CJ Spiller

Zulu Cthulhu

I'm not obsessed with jamming every carry Fred gets down everyone's mouth. I'm not pissed at all. Check the date on this thread dummy.

"Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:27 AM

I love me some Freddy and always have but as the season gets longer I'm afraid that he's gonna break down. He's never carried the load for a full season so I'm hoping Gailey starts mixing in CJ a bit more. He's looked good so far so keep his confidence up and get him 10-12 touches today. "

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/137094-cj-spiller/page__p__2283442__fromsearch__1#entry2283442

:oops:

You need to make a clearer point then. So are you the guy that said "he was a luxury pick" or were you the guy that said "as the season gets longer I'm afraid that he's(Fred) gonna break down. He's never carried the load for a full season so I'm hoping Gailey starts mixing in CJ a bit more."

How about you get your thoughts straight in your head first then post? This way you will come across as much less confusing and won't seem to contradict your self.

You also forgot the part where he ran over a chick and left her on the street. Trust me, I know quite a bit of Lynch off the field and he was a walking time bomb. A lot of shady activities and a lot of shady people surrounding him. I like him as a player but I don't fault the Bills at all for that. Hopefully, he grew up.

But I know for a fact that Spiller is a really good guy off the field. And he has a burst Lynch never came close too. He is going to starting breaking some homerruns real soon.

Nope I definitely haven't forgotten because people constantly bring it up when you even mention Lynches name and his performance ON THE FIELD. Like salve for a wound they repeat his transgressions to justify running a good, weekly highlight player out of town.

That would mean the "Bills fans" here would actually have to act like fans of their team and not just whine and complain. Not gonna happen.

+100000 DrD

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to make a clearer point then. So are you the guy that said "he was a luxury pick" or were you the guy that said "as the season gets longer I'm afraid that he's(Fred) gonna break down. He's never carried the load for a full season so I'm hoping Gailey starts mixing in CJ a bit more."

How about you get your thoughts straight in your head first then post? This way you will come across as much less confusing and won't seem to contradict your self.

Spiller was a luxury pick and I'm not changing my thoughts. My thoughts on Fred wouldn't change if Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson or Shady McCoy was our RB. Rbs don't last anymore (AD went down again today) so you need to get the backup more carries. There is nothing confusing about that if you actually watch football and are not obsessed with pushing an agenda.

Whoa first thread ive started that actually has legs. Anyway, i was at the game today, spiller ran hard, ran well, and scored. I only point this out because there are no shortage of people on this board that have 100% dismissed this guy as a bust, gadget player, etc... He's not. He's a legit running back and there's at least 20 other teams in the NFL that would love him on their team.

Spiller was a luxury pick and I'm not changing my thoughts. My thoughts on Fred wouldn't change if Arian Foster, Adrian Peterson or Shady McCoy was our RB. Rbs don't last anymore (AD went down again today) so you need to get the backup more carries. There is nothing confusing about that if you actually watch football and are not obsessed with pushing an agenda.

John, I see where you are coming from. You are against the pick, but still cheer for the player. And that's fair.

But please consider that Spiller was the highest rated talent on the board, by far, when we picked. To sit in hindsight and expect the Bills to reach for need, is asking that the new administration start with a very Whitner-esque pick. I think everyone in the FO was sick of the Bills out-smarting themselves and just went with talent. For a team that was severely lacking talent, it's hard to fault them. I dont expect you to change your opinion on the pick, and I dont disagree with you either, but it's not like the FO is completely inept.

The good news is, the pick is working out as Spiller develops and we continue to fill holes in the offseason.

Edited by DrDareustein

You dont have to change your thoughts, you can just continue being wrong.

You still don't get it! How is something that you need a luxury?

You dont have to change your thoughts, you can just continue being wrong.

:thumbsup:

Edited by PDaDdy

Or fans just get excited seeing their favorite team win on Christmas Eve. This team probably wasn't as good as a 5-2 start but they weren't close to as bad as a 7 game losing streak either.

IMO and it's a small consolation, but progress was made this year.

Oh I certainly enjoyed it. Just saying don't get to high on one win. I speak from experience,this team can raise you're expectations then drop you to the basement as fast as a faulty elevator.

I'm with ya on that one except for the fact that fans helped run him out of town. Sadly his days in Buffalo were numbered before the draft even started. I honestly would have preferred to keep Marshawn and Freddie. Same deal though you have these idiots that always think it has to be one or the other and can't be happy that we have two good guys.

weird how running someone over with your car will just turn everyone right around on you...

Because you had 2 legit RBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marshawn and Fred were here!!!!!!!! Holy SH*T!!!!!!!!

I guess that Aaron Rodgers was a huge luxury pick bust since they had Favre playing at a high level for the next 3 years...

Idiots here also think Ralph Wilson meant RB's when he said "runners" when it's obvious he meant WR's with speed.

Big idiots keep repeating it as if their nasty ignorance was funnier with repetition.

Here's the actual quote:

"Listen, we're not giving money away," referring to the six-year $59 million contract extension Fitzpatrick signed in late October. "We think he's a good quarterback, and we're going to stick with him and get him some better players, get him some runners, some tight ends that don't get injured and some wide receivers and we'll be OK."

So, what you are saying is Ralph was intentionally repeating himself when he listed offensive skills positions because only an "idiot" would think his use of "runners" meant "running backs". :rolleyes:

I guess that Aaron Rodgers was a huge luxury pick bust since they had Favre playing at a high level for the next 3 years...

Yeah except the Packers were a playoff team who could afford to take a player to sit on the bench. The Bills were a talentless team in the first year of a rebuild who had not 1, but 2 legit RBs. Other than that, they are exactly the same circumstances. :thumbsup:

Edited by John Cocktosten

Yeah except the Packers were a playoff team who could afford to take a player to sit on the bench. The Bills were a talentless team in the first year of a rebuild who had not 1, but 2 legit RBs. Other than that, they are exactly the same circumstances. :thumbsup:

The win today might take the Bills out of the hunt for Richardson. :devil:

Great players are never luxury picks. For all those who said that CJ was a luxury pick, I recall Jackson and Lynch being injured in the first preseason game within 10 snaps of each other and being unavailable for game one. You never ever have enough talent at any position unless that season ends in a Super Bowl victory, and that relies on hindsight. Players get injured all the time and every SB champ has a platoon of backups that came up huge en route to the diamond rings.

Because you had 2 legit RBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Marshawn and Fred were here!!!!!!!! Holy SH*T!!!!!!!!

Fred was a 29 year old RB.....we didn't know exactly what we had or how good he could be...and Lynch was having issues off the field that effect him on the field.... I'm just saying....

That's still only 2 players. A better comparison would be if the Pack then also picked Brady Quinn in 2007.

News flash...THEY DID! They took Brohm 2 years later in the 2nd...Then also took Flynn later in same draft

Edited by Alphadawg7

Lynch can't do what CJ can do on a regular basis. Fred was approaching 30. And neither Lynch nor Fred have CJ's long speed or quickness. He was a different type RB than either of them. The Bills now have a home run threat whenever he touches the rock. It's simple. Those players are not easy to find. It's easier to find a Bulaga to play RT than a guy with Spiller's athleticism and running ability.

And obviously the Bills brass, i.e. Nix was planning for the possibility of Lynch's departure. It all makes sense now and made sense then. Bills needed dynamic, playmaking talent. They got it. No reason to complain about the pick. It's easy to look at how other players are panning out and say we should've taken player x. Player X could have been a bust. Playing ability, coaching, organization and timing all play a part in a player's success. Lynch was okay with the Bills. I liked him a lot. He's doing much better things in Seattle though. Maybin stunk with the Bills. He's serviceable in his limited role with the Jets. Drayton Florence was terrible in Jacksonville. He's made a lot of positive plays for the Bills.

Edited by purple haze

If it was up to Chan Gailey he would still be on the bench. He would be cut next year and picked up by a contender who would utilize him properly and he would go on to a successful NFL career.

Fortunately the fates intervened and forced Gailey to use him.

Gailey is awful. This is another example of his shortcomings.

Gailey has had 18 years in the NFL - yep he's awful. Guys who last more than 15 years tend to just be "lucky"