Will the Rams go for this?

Justice

The Rams will be looking for a boat load of picks and certainly not a WR with after touchdown celebration behavioral problems.

The conversation starts with three #1 picks...2012, 2013, 2014. Considering how bad the Bills are at picking first round talent that deal would be a steal for the Bills.

Im glad you're not a GM

The most ridiculous thing about this thread is that people believe that the 10th and 39th picks and a WR not even under contract will get you the 2nd pick.

For what it's worth and considering the source not much. John Clayton said to move up to #1 from somewhere in the top 10. The price would be three number 1's and 2 second round picks.

The cost to move up to #2 probably won't be a whole lot cheaper. Again this comes from Clayton. Like the Bills would do this anyways.LOL

I believe Stevie is still under contract until the Day FA opens in teh NFL in March. If he wasn't under contract, he could sign at any time with any team, or discuss a new deal with teams before that time. The NFL "year" runs from the start of FA in March of one year, til the day before the start of FA the next year, not the last game that you play in that season. I know it happens in the NHL, players sometimes get traded just before the start of FA allowing the new team to have their rights to negotiate a new deal prior to having to complete for them when FA opens. (How Ehrhoff was acquired by the Sabres this offseason) So unless the NFL does not allow this, a deal could still be made to send SJ to another team for compensation, and give the other team his negotiating rights to work out a deal before he even becomes a FA, otherwise it may be possible to do what the NBA does and do a "Sign and trade" where a new contract is worked out and the player is then moved. I guess if the Rams wanted SJ, and wanted to move out of the #2 spot, they may be interested. If not, then I doubt they take a deal like that when they can just draft a much better weapon then SJ at #2 for Bradford

an extra early 2nd rounder, plus a veteran WR with NFL experience might be enough for them to move down 8 spots. They can still get a great player at #10, plus they get an extra pick in round 2 and a young, veteran WR weapong for Bradford. Of course the price goes way up if the Colts pass on Luck and hes available at #2...........

trade deadline passed after week 6

Swapping 1sts and giving away a 2nd and SJ would probably be the the very minimum of what it would take to get up to #2 overall. I'm not even going to get into the draft value chart since so many of you think it's bunk.

That said, i really don't think StL would be very interested in getting out of that spot. At #2 they'll be assured of drafting Blackmon to pair with Lloyd (if he stays). The Rams have had so much trouble finding WR weapons in recent years that Blackmon would be extremely hard for them to pass up. If they go down to #10, they miss Blackmon, and Alshon and the ND guy may be gone as well.

They'd also be able to take the best defensive player in the draft at #2 as well. Their D could certainly use whoever that ends up being.

im glad that you referenced in these trade ups that its "swapping firsts." our first for a higher first should hardly be considered part of the "cost to move up." under this theory (which i dont think the rams go for, or is totally realistic) we are offering a 2nd and a receiver (that im assuming is in theory leaving for this to be a real discussion) in exchange for moving up to 2.

trade deadline passed after week 6

Yes, the trade deadline already passed on week 6, but you may trade players right before the draft.

I didn't have much time earlier to make myself clear, but when I was referring to trading SJ of course I meant we'd have to franchise him first.

I'd like to go on record as saying that I'm against trading Stevie. If the Bills are dead set against re-signing him than at the very least we should get something for him, just like TD did with Price. Whether it be trading him for a pick or to move up to get, IMO, the best QB in the draft which is RG 3.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is very limited to what he can do. If he can't hurt people with the deep pass, which he has been unable to do thus far, consistently, than the Bills will always be easy to defend and we will never be a threat to even go to the playoffs without a franchise QB.

We need to do whatever it takes to acquire that type of QB even if it means giving up a whole lot in order to do so.

Yes, the trade deadline already passed on week 6, but you may trade players right before the draft.

I didn't have much time earlier to make myself clear, but when I was referring to trading SJ of course I meant we'd have to franchise him first.

I'd like to go on record as saying that I'm against trading Stevie. If the Bills are dead set against re-signing him than at the very least we should get something for him, just like TD did with Price. Whether it be trading him for a pick or to move up to get, IMO, the best QB in the draft which is RG 3.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is very limited to what he can do. If he can't hurt people with the deep pass, which he has been unable to do thus far, consistently, than the Bills will always be easy to defend and we will never be a threat to even go to the playoffs without a franchise QB.

We need to do whatever it takes to acquire that type of QB even if it means giving up a whole lot in order to do so.

I was replying to someone saying we should trade him now before he's a free agent. I several times noted the franchise on your behalf.

If we offered the Rams our 1st, 2nd and Stevie Johnson for their 2nd overall, will they go for it?? Would you like this trade?

We can't trade SJ unless we sign him, and if SJ thinks he's going to be traded, why would he want to sign rather than negotiating directly with teams he might like to play for?

If we franchise him I'm not sure he can be traded - I think the non-exclusive franchise tag means other teams can talk to him and we get to match their offer or get 2 1st round draft picks

I could be wrong, but I think there's a good chance the Rams will be offered far more than 2 #10 draft picks and a mid-range player.

The most ridiculous thing about this thread is that people believe that the 10th and 39th picks and a WR not even under contract will get you the 2nd pick.

SD is correct. Why would STL give up a #2 for a #10 and some second rounder?

We can't trade SJ unless we sign him, and if SJ thinks he's going to be traded, why would he want to sign rather than negotiating directly with teams he might like to play for?

If we franchise him I'm not sure he can be traded - I think the non-exclusive franchise tag means other teams can talk to him and we get to match their offer or get 2 1st round draft picks

I could be wrong, but I think there's a good chance the Rams will be offered far more than 2 #10 draft picks and a mid-range player.

You can deal a franchised player, but I believe he has to sign the tender (essentially veto power).

If we offered the Rams our 1st, 2nd and Stevie Johnson for their 2nd overall, will they go for it?? Would you like this trade?

If I were the Rams, I would take RG3 and deal Bradford.

But if I were going to stick with Bradford I would trade him to a team that picks earlier than the Bills(Browns? Dolphins?) for at least this years 1, 2 and 3 and next years 1 and 2.

If there is a franchise QB available that pick in the draft is worth considerably more now that signing them doesn't cost anywhere near what it used to.

Make no mistake, RG3 is going to be viewed with less skepticism than Newton was. His arm strength and accuracy are great, his character is top notch, he's very intelligent and oh, btw, he is an all american type track athlete. He's ridiculous. Anyone projecting him to go lower than #2 needs their eyes checked.

If I am the Rams and can't work out a better deal.....I take Buffalo's 1 and 2 this year, #1 next year and Marcel Dareus and Aaron Williams because they are need positions for the Rams and they are the Bills best young defenders under long term control.

Make note.....players "under team control". Very important.

Stevie Johnson has very little value without a long term contract in hand.

Grasp this concept......unless you are a complete idiot you don't trade for the #2 pick in the draft until it's draft day.

I mean......what if RG3 is involved in a serious accident or something a week before the draft....and you have already traded a kings ransom for the second pick and you have just traded a fortune for the right to draft Justin Blackmon WR???

So knowing you can't trade Stevie until draft day because there won't be a long term contract in hand.......he'd be a rental which is worth very little....maybe a fourth round value?

I mean, what are you going to do.....let him negotiate with the Rams ahead of time? Make him think he is going to be a Bill then trade him? Preposterous ideas. Even if you do franchise him, AT BEST he is worth a very late first round pick, probably more like a late second or third. He is good but not a "top of the market" player like Clements or Winfield were.

If I were the Rams, I would take RG3 and deal Bradford.

But if I were going to stick with Bradford I would trade him to a team that picks earlier than the Bills(Browns? Dolphins?) for at least this years 1, 2 and 3 and next years 1 and 2.

If there is a franchise QB available that pick in the draft is worth considerably more now that signing them doesn't cost anywhere near what it used to.

Make no mistake, RG3 is going to be viewed with less skepticism than Newton was. His arm strength and accuracy are great, his character is top notch, he's very intelligent and oh, btw, he is an all american type track athlete. He's ridiculous. Anyone projecting him to go lower than #2 needs their eyes checked.

If I am the Rams and can't work out a better deal.....I take Buffalo's 1 and 2 this year, #1 next year and Marcel Dareus and Aaron Williams because they are need positions for the Rams and they are the Bills best young defenders under long term control.

Make note.....players "under team control". Very important.

Stevie Johnson has very little value without a long term contract in hand.

Grasp this concept......unless you are a complete idiot you don't trade for the #2 pick in the draft until it's draft day.

I mean......what if RG3 is involved in a serious accident or something a week before the draft....and you have already traded a kings ransom for the second pick and you have just traded a fortune for the right to draft Justin Blackmon WR???

So knowing you can't trade Stevie until draft day because there won't be a long term contract in hand.......he'd be a rental which is worth very little....maybe a fourth round value?

I mean, what are you going to do.....let him negotiate with the Rams ahead of time? Make him think he is going to be a Bill then trade him? Preposterous ideas. Even if you do franchise him, AT BEST he is worth a very late first round pick, probably more like a late second or third. He is good but not a "top of the market" player like Clements or Winfield were.

No, this years, next years and last years 1&2 is a joke to bring up as what it would take. There is no way dareus and Williams are remotely on the market, nor would they be expected.

Further, of course you let Stevie talk to people. If he's not exclusive rights you in fact can't stop him from talking to other people in this scenario. You franchise him, let him pick a handful of teams he'd sign with, let them work out a deal and simultaneously try to work out trade compensation.