Does Chan Have any Job "security" After Next Year...

He shouldn't have any, however with old Ralph, who really knows. He may just as well let Gailey play out his contract. What's the difference really.

Nix won't fire Chan, and the current F.O. can't find players in the draft anyhow.

FYI: This team is not going to the playoffs next year either/again.

1. Fitz can't throw.

2. Gailey can't call a game correctly.

3. If Edwards is kept, which he may be, that would seal the deal.

4. If a new D-coordinate is brought in, the Bills will give that guy a year for the "new system", which they don't have the players to support.

Bingo. It's that easy.

It's not really about winning games anyhow, now is it. It's about renewing the Toronto Series, hyping the 2012 draft, and getting just enough

interest to sell a few season tickets.

Why would anyone buy season tickets to a team that doesn't really want to win anyhow?

Chan will be back with high expectations next year. An improved record and/or some true momentum at the end of the season will be enough to keep him around for 2013 even if he doesn't make the playoffs. Edwards will be gone after this year - Wanny will be defensive coordinator. The bell will toll for Chan if we don't make the playoffs in the 2013-2014 season.

The problem we have is that there are no coaches out there that will truly make a difference - pick your poison. Fisher might be an option, but let's be honest, getting folks to the come to Buffalo is half the battle (continuous losing, unsure ownership situation, iffy financial commitment); there is no Cowher (established winning coach), Harbaugh (bright young mind) or true winners that will suddenly lose their job (someone like Fox in Denver) to step in and do more than Gailey.

Gailey seems to have the right mental approach and winning pedigree to back it up - I truly believe that in the long run, he is going to have this team focused on how to win instead of how not to lose - and that belief starts with attitude. Yah, he makes mistakes, but he has no franchise players, just lots of potential. He wants to be here, has built some of the foundation, seems to have a good coaching staff in place, with the exception of Edwards; Wanny and Gailey have had success together before in Dallas. There have been huge improvements on the o-line this year which has helped both the running and passing games immensely along with positives spots throughout the D - the Bills need consistency and depth which only comes through drafting well. We will begin to see Whaley in 2012 filling in some good guys through the draft and free agency. Guys like David Nelson, Donald Jones, Nick Barnett.

I don't like it, but I am forced to put on the rose colored glasses every week. It kills me that we didn't make more of this season, especially after beating the Pats. But I am a realist and reality is that there is no one better out there who wants this job at this time. This team is going to get better, but throwing in more change for the sake of change is going to be what gets us to the playoffs and beyond. And Buddy knows that....

- BBF

Generally I would say that Gailey has to be fired if the Bills don't make the playoffs in 2012.

Three years is a fair enough period of time to evaluate a coach and to give them enough opportunity to turn a program around.

The only way I could see Gailey retained next year if they don't make the playoffs is if it's one of those freaky years where the Bills wins 10 games but don't make the playoffs.

Personally, I don't think that a 9-win season in the 3rd year of a rebuild should be enough to save his job unless there are very extenuating circumstances… such as overcoming a(nother) slew of injuries to win 9 games.

Chan's only mistakes were hictching his wagon to George Edwards and not insisting that Buddy bring in a NT. If Haslett or Nolan were the DC now and the Bills had brought in a NT, we're having a whole different conversation.

Gailey's been making a lot of play calling mistakes, IMO. Besides being pass-happy, I don't like some of his packages, especially (ironically) in passing situations.

I see no justification for not having CJ Spiller in the game on 3rd and long… something that happened repeatedly (again) against Denver.

I'm guessing Gailey would say some drivel about having packages for Tashard Choice. I'm guessing also that the real reason might have something to do with CJ's pass blocking.

But Spiller was a guy being used as a wide receiver at one point… now our most explosive offensive weapon (by far) isn't on the field in 3rd and long?

Guys like Ruvell Martin, Kamar Aiken and Derek Hagan are better alternatives? Hooey.

If Gailey insists on having Choice in the game, devise packages where both Choice and Spiller are in the game.

Also, is it not important for Spiller to improve his pass protection for next year?

Gailey's stubbornness in not using Spiller on all passing downs is as mystifying as his insistence on passing when the QB is beaten up and the wide receivers and offensive line are depleted by injuries.

Just wondering...and explain your opinion.

It depends on the circumstances under which we don't make the playoffs. If we have an IR list that looks like War and Peace again, then yes he does. However, if we just stink up the league, then he's gone.

One of the things I have noticed about the NFL, is that too often coaches are fired for their QB not performing. While Chan isn’t that great, ie he develops these great running game plans then fails to call enough running plays, I would hate for Buffalo to fall into the group of teams that fire their coach for having a bad QB. Fire the QB, not the coach.

I'm talking about next year if he doesn't make the playoffs after next year because I guess there is a 3 year period to judge NFL coaches on.

I would say yes, as long as there's improvement made - meaning if they have 8-10 wins but miss the playoffs I'd guess he'd be back.

Personally, I don't see him having any job security after THIS season!

That Denver game might have pushed Ebeneezer over the edge because of so many unsold seats, but who really knows whats going on in his mind at this point.

The fan base seems intent on giving him another year because the team clicked on a few decent games. Still, 6-9 stinks in my view! I don't see much improvement next year from Gailey, I just don't.

Way to many wrong personnel decisions by both the HC & GM the past two years.

The offensive play calling has been bad since before week 9, and after that Jet game this team lost their heart. Plus both Fred Jackson and Eric wood were both healthy at this point.

The defense has stunk all year in terms of yardage allowed 24th overall. 15th pass, 28th rush. If not for all the amazing takeaways from the secondary (w/o a decent pass rush) this team might not have won 4 games.

I can't emphasize enough how sheer stupidity kept this franchisee from winning more games the last 2-3 years. This FO knew they needed an adequate replacement at LT after they traded away Jason Peters in 08, and yet they keep trying to get by with a 7th round injury prone player who should have been a back up the last 3 years He should have learned his craft on special teams and subbing. They knew they needed a RT after they cut Langston Walker and tried to fill that spot with Cornell Green. They replaced Green with players off the waiver wire. This is what happens when you try and make a Walmart O line work...you simply can't get any offense to be productive for very long with sub par players, especially on the line.

Then there is the pass rush... which they have been trying to upgrade since Aaron Schobel was injured in 08. They have had 3 years to try and upgrade the pass rush and all they could come up with is Aaron Maybin. A one year wonder in College who was a huge developmental project at best who they cut loose because the coaching staffs were clueless how to utilize him.

The first year Buddy Nix was GM looks like a total faille to remedy both problems at pass rush and O line. Unless you consider filling the ranks with scrubs off the waiver wire the proper means to an end. The second year looks better then the first draft, but then that might be only because the Bills were drafting 3rd overall.

This is what happens when you fail to hire a proper GM after the current one retires, and let the moronic head coach do his job and GM job. This is what happens when you hire a retired ex head scout and make him a GM at age 71. This is what happens when you have an insurance salesman as president of the team instead of a person with some actual football acumen.

Bottom line is this franchise has been a dysfunctional mess for almost a decade, i don't see anything changing as the owner gets older either, so SSDY