official fitzpatrick "things to improve on list"

Regarding your list

1) Fix the line and then he won't have to throw so quickly

2) Fitz doesn't have a big arm so it is what it is. At best more time from the line will allow him to work on deep ball timing with his WRs.

3) I don't think it's a matter of dumping the ball off more. The offense is designed to make presnap reads, determine your best matchups and let it fly inside 2 seconds. I think the RBs just flat out need to be targeted more or considered favorable matchups in his head.

4) See issue one you brough up with the quick release.

Looking more closely and boiling it down 2 or 3 of the issues could be greatly helped by more time in the pocket to throw. With some personal improvement from Fitz and upgrading the line I think those problems are largely solvable.

i agree a better line helps any qb play better, but who says our lines bad? it was hard to tell since wood went out and fitz was always throwing so quick. and about your point on gaileys offense...it doesnt matter what its designed to do, it didnt work, after week 6 teams loaded up the short zones with db's and that was that. when fitz went deep to beat it, he underthrew it. many times wr's and rb's were wide open post snap and fitz wouldnt come off his primary...ever.

I think Fitz needs to work on his touch. He throws too hard for some short throws, underthrows most long throws, and isn't great at lofting it toward the corner of the endzone. It isn't arm strength that is the problem in most of those situations, it's knowing when to throw hard, soft, high, low, etc. I also find it strange that he underthrows so often on throws of 20 yards or so. That range isn't an arm strength issue. I would think that the cautious thing to do would be to overthrow and hope the receiver can run under it. We all know that those underthrows lead to interceptions.

The experiment is over. Fitzpatrick in not a good QB. Let's dump him, and move this team forward.

Fitz is the QB. He needs Easley, Jones, Jackson and Parrish. that is what he needs. It all made sense to me before those guys all went down by the midpoint of the season. Plus Chandler was out a bunch.

Regarding your list

2) Fitz doesn't have a big arm so it is what it is. At best more time from the line will allow him to work on deep ball timing with his WRs.

3) I don't think it's a matter of dumping the ball off more. The offense is designed to make presnap reads, determine your best matchups and let it fly inside 2 seconds. I think the RBs just flat out need to be targeted more or considered favorable matchups in his head.

Looking more closely and boiling it down 2 or 3 of the issues could be greatly helped by more time in the pocket to throw. With some personal improvement from Fitz and upgrading the line I think those problems are largely solvable.

Let me add: stay committed to the run past the first quarter, and you will ease the pass rush. Also opens up the play action. Chan gives up on the run too early and forces Fitz to throw under pressure.

He needs some wide outs so he doesn't have to throw to guys named Donald Jones,Naaman Roosevelt, Ravell Martin, Brad Smith as a wide out, CJ Spiller as a wide out, Derek Hagan, Mike Caussin, Lee Smith, Roscoe Parish - holy crap get the guy some help. Who are we throwing deep to again ? The strained groin all year Stevie Johnson ? Brees and Brady aren't doing anything with this group either

Regarding your list

Fix the line? He was one of the least (if not the least) sacked QB's in the league. The line isn't the problem. He needs to fix his accuracy (won't happen) and become a LEADER. The guy plays with absolutely no emotion. He must have learned that from Jauron the zombie.

Fix the line? He was one of the least (if not the least) sacked QB's in the league. The line isn't the problem. He needs to fix his accuracy (won't happen) and become a LEADER. The guy plays with absolutely no emotion. He must have learned that from Jauron the zombie.

he has to throw the ball in 3 seconds or less, Fitz is the reason he is the least sacked....NOT the O-line.

he has to throw the ball in 3 seconds or less, Fitz is the reason he is the least sacked....NOT the O-line.

I know it's pretty meaningless, but the Sporting News has a mock draft, and this is what they say about Buffalo:

10. Buffalo Bills: Riley Reiff*, OT, Iowa. Ryan Fitzpatrick struggled greatly over the second half of 2011, and if the Bills can’t provide better pass protection in 2012, their passing attack will not improve.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-01-07/mock-draft-with-barkley-jones-staying-put-ams-tannehill-moves-into-top-10#ixzz1ioogtili

Fitz is the QB. He needs Easley, Jones, Jackson and Parrish. that is what he needs. It all made sense to me before those guys all went down by the midpoint of the season. Plus Chandler was out a bunch.

For the record Easley has not caught a regular season pass yet. Jones? Really?

Parrish, they should resign him and hope. At least we know what we got with Parrish.

Jackson. Well for some he's the team MVP!

When I see Fitz I see a QB that gets better when he gets into a groove (and yeah this is the same with most QBs but what I mean is everything gets better including accuracy and decision making)

So what do you do to improve on this in the offseason? We for one the DEFENSE needs to get better so they are not down by 2 touchdowns in the first quarter or allowing opposing offenses to walk the ball up and down the field taking all th Fie time off the clock......

What Fitz himself needs to work on is to be more patient and not do to much.....when he presses that is when he throws his picks.......

Run the ball when things start going south a little bit Chan....dont put it all on Fitz

When I see Fitz I see a QB that gets better when he gets into a groove (and yeah this is the same with most QBs but what I mean is everything gets better including accuracy and decision making)

So what do you do to improve on this in the offseason? We for one the DEFENSE needs to get better so they are not down by 2 touchdowns in the first quarter or allowing opposing offenses to walk the ball up and down the field taking all th Fie time off the clock......

What Fitz himself needs to work on is to be more patient and not do to much.....when he presses that is when he throws his picks.......

Run the ball when things start going south a little bit Chan....dont put it all on Fitz

+1

All Fitz needs to do is morph into Matthew Stafford, or at least a QB worth his current salary.

And as others have said, what Gailey needs to do is not put the game all in Fitz's hands. He just isn't up to it.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The O-line was much better this year vs last. Fitz started last year for most of the season didn't he? lol I supposed we sucked at running the ball too right?

Edited by Azucho98