Buddy Nix press conference today @11am

Buftex

I agree philosophy is more important, then scheme. We could be a running team with the spread for instance :ph34r: (please).

I don't care if they run the 6-2 stack monster, as long as they can friggin stop someone once in a while.

We can't stop the run and when we do, we can't stop the pass. We were trully a defense void of talent and without direction. Whatever Edwards was doing for 14 of the 16 games this year didn't work and he didn't put the putrid talent in a position to do well even if they sucked. It was a complete lose/lose situation on defense.

Hopefully the stache will be able to utilize what little talent we have more efficiently.

If Ralph opens the wallet like Buddy says, hopefully they will be able to land a couple of Free Agents to shore up a very weak front 7.

Edited by flomoe

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Houston can afford him. He's going to want a contract similar to Peppers, which is about 6yrs and $90 million. Can you picture a Buffalo News headline that reads "Bills land Williams with $90M deal?" I sure can't.

I think a more realistic target is Cliff Avril. He'll probably command about half that and is a much better pass rusher than most people think.

Yes your second post sounds more familiar. Bills are always landing or starting the guys that reportedly "might be better than most people think". They are never signing the guys that are great by general consensus.

I got a feeling that Buddy and Chan will target Dwayne Bowe, he is an UFA in 2012 and played with Chan in KC prior to his departure. And for all intents and purposes he played great in that system with Thigpen. He is a slow starter but is the typ of WR Buddy was talking about. Big, physical and fast. Imagine him opposit of Stevie, then throw Spiller in the slot or Jones with Freddie in the back field.....I think it moved....

Fine with me, but the Honey Badger is a sophomore.

Has he given any indication that he will enter the draft?

I get that he is young. But he is as an aggressive DB which is the exact spot needed in today's NFL. I can't see him passing up a big paycheck for another year. I say he declares and we take him.

I get that he is young. But he is as an aggressive DB which is the exact spot needed in today's NFL. I can't see him passing up a big paycheck for another year. I say he declares and we take him.

Uhhhhhh, he can't declare until after his Junior year. Just ask Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams. :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

Uhhhhhh, he can't declare until after his Junior year. Just ask Maurice Clarett and Mike Williams. :thumbsup:

Maurice Clarett couldn't declare because he was in jail and I wish Mike Wiliams NEVER declared. If you don't want a CB fine, but these sure are weird reason. Honey Badger can declare and should. He gets his right to declare here.