STOP ACTING LIKE STEVIE LED THE LEAGUE IN DROPPED PASSES!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

He isn't in ranked in the top 20 for dropped passes....hearing everyone talk up Bowe and he is ranked 2nd most dropped passes.....

Learn to appreciate what we have....

Interesting....I knew he was a little inconsistent at times but Didnt know he was that high on the list.

These posts are less than useless. If you want to rant do it somewhere else and don't bore the rest of us with these generalized accusations.

Its not ranting its facts...when people here continue to say stevie drops soo many passes....and then they say get rid of him for another player that damn near led the league in dropped passes...... where's the sense in that?

But if facts are boring.....continue to read the post that aren't backed by stats...and have fun in ignorance!

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=nfl&type=receiving&rank=232

He isn't in ranked in the top 20 for dropped passes....hearing everyone talk up Bowe and he is ranked 2nd most dropped passes.....

Stevie just drops game winning passes. His drops of easy catchable balls have cost us one game per year since he's been a starter. and counting.

I am a SJ fan, and we need to sign him...That said...

I don't care what the stats say, SJ does drop a lot of passes. Especially in important situations like third downs, goal situations, and game winning drives...

You don't need stats to tell you that, just watch the games.

Also, you don't have to have amazing hands to be a good WR...Good examples are TO, Marshall, Garcon, Bowe, SJ, ect...

On the flip side, Nicks might have the best hands I have ever seen.

Stop acting like "everyone" is talking up Bowe or saying SJ leads the league in drops.

This too...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

Stevie just drops game winning passes. His drops of easy catchable balls have cost us one game per year since he's been a starter. and counting.

THIS...... his has probably the WORST drop of yr, 2 yrs in a row in league.... i love stevie, but hes a top #2, if we can get even a 2nd top #2 id be happy cuz sometimes its better to have 2 guys that are go to guys so defenses dont have a "clear" cut #1 to assign their best CB on... offense can be fixed very simply be FA.. if we can use spiller like NO used sproles but with less catches but more runs but just make sure he give him tocuhes and have him on field at SAME time as freddy with a another wr like VJ, or bowe etc.... we have 4 solid weapons plus nelson who is an above average slot guy and great red zone target due to his height.. but we need a guy that can at least fear teams that he can stretch field cuz donald jones is a number 4 or5 WR at least.. can step in for a game or 2 if someone is hurt, but the fact the we were"relying on him" early was absurd..

from seeing post season presser i have a strong feeling stevie will be back and they will get another WR and draft a mid round QB.. which i think is perfect cuz they love fitz, i dont but im not running team... so however much we rant, unless somehow rg3 drops to us, we are not getting a QB with barkley and jones staying in school... draft tons on D (try and do what we did last yr and get lsu and bama boys) and an OL or 2 and get 1 more vet on D and we are a legit playoff contender..

Its not ranting its facts...when people here continue to say stevie drops soo many passes....and then they say get rid of him for another player that damn near led the league in dropped passes...... where's the sense in that?

But if facts are boring.....continue to read the post that aren't backed by stats...and have fun in ignorance!

Elda, Please. If you're going to speak of facts, please stick to them yourselves. The fact is, I have not seen anyone saying "get rid of Stevie for Bowe". Nix says, and most of us agree, we need at least one and maybe two WR to be signed or drafted. Bowe might be a good FA target, in some people's view. That's in addition to Stevie, not "get rid of him for another player". If you see posts to the contrary, please provide the links so that we can agree on the facts.

When looking at drops, there are a couple of factors at play. It's never been clear to me how a drop gets scored. I've heard "if it touches the receiver's hands". Does a guy get tagged for a drop if he stretches or jumps to make a spectacular catch, and gets a hand on the ball? Is it a low-percentage long bomb, or was it a bulls-eye right in the numbers?

Statistically, SJ is tagged with 5 or less drops, some of us feel that there are considerably more than that in terms of passes he could have hauled in and didn't. The thing that bothers me and some other people about some of SJ's drops is that they're "clutch" - possible game-changers that hit him right in the hands or right in the numbers, that should have been caught. I hope it's being young and lacking focus sometimes and he'll take a step and fix it.

I would have to watch Bowe play more and see what kind of passes he drops and when to know if it bothers me more or less.

1326374569[/url]' post='2361170']

I am a SJ fan, and we need to sign him...That said...

I don't care what the stats say, SJ does drop a lot of passes. Especially in important situations like third downs, goal situations, and game winning drives...

You don't need stats to tell you that, just watch the games.

Also, you don't have to have amazing hands to be a good WR...Good examples are TO, Marshall, Garcon, Bowe, SJ, ect...

On the flip side, Nicks might have the best hands I have ever seen.

This too...

This.Elda foolishly omits how critical Johnson's drops are for a team in need of talent infusion.

OP, if you start other immature, capital lettered rale, it will be your last one for a while. These folks aren't hanging' with you in your parents basement. Get a grip!

I agree. watched them all from "Golden Wheels to SJ. The one dropped pass that hurt the most was Ronnie Harmon's in Cleveland. I was there in the end zone behind him. If I had been closer I think I would have caught it! Kelly threw a perfect pass and the the guy just blew it, what was really bad it was an easy easy catch and it had playoff implications to make it worse. In short they all drop passes given time, just like all baseball players strike out. Resign him he's a very very good young receiver its that simple.

There you go again. I never said Stevie drops a lot of passes, so making generalizations is BS. I don't think that the majority of the folks on this board have claimed he is among the league leaders in drops so get rid of him, so this post is a rant to the few and is boring.

Edited by Triple Threat

And you are wrong. Your opinion is not based in fact, as a matter of FACT it is contradictory to the FACTS, and therefore you are WRONG.