CJ Spiller

Zulu Cthulhu

The way you hate on Fred is weird. He was having an unbelievable season until he got hurt. Top 5 MVP type season. You don't have to disrespect a very good football player because you want people on TBD to know that you were "right" about your boyfriend CJ.

You are one of those guys that just flat out doesn't get it. It's not Fred vs CJ. They are both good players. They should both be signed and playing on this team.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how much you love your honey bunch Fred he is 30 and will be 31 next year. I know you still see the lovely young RB you fell in love with but to people with open eyes they know that his time is numbered. We can extend Freddy's career and incredibly valuable contributions to this team by not running him into the ground just by using a weapon that we had sitting on the bench.

It has taken time but CJ is getting the pro game. It seems like you are pissed that he is because it might mean your snookems won't get as many touches.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen this so many times. One win and the pain killer kicks in and the Bills are now a championship class team.

Or fans just get excited seeing their favorite team win on Christmas Eve. This team probably wasn't as good as a 5-2 start but they weren't close to as bad as a 7 game losing streak either.

IMO and it's a small consolation, but progress was made this year.

Marshawn Lynch

I'm with ya on that one except for the fact that fans helped run him out of town. Sadly his days in Buffalo were numbered before the draft even started. I honestly would have preferred to keep Marshawn and Freddie. Same deal though you have these idiots that always think it has to be one or the other and can't be happy that we have two good guys.

I'm with ya on that one except for the fact that fans helped run him out of town. Sadly his days in Buffalo were numbered before the draft even started. I honestly would have preferred to keep Marshawn and Freddie. Same deal though you have these idiots that always think it has to be one or the other and can't be happy that we have two good guys.

I loved Lynch but let's be honest here: he ran himself out of town. He was one strike away from a season long suspension for being an idiot off the field. I have zero problem with the Bills getting some value for him before he screwed up again.

Maybin, on the other hand, was run out of town by the fans. :devil:

If it was up to Chan Gailey he would still be on the bench. He would be cut next year and picked hI up by a contender who would utilize him properly and he would go on to a successful NFL career.

Fortunately the fates intervened and forced Gailey to use him.

Gailey is awful. This is another example of his shortcomings.

In what alternate universe can you have 2 #1 RBs each getting 25+ touches? I suppose you would have benched Fred Jackson? Oh woe is us! We have two good RBs!

PTR

Only idiots thought Spiller's career was in jeopardy. One thing the Bills are good at is finding running backs: Spiller, Jackson, Lynch, Willis.

Sadly we aren't smart enough to keep them. Fans are more than happy to run guys out of town for being less than perfect human beings. Lynch and McGahee seem to be doing just fine. So much so that Lynch is on sports center every freakin' week with high lite runs. I'm glad for the guy but man I can't believe the criticism the guy used to get. Some people just have no clue that you can have more than 1 good RB. Simple concept I know but it is just beyond the comprehension of some.

You are one of those guys that just flat out doesn't get it. It's not Fred vs CJ. They are both good players. They should both be signed and playing on this team.

The fact of the matter is that no matter how much you love your honey bunch Fred he is 30 and will be 31 next year. I know you still see the lovely young RB you fell in love with but to people with open eyes they know that his time is numbered. We can extend Freddy's career and incredibly valuable contributions to this team by not running him into the ground just by using a weapon that we had sitting on the bench.

It has taken time but CJ is getting the pro game. It seems like you are pissed that he is because it might mean your snookems won't get as many touches.

I'm not obsessed with jamming every carry Fred gets down everyone's mouth. I'm not pissed at all. Check the date on this thread dummy.

"Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

I love me some Freddy and always have but as the season gets longer I'm afraid that he's gonna break down. He's never carried the load for a full season so I'm hoping Gailey starts mixing in CJ a bit more. He's looked good so far so keep his confidence up and get him 10-12 touches today. "

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/137094-cj-spiller/page__p__2283442__fromsearch__1#entry2283442

:oops:

Marshawn Lynch

No you wouldn't.... but in case he somehow miraculously did stay in Buffalo, we would have had to watch him in "least Mode" as he takes more steps side to side than forward. he's an average running back at best, and nobody wanted him come trade time, I don't care what he's doing in seattle, which isn't much more than what would be expected from an average back.

Time to move on people and admit they made a good pick in Spiller, and the kid is going to be a good one.

No you wouldn't.... but in case he somehow miraculously did stay in Buffalo, we would have had to watch him in "least Mode" as he takes more steps side to side than forward. he's an average running back at best, and nobody wanted him come trade time, I don't care what he's doing in seattle, which isn't much more than what would be expected from an average back.

Time to move on people and admit they made a good pick in Spiller, and the kid is going to be a good one.

That would mean the "Bills fans" here would actually have to act like fans of their team and not just whine and complain. Not gonna happen.

I loved Lynch but let's be honest here: he ran himself out of town. He was one strike away from a season long suspension for being an idiot off the field. I have zero problem with the Bills getting some value for him before he screwed up again.

Maybin, on the other hand, was run out of town by the fans. :devil:

Lynch was jobbed on that whole deal anyway. Plax shoots himself in a club goes to jail and gets a 3 game suspension. Lynch was not convicted of anything by the actual LAW yet the almighty Goodell thinks his actions deserved a 3 game suspension? He was sitting in a car with some friends he probably shouldn't have been hanging out in a place where he shouldn't have been hanging out and made a bad choice.

Obviously Buffalo didn't see in him what the Seahawks did. I look at the draft picks as a consolation price not a bounty to be thankful for.

Lynch was jobbed on that whole deal anyway. Plax shoots himself in a club goes to jail and gets a 3 game suspension. Lynch was not convicted of anything by the actual LAW yet the almighty Goodell thinks his actions deserved a 3 game suspension? He was sitting in a car with some friends he probably shouldn't have been hanging out in a place where he shouldn't have been hanging out and made a bad choice.

Obviously Buffalo didn't see in him what the Seahawks did. I look at the draft picks as a consolation price not a bounty to be thankful for.

You also forgot the part where he ran over a chick and left her on the street. Trust me, I know quite a bit of Lynch off the field and he was a walking time bomb. A lot of shady activities and a lot of shady people surrounding him. I like him as a player but I don't fault the Bills at all for that. Hopefully, he grew up.

But I know for a fact that Spiller is a really good guy off the field. And he has a burst Lynch never came close too. He is going to starting breaking some homerruns real soon.

Only idiots thought Spiller's career was in jeopardy. One thing the Bills are good at is finding running backs: Spiller, Jackson, Lynch, Willis.

there was an overwhelming number of members on this board who declared Spiller a bust, or useless. some people said he would be cut next year.. I think the few amount of people who have stood by that pick all this time deserve to say 'I told you so' a little bit.

Edited by CFLstyle