Dont Be Surprised To See Stevie Sign With...

not comparing what they have done, Stevie is an idiot and about himself. NOTHING to do with race - you went there I didn't. Vick's deal is a huge mistake - you don't think the Eagles would like to get out of that ? Being an idiot is not exclusive to black or white. I'm insulted not knowing anything about me you would call me a racist. The list of idiots in the NFL is too long to post here, what popped in my mind was the most recent mistake of a contract they wished the wouldn't have offered. That was Vick

and was standing on the sideline watching why again???

With the Eagles he has been a model citizen so nice try on backing out of what you meant. You were referring to Vicks Falcon days and the idiocy being his dog fighting ring. If you really meant idiot then you may have used someone else from the long lost, I don't think you were.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the issues with stevie playing in Buffalo next year is his relationship with Fitz magic. These guys are pretty tight it seems.

When Ryan went on his skid i think he lost a lot of self confidence and having steve there running patterns and helping ryan look good helped him out of the slump. You have to have a guy you can trust to go get the ball.

Even if we think there are much better guys for that ( and there are! ) Ryan trusts S J. That goes along way. If you saw the interview with Ryan you might have caught a little emotion from him in regard to keeping him on. Probably the best thing to do at this point. Synergy i think it's called.

ps i did not get anything racist from the Vick is an idiot post. i hate Vick myself and would never compare him to our laid back hippie type Stevie. Why so serious guys? :nana:

no, he hasn't "proven it time and time again". he dropped 2 !@#$ing balls. it doesn't make him a loser. what about the game he had 3 2nd half TDs vs Cincy? Was he "clutch" that game?

You mean after they were playing street FA signings from that week due to injuries, including NUMEROUS in the first half.

But his immature anticts cost 15 yards on a kickoff, which most likely goes for a touchback anyway. Who cares that the QB and other players on the team love him. Those touchbacks really hurt our team.

So was it his antics or the fact that the kicker couldn't kick the ball past 5 yards that hurt our team? Because think about it if he didn't celebrate would the kicker still have kicked the shortest kickoff of all time? Answer is: YES!

So was it his antics or the fact that the kicker couldn't kick the ball past 5 yards that hurt our team? Because think about it if he didn't celebrate would the kicker still have kicked the shortest kickoff of all time? Answer is: YES!

The kicker never would have attempted the squib kick in the first place if he had that extra 15 yards of field position.

GO BILLS!!!

New England Or NY Jets.

The Jets have to see how well Stevie did against Revis this season.

They love flashy, me first type guys too, and they will pay him. Burris was on a one year deal. he'll probably be back, but Holmes may not be. He is a total doosh, so they may say adios.

Patriots too. Welker and Branch are free agents. Both probably come back, but Ochocinco is gone.

Stevie may take less to play with Pats and a real QB and coach, plus you know he'd love to stick it to Chan.

From indication...he is not coming back which is too bad. When you don't hear guys like Gailey say "We want him back" that isnt a good sign.

Stevie is a me first? Never complained about not get enough looks...was cool with ryan getting his contract first, no issues off field.... two 15 yard penalties all year wow

I could have sworn Gailey said it was a squib attempt after the game.

GO BILLS!!!

This is my recollection as well. Coach Gailey said they had the squib on so that one of the leagues best return teams wouldn't get a good run back since we were kicking off from our own 20.

This is why some of us say Stevie is selfish. Didn't he consider that if he got that penalty that the kicker we picked up off of waivers would have to kick off from our own 20? That the Jets were one of the best KO return teams in the NFL? That our D sucks and we should under no circumstances spot our division rival when we're still in the playoff hunt 15 yards?

Evidently not, he thought it was more important to have fun and get on ESPN highlights pretending he was an airplane. That's not what winners do.

But really it's the drop later in the game that is the real issue. If yall get your way and we resign him, I hope next November or December we're not bemoaning another crunch time drop that could cost us a game and a playoff spot.

New England Or NY Jets.

The Jets have to see how well Stevie did against Revis this season.

They love flashy, me first type guys too, and they will pay him. Burris was on a one year deal. he'll probably be back, but Holmes may not be. He is a total doosh, so they may say adios.

Patriots too. Welker and Branch are free agents. Both probably come back, but Ochocinco is gone.

Stevie may take less to play with Pats and a real QB and coach, plus you know he'd love to stick it to Chan.

From indication...he is not coming back which is too bad. When you don't hear guys like Gailey say "We want him back" that isnt a good sign.

If he signs with New England I will need a rope and a chair. Watching Gronk and Stevie beat us like a drum year in and year out will be more than I can bear.

we have to resign stevie imo...we're short on WR WITH Stevie..if we let Stevie walk we're going to have to obtain 2 WR this offseason. Stevie is just entering the prime of his career and has had back to back 1,000yd seasons. At 25, there is only upside people.

Yes, he may be a bit of an ars at times with his antics on the sidelines but you still have to resign him though. Stevie may not be a premier #1..but he's definitely a 1A WR imo who can be part of the eventual solution in buffalo. I'd be pretty upset if Stevie goes elsewhere.

This is my recollection as well. Coach Gailey said they had the squib on so that one of the leagues best return teams wouldn't get a good run back since we were kicking off from our own 20.

This is why some of us say Stevie is selfish. Didn't he consider that if he got that penalty that the kicker we picked up off of waivers would have to kick off from our own 20? That the Jets were one of the best KO return teams in the NFL? That our D sucks and we should under no circumstances spot our division rival when we're still in the playoff hunt 15 yards?

Evidently not, he thought it was more important to have fun and get on ESPN highlights pretending he was an airplane. That's not what winners do.

But really it's the drop later in the game that is the real issue. If yall get your way and we resign him, I hope next November or December we're not bemoaning another crunch time drop that could cost us a game and a playoff spot.

I don't disagree that it was a boneheaded play by Stevie and I, like many others, was really pissed off when he got flagged ffor it. I also think the term "selfish" needs to be qualified. I wouldn't consider Stevie's actions to be selfish in the same sense as Santonio Holmes...Stevie's selfish acts I feel CAN be corrected b/c everything I have read/heard about Stevie, he seems like a pretty decent guy. I think Stevies main problem right now is that he's still a bit immature. I don't see maliciousness in Stevie's actions...stupidity yes, but Stevie's actions were never mean spirited. Someone like Stevie can be corrected...someone like Holmes cannot (imo).

Stevie's new contract should simply have a clause that stipulates that if Stevie gets flagged for celebrations he'll get automatically fined $30K by the team....you'd see how quickly the boneheaded celebrations would end.

I don't see maliciousness in Stevie's actions...stupidity yes, but Stevie's actions were never mean spirited.

I think it could be argued that making fun of a guy for shooting himself in the leg when he could have died and spent 1 1/2 years in jail is a little "mean spirited." It reminds me of basketball fans that chant PLO PLO at a game because one of the player's father was killed by the PLO. Not quite as bad, but still not nice. Has no place in the game.

Stevie's new contract should simply have a clause that stipulates that if Stevie gets flagged for celebrations he'll get automatically fined $30K by the team....you'd see how quickly the boneheaded celebrations would end.

So if we sign him to a contract paying him 9 mil a year, do you think $30,000 would even matter to him? I'm not sure he will learn no matter what. Last year he got a penalty and a fine for it. This year he got a penalty and a fine and the coach said that anyone who gets flagged will be sat for the game and he does it anyway. When he got fined this year for the second time in two years he made a big joke about it.

If we do re sign him, we'll probably just have to live with this silliness.

But as I watch other games around the league it seems to me that funny EZ celebrations are passe. They are so late 90s/early 2000s when guys like TO and Joe Horn and Ocho Cinco did them. Besides SJ, I really don't see anyone else doing them. Maybe it's not worth the fine and penalty and hurting your team?

Really though, I just hope the big time clutch drops stop.

This is just silly. Because of the 15 yd penalty, Chan Gailey ordered a "squib" kick, which was an epic fail.

Without the celebration thus the penalty, Chan has no reason to order the squib thus, no epic fail.

Whether the squib kick was a sensible call is another question.