When will they ever learn? Tampa gets permission

Beerball

I miss ol' Wade. Seeing him last night with his dad was touching. Maybe this time he gets his chance and succeeds, I will wish him luck though it will take more then that.

Yeah, no ill will either. I'd like to see him succeed, but history sez differently.

He never had a losing record with the Bills and brought them back to the playoffs in one year (6-10 to 10-6). He also led the Cowboys to their only playoff victory since the 90s. And yet he is a bad head coach? Because Jerry Jones stocks his team with stupid prima donnas? Because of his appearance?

Besides the fact that he is the poster boy for the Coordinator/Head Coach Peter Principle, Wade also has legit health concerns which are not necessarily short term.

Quite honestly, WTF is Tampa thinking?

It is a sad franchise. They are just as dysfunctional as the bills, they are just not cursed like us.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

He never had a losing record with the Bills and brought them back to the playoffs in one year (6-10 to 10-6). He also led the Cowboys to their only playoff victory since the 90s. And yet he is a bad head coach? Because Jerry Jones stocks his team with stupid prima donnas? Because of his appearance?

He's not a bad head coach. He's clearly a good one. On the other hand, he hasn't had much success in the playoffs. It doesn't mean he won't eventually, but he hasn't yet.

I do think that Jerry stepped on his toes a little bit, and that hampered him in Dallas.

I do think that Jerry stepped on his toes a little bit, and that hampered him in Dallas.

He had no control or authority with the players. I'm sure JJ didn't help that but I always found it amazing hearing stories from that team after he left... Stuff like "first time I ever brought a notebook to a meeting" referring to after Garrett took the reigns. Even simple things like guys being late to flights regularly.

Tampa has gotten a lot of questionable guys that were available due to character, and has had a ton of issues with that regard. It's considered wades weakest point as a HC

Further they've spent like 4 or 5 out of their last 6 first and second round picks on d-line for the 43 haven't they (McCoy, price, bowers, and clayborn come to mind off hand) and signed haynesworth who has had his issues with the 34

Edited by NoSaint

Do you mean why do teams let other teams interview their coaches?

I've read most of the posts and think that Wade is a good DC just not a good HC. So far he has failed in Denver, Buffalo, Dallas and three interm jobs where he took over mid season.

As Far as going to 43 team goes, he went to Houston and in one year transformed one of the worst defenses in league to the best 34 and the #1 rated defense. This shows that it can be done and should have happened here and also shows that we didn't hire the right 34 DC in the first place. I prefer the 34 and Chan should have gone after an experienced 34 DC to head ours instead of Edwards.

But now that we "probably" going back to a 43 hopefully Wanny can do a good job here. Just wish we never went 34 now and the past two drafts would have gone towards that and guys like JPP and Linval Joseph. Luckily for us the guys we drafted last year will be able to transfer a 43 easily. Troupe, Carrington, Moats and Batten may not be so fortunate.

He had no control or authority with the players. I'm sure JJ didn't help that but I always found it amazing hearing stories from that team after he left... Stuff like "first time I ever brought a notebook to a meeting" referring to after Garrett took the reigns. Even simple things like guys being late to flights regularly.

Tampa has gotten a lot of questionable guys that were available due to character, and has had a ton of issues with that regard. It's considered wades weakest point as a HC

Further they've spent like 4 or 5 out of their last 6 first and second round picks on d-line for the 43 haven't they (McCoy, price, bowers, and clayborn come to mind off hand) and signed haynesworth who has had his issues with the 34

Still, it's only an interview; no guarantee he'll get the job.

I don't understand why people think that Wade is a bad head coach. Let's review is resume.

-2 years at Denver: One trip to the playoffs and one 8-8 season.

-3 years at Buffalo: Two trips to the playoffs and one 8-8 season.

-3 years with Dallas: Two trips to the playoffs, then fired mid way through the next season. He won a playoff game and improved to a 13-3 record after taking over for Parcells.

Edited by auburnbillsbacker

He's not a bad head coach. He's clearly a good one. On the other hand, he hasn't had much success in the playoffs. It doesn't mean he won't eventually, but he hasn't yet.

I wouldn't even go that far. He was terrible in Denver, underachieved in Dallas, and the only reason he won in Buffalo was because Ted Cottrell ran his defense and Doug Flutie masked problems with the o-line.

I'm sure he's a great guy, but he's much better suited to be a DC than a head coach.

I don't understand why people think that Wade is a bad head coach. Let's review is resume.

-2 years at Denver: One trip to the playoffs and one 8-8 season.

-3 years at Buffalo: Two trips to the playoffs and one 8-8 season.

-3 years with Dallas: Two trips to the playoffs, then fired mid way through the next season. He won a playoff game and improved to a 13-3 record after taking over for Parcells.

Let's talk about that third point. How much credit does Parcells get for that team?