Deion Branch and Lee Evans

The Pats traded Branch away and got him back....cheaper than before I believe.

Since Lee Evans has pretty much stunk the joint up in Baltimore, would he have any interest in coming back to Buffalo for a year or two?? I assume he will be cut by Baltimore, and I assume we may be in need of a veteran deep threat WR...makes sense to me.

Be easy on me when attacking...I'm still hung over from a late night of celebrating the firing of "Gedwards"

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Lee Evans has pretty much stunk the joint up in Baltimore, would he have any interest in coming back to Buffalo for a year or two?? I assume he will be cut by Baltimore, and I assume we may be in need of a veteran deep threat WR...makes sense to me.

Be easy on me when attacking...I'm still hung over from a late night of celebrating the firing of "Gedwards"

No need to attack you. It's a legit question. I don't see it happening as Evans doesn't seem to fit the mold of what Gailey needs his WRs to do. Stranger things have happened though.

GO BILLS!!!

He had no place in the Gailey offense before the trade.

He has no place in the Gailey offense in 2012.

Why bother?

Having no place in Gailey's offense in 2011 is a nice way of saying, the Bills didn't want to pay $8 million...now that Stevie is up in the air, and without a legitimate deep threat, I guess it would be worth considering if he can be brought in at a good price...pride has no place in the NFL when it comes to making a paycheck...I bet Lee Evans would come back if the deal was reasonable...I do recall Fitz having quite a bit of success with Evans in 2010.

Having no place in Gailey's offense in 2011 is a nice way of saying, the Bills didn't want to pay $8 million...now that Stevie is up in the air, and without a legitimate deep threat, I guess it would be worth considering if he can be brought in at a good price...pride has no place in the NFL when it comes to making a paycheck...I bet Lee Evans would come back if the deal was reasonable...I do recall Fitz having quite a bit of success with Evans in 2010.

It was 4 Million last year for Evans. Most of his contract was frontloaded

I agree with K-9 I don't want to attack you for this suggestion posed. I just don't think Lee Evans is very good, and for that reason alone I don't see a benefit to bringing him back. On the other hand I think Lee would gladly take any opportunity because I think his options going forward are going to be very limited.

I think Evans would help the Bills the O, however his game was going deep and Fitz just doesn't have the arm to get him the ball.

Good point...still not sure if Fitz is hurting late in the season, and I do recall him hooking up along the sideline a few times this year...not "Drew Brees" deep, but 20 yarders I thought. Still, it might loosen things up a bit for Stevie or Steveie's replacement to have someone carry a CB or safety 30 yds down the field in 4 seconds. Looking at our squad, I don't see a WR who can legitimately cause a CB to backpedal like his life depended on it...at least we know Evans can burn down the sideline if need be.

I wouldn't say it has anything to do with money.

Lee Evans can only run in a straight line really fast.

He is not a good route runner and doesn't seem willing to become a good route runner.

You need to be able to run a whole route tree to be part of this offense.

Lee Evans doesn't have a place in this offense at all.

There are much better options in Free Agency.

He is not a good route runner and doesn't seem willing to become a good route runner.

This

no way , not even close. Evans doesn't do the crossing route thing. chan wanted no part of him. They saved 8 million and gotr a 4th round pick

evans is done

FA's what price? (assuming you want to re-sign Stevie and Freddie). I kinda think we could work a deal for Lee at a cheap price and STILL explore the FA market.

So Lee could be good for a quickie or revenge F some night when the Bills are piss drunk and struck out at the bar?

:thumbsup:

Why can't we attack him?

Why do you guys have to spoil everyone's fun?

This place bites.

Fire away San Jose...I have thick skin...after all, I'm a Bills fan since 1973

FA's what price? (assuming you want to re-sign Stevie and Freddie). I kinda think we could work a deal for Lee at a cheap price and STILL explore the FA market.

The Bills need not worry about price. They are about $20 mill under the salary cap.

Fixed it for ya :D

Yeah you're down 4 injured WRs plus you bench your leading WR, and you get Ruvell Martin and Derek Haggan in the lineup.

Which I would rather have Mario Haggan out there over Lee Evans at this point.