Do you feel the Bills are heading in the right direction?

southernbill

Personally I feel we are. This season is a let down after such a great start, but we had a lot of injuries this year, more than most teams deal with in 2 years. I'm encouraged with improvement. If Jackson and Johnson are both back next year and we draft well this year, I think we will see a very competitive team take the field next year. And if not, well that's why you drink beer before and during the game.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why wouldnt Jackson be back? unless you think he gets traded bc he has two years left on his deal

the 2011 draft was light years better then the 2010 draft so in that respect yeah they improved

I have no confidence in Chan at this point. His play calling is brutal and sticking with a wide open passing offense when they should be concentrating on running the ball and controling the clock especially with this defense is a huge concern.

What kind of coach doesnt adjust to what his team does best or try and limit their weaknesses?

Edited by Max997

Personally I feel we are. This season is a let down after such a great start, but we had a lot of injuries this year, more than most teams deal with in 2 years. I'm encouraged with improvement. If Jackson and Johnson are both back next year and we draft well this year, I think we will see a very competitive team take the field next year. And if not, well that's why you drink beer before and during the game.

After 12 years of the same old garbage, i am not so positive

why wouldnt Jackson be back? unless you think he gets traded bc he has two years left on his deal

the 2011 draft was light years better then the 2010 draft so in that respect yeah they improved

I have no confidence in Chan at this point. His play calling is brutal and sticking with a wide open passing offense when they should be concentrating on running the ball and controling the clock especially with this defense is a huge concern.

What kind of coach doesnt adjust to what his team does best or try and limit their weaknesses?

You don't think we concentrate on running the ball? We are 4th in the NFL in yards, 6Th in yds/carry, and 9th in attempts.

I certainly feel we are headed in the right direction. We had a great draft in 2011, sign FJ to a 2yr deal, SJ to a 5yr deal.

Draft well again, making sure to add pass rush, and a big time receiver like Blackman/Blackmon whtever his name is.

The future looks bright, oh yea give Wanny Edwards job, and make that his the asst. he's clueless!!!

Go Bills!!!!!!!!!!

I do as well, despite the setback this season. But I'm the TBD Pollyanna.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

You don't think we concentrate on running the ball? We are 4th in the NFL in yards, 6Th in yds/carry, and 9th in attempts.

no i dont and dont think they have all year....do you honestly think Chan is a run first coach?

how many times have we seen the offense go 3 and out especially early in the game?

dont you think a team with as bad a defense as this starting a below average QB and WR group should be hire then 9th in attempts per game?

chan is pass happy and hasnt adjusted at all since the league caught on to what he was doing

When I checked this morning, the Bills were:

4th in yards per carry (very good)

11th in rushing yards per game (not so good)

That's because they are 27th in the league in rushing attempts per game (very poor)

In other words, when the Bills run the ball, they do so very well.

But they drastically underutilize the running game.

You'd better re-check your numbers.

http://sports.yahoo....t=51&timeframe=

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Dunno where you get those stats from?

http://www.nfl.com/s...=true&Submit=Go

The Bills are currently 11th in total yards, 22nd in yards per game, 26th in attempts per game, 18th in rushing TD's, 6th in runs over 20 yards.

I feel this coaching staff abandons the run way to quickly once they are down by 7 points. Considering the line appears to be better at run blocking then pass blocking it really makes no sense that Gailey just keep trying to run his spread shotgun offense, even when it isn't working

Chan Gailey called plays like an imbecile in many games this season, abandoning the run way to often.

The defense did get slightly better in yards allowed, and way better in turnovers. But you can't bank on getting turnovers every game as evidenced by this Bills season. So the defense must focus on getting better at allowing yards. They are currently 24th overall, 15th passing, 28th rushing.

The Bills are 3-4 players away on offense and 3-4 players away on defense, a good draft and free agency can make this team much better. We will see...

and let's see if the draft of 2012 is as good as the draft of 2011.

I expect them to have another good draft. I honestly think modrak was a problem....and the good draft last year is evidence of that. whoever had more imput, they did a good job...

When I checked this morning, the Bills were:

4th in yards per carry (very good)

11th in rushing yards per game (not so good)

That's because they are 27th in the league in rushing attempts per game (very poor)

In other words, when the Bills run the ball, they do so very well.

But they drastically underutilize the running game.

You'd better re-check your numbers.

http://sports.yahoo....t=51&timeframe=

But that's all been in decline since Fred Jackson and Wood went down. It started declining when both Bell and Hairston went down and Levitre was shuffeled all over the place.

Freddy was leading the league in rushing before he was hurt. Based on however many carries, you can't possibly have a problem with that stat.

But that's all been in decline since Fred Jackson and Wood went down. It started declining when both Bell and Hairston went down and Levitre was shuffeled all over the place.

Freddy was leading the league in rushing before he was hurt. Based on however many carries, you can't possibly have a problem with that stat.

The issue was whether the Bills run the ball enough or not.

The fact that they average 4.8 yards per carry (4th in the NFL) shows that they still run the ball effectively.

The fact that they run the ball only 24.7 times per game (27th in the NFL) shows that they don't run the ball often enough.

Stats aside, the OP bottom line is spot-on IMO.

Come back healthy and add two OLB's and a WR and this is a playoff team - even with Fitz's problems.

The issue was whether the Bills run the ball enough or not.

The fact that they average 4.8 yards per carry (4th in the NFL) shows that they still run the ball effectively.

The fact that they run the ball only 24.7 times per game (27th in the NFL) shows that they don't run the ball often enough.

I'd be more interested in both stats over the last few weeks - I suspect the YPC is down a lot - but had a long way to fall from the earlier lofty heights.

Being way freaking behind a lot tends to limit your ability to rack up any carries in the 2nd half of games, which is also why carries/game and win/loss tend to be correlated, though the causality is not bi-directional.