bills need to sign Okoye

ARMchairgm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCEHPW0Vgc

he's only 24 and has been in the league for 4 years, he played pretty good in spot duty with the bears. He would come pretty cheap and he's due for a breakout season imo.

He also has played in a 3-4 and 4-3

GO GET HIM!

When has he played in the 34? I liked him when he was coming out of college and thought he'd be a great player in Houston, however they cut him when they switched to the 34 and he went to another 43 team in Chicago.

If this team is gonna spend money on a FA, it damn well be a very good pass rusher of the edge. When Wanny took over the D, like it or not, this team became a 4-3. Edwards, Carrington, Heard, Troup, and Johnson are all DTs in a 4-3, as are Williams and Dareus. The Bills aint carryong 7 DTs. And, they only have one 4-3 end on their roster. They need pass rushers on both edges... period. Whether one is a LB and the other a DE doesn't matter. Kelsay will be at one end and between the draft and FA, the Bills are gonna need at least 2 more 4-3 DEs (these will be speed guys in the 260-270 lb. range) and at least 2 or 3 4-3 OLBs (we're talking 225 - 240 lbs.). So, even if the Bills stayed 3-4 with 7 DL @ >300 lbs, how Okoye being about 295 lbs. and only having played DT and NT would make any sense, it's beyond me.

My favorite NFL Films voice of all-time.

Anybody know his name?

Without clicking on the link the two most famous voices for NFL films were John Facenda and the recently late Harry Kallas.

Bflo's own Jeff(erson) Kaye also did work for NFL films and did a really good job.

p.s.- linky no worky, RobGuy

Without clicking on the link the two most famous voices for NFL films were John Facenda and the recently late Harry Kallas.

Bflo's own Jeff(erson) Kaye also did work for NFL films and did a really good job.

p.s.- linky no worky, RobGuy

The video is included in post #7 of this thread.

I know it's not Facenda. Gonna look up the other name.

Edit: Don't think it's Kalas either, unless his voice changed quite a bit between that video and the recent one I just viewed.

2nd edit: Jeff Kaye, that's it! Thank you!

Edited by RobGuy

If this team is gonna spend money on a FA, it damn well be a very good pass rusher of the edge. When Wanny took over the D, like it or not, this team became a 4-3. Edwards, Carrington, Heard, Troup, and Johnson are all DTs in a 4-3, as are Williams and Dareus. The Bills aint carryong 7 DTs. And, they only have one 4-3 end on their roster. They need pass rushers on both edges... period. Whether one is a LB and the other a DE doesn't matter. Kelsay will be at one end and between the draft and FA, the Bills are gonna need at least 2 more 4-3 DEs (these will be speed guys in the 260-270 lb. range) and at least 2 or 3 4-3 OLBs (we're talking 225 - 240 lbs.). So, even if the Bills stayed 3-4 with 7 DL @ >300 lbs, how Okoye being about 295 lbs. and only having played DT and NT would make any sense, it's beyond me.

Carrington and Johnson are both DEs

The video is included in post #7 of this thread.

I know it's not Facenda. Gonna look up the other name.

Edit: Don't think it's Kalas either, unless his voice changed quite a bit between that video and the recent one I just viewed.

2nd edit: Jeff Kaye, that's it! Thank you!

Christian Okoye was a monster and he gave us fits.

The voice is great indeed, but Facenda is my favorite.

Edited by Bob in STL

Christian Okoye was a monster and he gave us fits.

The voice is great indeed, but Facenda is my favorite.

I am 21 years old, so since I grew up with that voice on NFL Films, it quickly became my favorite.

Especially the Super Bowl XXV edition.