Why Bills Don't Need a Qb for This Season In Draft.

After Barkley announced he would stay for his senior season, it basically threw the QB class for the draft off. Now there are many teams who will beat us out to get Griffin if he declares and that leaves us with Landry Jones, who is a combination JP Losman and Blaine Gabbert-like intangibles. I also don't wan't someone in the 2nd-3rd round who would be a "project" like Tannehil or Lindley. The next QB class looks VERY SOLID...Now I'm not going to say "um yeah it's the best since 83" and all that non-sense, so I will tell you what I think about Fitzpatrick. I don't think he's a franchise guy by a long-shot and also don't think he can make the playoffs unless we go back in time and convince the 2000 Raven's D to play for us, but if he fails like he has for the past seven weeks we will definitely have a top 5 pick...unless we get those TO's again. I definitely know for a FACT that our offensive line is overrated, but playing better than it has the past 10 years...now I don't know who is to blame, but I have heard Pears' name alot and it can never hurt to add more. As for the wide recievers, I definitely know Blackmon or Jeffrey would be game-changers and Kendall Wright is definitely an under-valued prospect. As for the defense, where do I begin. It's atrocious and needs OLB's or DE's (If we switch to 4-3) and may need a CB. Now for my thoughts on our upcoming draft strategy. We should trade our pick...simple as that (for a late first and a second) because I see the players potentially on the board not matching up to the value of our pick. Now we draft an OLB in the first, Nick Perry in the second (like this kid after every day), and Mike Adams an LT (could be elite and very underrated). Then comes the 2013 draft, We should definitely pull the trigger on the best QB available...end of story (Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, etc.). So what do you guys think?

I want BG3 first but if not then a legit LT that they can put there and not have to worry about for ten years

Obviously they need defense we all know that but if one of the stud LT's is there they have to take him

I want BG3 first but if not then a legit LT that they can put there and not have to worry about for ten years

Obviously they need defense we all know that but if one of the stud LT's is there they have to take him

I hear Martin is inconsistent and Reiff "isn't a finished product", but I do like Mike Adams in the 2nd.

If the Bills draft well this year and avoid some injuries next season, then they will win 8 or 9 games. If they do that, then they don't draft in the top ten in 2013. How do you get a top QB prospect if you don't draft in the top ten (or five)?

You would have to gamble on a project at that point. And teams don't seem to trade up in the draft nearly as much as they used to.

If the Bills draft well this year and avoid some injuries next season, then they will win 8 or 9 games. If they do that, then they don't draft in the top ten in 2013. How do you get a top QB prospect if you don't draft in the top ten (or five)?

You would have to gamble on a project at that point. And teams don't seem to trade up in the draft nearly as much as they used to.

Aaron Murray could drop due to size and that's really the only knock on him.

After Barkley announced he would stay for his senior season, it basically threw the QB class for the draft off. Now there are many teams who will beat us out to get Griffin if he declares and that leaves us with Landry Jones, who is a combination JP Losman and Blaine Gabbert-like intangibles. I also don't wan't someone in the 2nd-3rd round who would be a "project" like Tannehil or Lindley. The next QB class looks VERY SOLID...Now I'm not going to say "um yeah it's the best since 83" and all that non-sense, so I will tell you what I think about Fitzpatrick. I don't think he's a franchise guy by a long-shot and also don't think he can make the playoffs unless we go back in time and convince the 2000 Raven's D to play for us, but if he fails like he has for the past seven weeks we will definitely have a top 5 pick...unless we get those TO's again. I definitely know for a FACT that our offensive line is overrated, but playing better than it has the past 10 years...now I don't know who is to blame, but I have heard Pears' name alot and it can never hurt to add more. As for the wide recievers, I definitely know Blackmon or Jeffrey would be game-changers and Kendall Wright is definitely an under-valued prospect. As for the defense, where do I begin. It's atrocious and needs OLB's or DE's (If we switch to 4-3) and may need a CB. Now for my thoughts on our upcoming draft strategy. We should trade our pick...simple as that (for a late first and a second) because I see the players potentially on the board not matching up to the value of our pick. Now we draft an OLB in the first, Nick Perry in the second (like this kid after every day), and Mike Adams an LT (could be elite and very underrated). Then comes the 2013 draft, We should definitely pull the trigger on the best QB available...end of story (Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, etc.). So what do you guys think?

110% agree...

I just love barkley.. think he wil be better than luck.. luck checks down WAY too much.. barkley hits his WR's not his RB's and doesnt have the running game than luck did nor the defense. This kills our chances at a top 3 QB this yr cuz obviously Luck is going #1 pretty obviously and now with barkley out of draft, RG3 will be a top 5 pick even though he probably would have been anyway and landry jones is not worth a top 10 pick where we will be drafting... this is the worst possible thing that could have happened to us.. we really needed a premier QB prospect and i see us losing out and would have had at shot t barkley or rg3 depending on who teams take ahead of us. i think we now should trade down and pull a bellicheck and add extra picks cuz of our numerous needs.. in we can move down 5 picks or so and and another 2nd or 3rd i think this would do us more than anything. knowing Buddy he will be taking a nap and not being able to seing a deal.. id love to see blackmon....

Over a desparately needed pass-rushing edge-setting OLB?

DE or OLB is the biggest need. Left Tackle what ? They need to go into free agency and sign a couple wide receivers and keep Stevie Johnson. If they would have had quality starters not named Donald Jones as your two with depth at wide out instead of Brad Smith, CJ Spiller, Revelle Martin, Naaman Roosevelt, Derek Hagan and then we blame Fitz for deflected interceptions. Hey guys these guys aren't NFL receivers there is no seperation, Nelson's yards after catch for entire season ? 25 maybe.

I sadly agree.

I'm one that REALLY wanted us to draft a quarterback.

But without Matt Barkley (and there is still a chance that Robert Griffin III and Landry Jones decide to stay in school), the quality of prospects goes down significantly.

We will probably have a shot at Landry Jones. He has lots of physical talent, but will be a real project for someone. Very high bust potential.

DE or OLB is the biggest need. Left Tackle what ? They need to go into free agency and sign a couple wide receivers and keep Stevie Johnson. If they would have had quality starters not named Donald Jones as your two with depth at wide out instead of Brad Smith, CJ Spiller, Revelle Martin, Naaman Roosevelt, Derek Hagan and then we blame Fitz for deflected interceptions. Hey guys these guys aren't NFL receivers there is no seperation, Nelson's yards after catch for entire season ? 25 maybe.

David Nelson = Josh Reed . Nice player but not getting you to the big dance. If Nelson would add 25 lbs, get strong and check his "i'm a wide receiver" ego at the door he could be a Jimmy Graham all-world tight end. But not happening.

This is a good post. Everyone is pooping on Fitz when he is throwing to some kid who went to St Joes, a converted running back and a bunch of practice squad guys like Ruvell Martin and Derek Hagan and some guy named Lee Smith (wasn't he a baseball pitcher?)....

David Nelson = Josh Reed . Nice player but not getting you to the big dance. If Nelson would add 25 lbs, get strong and check his "i'm a wide receiver" ego at the door he could be a Jimmy Graham all-world tight end. But not happening.

This is a good post. Everyone is pooping on Fitz when he is throwing to some kid who went to St Joes, a converted running back and a bunch of practice squad guys like Ruvell Martin and Derek Hagan and some guy named Lee Smith (wasn't he a baseball pitcher?)....

....and a very good one. http://www.google.com/imgres?q=lee+smith+baseball+hall+fame&hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1972&bih=1201&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnsuo&tbnid=Wu6Ii4aqzlSbmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.faniq.com/blog/Baseball-Hall-of-Fame-Case-Lee-Smith-Blog-5425&docid=-LGAbZYrDhLh5M&imgurl=http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/lee-smith.jpg&w=275&h=235&ei=9pX0TvK1CaXV0QHw6ezQDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=211&vpy=171&dur=688&hovh=188&hovw=220&tx=90&ty=82&sig=105619949354845780069&page=1&tbnh=172&tbnw=201&start=0&ndsp=56&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0

Don't forget the "runners" that Ralph is going to get for us

Yes, they really do need a fast WR, which is what he meant.

I'd take that over OT any day, assuming the right QB isn't there and it's too early for the best OLB.

Perfect might be trading down for the right OLB, though that's not Nix's style.

Our OL is overrated besides Urbik, Wood, and Levitre.

Draft a qb in the first IF you think he can be THE man. Always. Personally, I don't think there's any qbs worthy of being drafted in the 1st except Luck and rg3. Now people are saying rg3 is going to stay in school. We'll see how it works out, but at this point, we should take bpa WR, LT, pass rusher (any position if he's great at getting sacks), CB. I'd love to land luck or rg3, but I doubt it happens unless we trade up.