Saints - 49ers open thread

NoSaint

Not good when your safeties tackle each other. No one behind them!

Bushrod terrifies me. He needs a lot of help today.

I think he made the Pro Bowl but I'd heard that one strategy the Saints used a lot more in the second half of the season was to go to a lot more max protections.

The irony of the Saints' offense is that their offensive line could be one of the best run-blocking lines in the league.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he made the Pro Bowl but I'd heard that one strategy the Saints used a lot more in the second half of the season was to go to a lot more max protections.

The irony of the Saints' offense is that their offensive line could be one of the best run-blocking lines in the league.

He did. Solely as the LT on a good line. They go in groups these days. Good running teams without a lot of sacks get 3-4 guys. Last year was Atlanta. Bushrod gets chips, from backs and TEs and you might have noticed 76 in motion to his side early (a third tackle out there on his side)

Did the announcers ever mention that Whitner's hit was helmet to helmet? They didn't when I was watching.

You can hit helmet to helmet unless the player is defenseless.

Edited by NoSaint

Interesting.

Goal to go and two straight pass plays.

Make that 3 straight pass plays.

Say what you want about Alex Smith… he can sling the rock.

Harbaugh has worked miracles… the best job by a first-year Head Coach I've ever seen by far.

++++++1

How exactly do you get that much separation that quickly at the goal line?

Yeah they didn't really show a good replay on how Crabtree freed up so much.

They were more interested in Gore's pass blocking.

On the muffed kickoff you could see the return man had the sun in his eyes a bit… judging by the shadows.

The no-dome field advantage.

Yeah they didn't really show a good replay on how Crabtree freed up so much.

They were more interested in Gore's pass blocking.

On the muffed kickoff you could see the return man had the sun in his eyes a bit… judging by the shadows.

The no-dome field advantage.

The issue is the pt23 concussion took sproles off kicks. Roby hasn't caught a kick in game action in over a year.

They were down last week and had 5 straight tds out of halftime. Not banking on it but not out of it yet.

That stop was critical.

If anyone can come back, it's the Saints.

The issue is the pt23 concussion took sproles off kicks. Roby hasn't caught a kick in game action in over a year.

Good call.

Sproles and Ivory (and Ingram) are all excellent but Thomas is a unique and underrated talent.

Reminds me of Terry Allen.

They put Sproles back on the return that time.