with you but to say that because a town is a better football town and that's why he is playing better is ridiculous.

Problem is, they tend to keep their good players- we tend to run them off, because they can't do everything by themselves.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what does this have to do with the town?

Just taking a deserved swipe at some of the fans- it is frustrating to see them constantly running good players and coaches. And frustrating that our owner continues to listen and think like them

I'm happy to see he still has NFL life, he's a guy that's easy to root for. I still don't think he is very good, but he could make a serviceable backup, especially in that type of offense.

The fact that his "best year" included 11 TD's in 14 starts, while still throwing 10 picks despite his 66% completion rate, kind of says it all though...

Accurate yes...good, no...

Completion % was high cause he didn't throw over 5 yds. He dumped the ball off a lot if i remeber correctly. Actually looked like he would develop into a decent QB until the Safety from Zona destroyed him! Then he got scared, and played really scared!

considered ? by who...no wonder Reid couldn't get things righted. His evaluations apparently are questionable at best, there is a reason he wasn't on a roster last year despite the high number of quarterback injuries and STILL no one touched.

Didn't miami want to bring him in and he said no? I could be wrong, but i thought i heard it or read it somewhere

Just taking a deserved swipe at some of the fans- it is frustrating to see them constantly running good players and coaches. And frustrating that our owner continues to listen and think like them

I seriously doubt Ralph and the Gms we've had listen to the fans about personnel, if they did we would have a way different roster;Freeny, Vince Wilfork, Nnamdi, Ngata, Revis, Clay Matthews, JPP, Gronkowski, etc.

Except for playing one of the best games of his career in the very next game.

I've heard both sides a million times and my guess is somewhere in between. Though clearly not a linear plummet, I do think you can trace some issues back to that hit. I don't have a good explanation of the great performance after but it's possible he was all amped up to return, dumb lucky, or something else?

On the flip side, he was never thaaaaat much better before the hit so.....

I'd guess it's a little of both sides. It was likely in his head, but we never proved that his head was on square go begin with. It certainly didn't help.

I hope he succeeds, much like Donte Whitner- Please notice how he is playing, now that he is in a football town. Just like when he was in Columbus, he is playing in a championship game.

Whitner's play making ability is the same as when he was with the Bills. He is an above average Safety playing on a team with a better defense. That is what is different about Whitner.

I can not believe that you are thinking just like crayonz.

Whitner's play making ability is the same as when he was with the Bills. He is an above average Safety playing on a team with a better defense. That is what is different about Whitner.

SO you are saying that it was better to let him go, than it would be to get football players on the team- I guess it is a rule in Buffalo, not to have more than three at one time.

I think his average at best. Can't cover anyone to save his life. Gives some goods hits though!

Except for playing one of the best games of his career in the very next game.

That is easily explained if you know the mechanism/physiology of concussions.you can have a fairly severe concussion--then rest it and

have fairly full functioning after. the problem is---the healing is very fragile--like an eggshell.someone could perform very well soon after this concussion. the problem is--any contact/josling/quick movements can initiate further inflammation of the dura and/or compromise of the blood brain barrier. Further symptoms can easily be and often are delayed.---So yes it is possible---and often happens in those who come back from concussions too soon---that they can perform well for a game(or two) and then be in a worse situation medically than they were after the initial concussion.

I deal with concussions in my biz(no--Im not an expert but I refer to and confer with experts all the time).

That is easily explained if you know the mechanism/physiology of concussions.you can have a fairly severe concussion--then rest it and

have fairly full functioning after. the problem is---the healing is very fragile--like an eggshell.someone could perform very well soon after this concussion. the problem is--any contact/josling/quick movements can initiate further inflammation of the dura and/or compromise of the blood brain barrier. Further symptoms can easily be and often are delayed.---So yes it is possible---and often happens in those who come back from concussions too soon---that they can perform well for a game(or two) and then be in a worse situation medically than they were after the initial concussion.

I deal with concussions in my biz(no--Im not an expert but I refer to and confer with experts all the time).

It is the weirdest thing.

In that game against San Diego, he was quick, decisive and even a bit daring.

I don't doubt the Adrian Wilson hit had lasting effects but somehow it must have had a delayed effect on Trent.

SO you are saying that it was better to let him go, than it would be to get football players on the team- I guess it is a rule in Buffalo, not to have more than three at one time.

In this situation, yes.

Whitner was as good as advertised, and the only way I wanted the Bills to keep him was if he were willing to settle on a contract that was considerably smaller than the deal he got as a first round pick. But there was no chance of that happening.

My main point is that Whitner is not the sole reason for the 49'ers turnaround this season.

Didn't miami want to bring him in and he said no? I could be wrong, but i thought i heard it or read it somewhere

He tried out for several teams. I believe he had looks from SF, Houston and at least one other club. I thought he did try out in Miami but I could be wrong about that.