Brandon Jacobs: my favorite non-Bill

truth on hold

Yeah, a lot of post game blabber, but my son and I were discussing Jacobs while watching the game. He's one of our favorite non-Bills too and I'd love to see him in our red, white and blue. That's something we really haven't had since Gilchrest -a pounding, huge RB who can take a slim 4th quarter lead and leave the opposition offense on the bench as the clock winds down. Juice, Miller, Cribbs, Riddick, TT, Travis Henry, McGahee, F-Jax & Spiller. All are exceptional RBs but not the huge, pounding/guarantee tough yardage power backs. Given Gaileys propensity for quick backs, this isn't going to change anytime soon.

JMO.

Most Giants fans would be happy to give you Jacobs. He's maddeningly inconsistent. due to his size is a very poor short yardage back, he can't get the low pad level needed to be good in that area. When he gets a head of steam yeah is scary tough to bring down, and is a better receiving back than you would think, but Bradshaw is a much better all around back

Yeah, a lot of post game blabber, but my son and I were discussing Jacobs while watching the game. He's one of our favorite non-Bills too and I'd love to see him in our red, white and blue. That's something we really haven't had since Gilchrest -a pounding, huge RB who can take a slim 4th quarter lead and leave the opposition offense on the bench as the clock winds down. Juice, Miller, Cribbs, Riddick, TT, Travis Henry, McGahee, F-Jax & Spiller. All are exceptional RBs but not the huge, pounding/guarantee tough yardage power backs. Given Gaileys propensity for quick backs, this isn't going to change anytime soon.

JMO.

Dudes an idiot, and possibly actually chemically imbalanced. He has had tons of issues ranging from inconsistent play to a temper (helmet tossed at a fan!), to being a lockerroom distraction. A couple of weeks ago he was smart enough to jaw at fans the row ahead of me at the giants saints game for heckling him during pregame warmups. First time ive seen a guy on this level get into it with the crowd for standard level jokes (he made "aints" jokes during the sb run and fans asked how he liked the "aints sb rings.") Given his history you'd think he'd try to lay low with the stands. I've also heard a laundry list of stories that make him sound pretty absurd being near his hometown. In the offseason he has had a ton of "he's famous, well let it slide" incidents that would make marshawn shake his head.

I must have seen those post game comments five or six times on ESPN today. It's nice to see someone call Rex out. I REALLY hope the Jets don't make the playoffs, and these comments will probably be played over and over for years to come. On the other hand, it's easy to make such bold statements AFTER you win the game.

JMO.

I will second that Jacobs is my kind of running back. Especially late in the season. What many fans do not appreciate is the toll tackling a guy like that takes out on the defense especially the defensive backs.

I must have seen those post game comments five or six times on ESPN today. It's nice to see someone call Rex out. I REALLY hope the Jets don't make the playoffs, and these comments will probably be played over and over for years to come. On the other hand, it's easy to make such bold statements AFTER you win the game.

Trash talking started w/ Rex saying he had the best team in NY. And it was Rex who got in Jacobs' face after the game.

Most Giants fans would be happy to give you Jacobs. He's maddeningly inconsistent. due to his size is a very poor short yardage back, he can't get the low pad level needed to be good in that area. When he gets a head of steam yeah is scary tough to bring down, and is a better receiving back than you would think, but Bradshaw is a much better all around back

I will second that Jacobs is my kind of running back. Especially late in the season. What many fans do not appreciate is the toll tackling a guy like that takes out on the defense especially the defensive backs.

This thread is hilarious. Besides Rex, Jacobs is easily the biggest a** hole in New Jersey football. He's soft, petulant--screams at teammates, fans (when thye boo him for sucking), throws his helmet into the stands. He disappears for games at a time. He doesn't take much of a toll if he doesn't make contact.

If you follow the New York Giants at all you would get a totally different picture than the one painted in this thread. Why would any Bills fan want an immature underperforming clown like this on the team is beyond me.

This thread is hilarious. Besides Rex, Jacobs is easily the biggest a** hole in New Jersey football. He's soft, petulant--screams at teammates, fans (when thye boo him for sucking), throws his helmet into the stands. He disappears for games at a time. He doesn't take much of a toll if he doesn't make contact.

If you follow the New York Giants at all you would get a totally different picture than the one painted in this thread. Why would any Bills fan want an immature underperforming clown like this on the team is beyond me.

Seriously. All I hear from giants fans is griping about his dancing, attempts to run horizontal, complaining about teammates, fans, his contract etc.... Very rare to hear positive comments yet alone a thread where he a consensus favorite from around the league.

All around he is very inconsistent and generally disappointing on and off the field.

Thread is not about his merit as a player. It's about him giving it back to Rex. And that's a good great thing.

You should have started your post with this and I wouldn't have read further.

Also, google "brandon jacobs dissapointment" and learn more about your favorite non Bills player's issues. The guy is a total tool.

I saw that interview too , it was great to see some one give it back to Rex !! He is a good coach but his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash & i was routing for the Giants the entire game !!!!

Thanks Big Blue !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The sad is that Sanchez is better than Firzpatrick

Disagree. Sanchez is decent, but highly overrated. He gets a lot of attention because he plays in the NYC market, but many Jets fans will say how he's inaccurate, makes poor decisions and rarely has one of those mistake-free game where the team wins because of him. He's benefitted from a good defense and solid running game, which haven't been that good this year.

I saw that interview too , it was great to see some one give it back to Rex !! He is a good coach but his mouth is writing checks his ass can't cash & i was routing for the Giants the entire game !!!!

Thanks Big Blue !!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My bitterness over super bowl xxv is slowly being replaced by gratitude for games like Saturday and ruining pats perfect season in super bowl XLll

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack