Who Are Your Top 5 Candidates For Head Coach

Hater

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If The Bills decide to fire Chan Gailey Who would you want to replace him here is My Top 5

Bill Cowher

Jon Gruden

Herman Edwards

Jeff Fisher

Brain Bilicek

they all are reach but a person can dream

These are mine right now (I see Cowher and Gruden as no shots what-so-ever)...

Jeff Fisher

Eric Mangini - 2 reasons: Bill Parcells recently turned down Penn State coaching job then told them to hire Mangini, also I think that if Bill Belichick ever leaves the Pats would hire Mangini as their HC in a second if available

Rob Ryan

Tom Coughlin - If fired of course

Brian Billick

Tough choice between Mangini and Ryan.

Edited by 1billsfan

Herm Edwards?? A nitemare! Are you joking?

Fisher is the guy.

I like Herman Edwards he has passion & fire, he had 3 winning seasons in his 5 years with the Jets, he made the playoffs in all 3 of those season & his QB were Vinny Testaverde & Chad Pennington, both of them make Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana

I like Herman Edwards he has passion & fire, he had 3 winning seasons in his 5 years with the Jets, he made the playoffs in all 3 of those season & his QB were Vinny Testaverde & Chad Pennington, both of them make Fitzpatrick look like Joe Montana

Clearly you missed Edwards time at Kansas City I highly doubt he will ever be considered for a head coaching position again after that debacle...Mrs Edwards

Afterall he went 15-33 in his 3 years. Plus with the Jets he NEVER won a playoff game! :sick:

Edited by Fear the Beard

If The Bills decide to fire Chan Gailey Who would you want to replace him here is My Top 5

Bill Cowher

Jon Gruden

Jeff Fisher

Brain Bilicek

they all are reach but a person can dream

Marty S, he actually is one of the very few who wanted the Buffalo Bills HCing job....badly, according to ESPN

Plus, Marty S is also noted for taking bad teams (like Buffalo) and turning them into winners in a short time.

Or if you prefer...A proven NFL offensive mind

Joe Philbin currently OC of the GB Packers-------

""In his four seasons at the offensive helm, Philbin has directed both a productive and sound unit. The team's 1,703 points from 2007-10 were the most in franchise history over a four-year period, while the 83 turnovers were the fewest in a four-year span. The Packers' 83 giveaways since '07 rank No. 1 in the NFC and No. 2 in the NFL behind only New England.

League-wide, the offense has ranked in the top 10 in total yards and total points each year, one of only two teams in the league (New England) to accomplish that feat during that period. Green Bay's point total is fourth in the league over that span, trailing only New England (1,944), San Diego (1,746) and New Orleans (1,736).""

These are mine right now (I see Cowher and Gruden as no shots what-so-ever)...

Jeff Fisher

Eric Mangini - 2 reasons: Bill Parcells recently turned down Penn State coaching job then told them to hire Mangini, also I think that if Bill Belichick ever leaves the Pats would hire Mangini as their HC in a second if available

Rob Ryan

Tom Coughlin - If fired of course

Brian Billick

Tough choice between Mangini and Ryan.

Parcells also hired Sparano to be head coach of the Dolphins...how did that work out

Mangini didnt show me anything as a head coach

Brian Billick, are you kidding me? why would you want a guy who is supposed to be an offensive genius that was never able to develop an offense in his only head coaching job? please dont give me bc he won a super bowl

Marty S, he actually is one of the very few who wanted the Buffalo Bills HCing job....badly, according to ESPN

Plus, Marty S is also noted for taking bad teams (like Buffalo) and turning them into winners in a short time.

was and continues to be my first choice

how many head coaches have taken 3 different teams to the playoffs?

i dont care about his playoff record, he would turn the Bills around fairly quickly and into the type of team we all want

Edited by Max997

Why would anyone want to come here if we fire our fourth coach in the past ten years?

Why would Cowher want the job more now when SD and Miami are likely to be open?

Why would anyone spurned in the last hiring process want to take the job now?

Why do we want to give up on Gailey when it's clear that he can do the job when he has something to work with?

Nick Mendola pointed out that the offense has seen a greater single season improvement in points scored than at any point in the past decade. That's Gailey, working with next to nothing over the second half of the season. The first solution here is to hire a reputable DC, who may already be in house. Then they have to add A LOT of talent at the LB positions, re-stock the CBs, get some more WRs, and look for some quality depth with starting promise at OL.

George Edwards is an incredible failure, and Fitz is lost this second half of the season, but I haven't seen enough to say that it's time to give up on the current strategy. This team was starting from rock-bottom with Nix and Gailey, and I know it sucks, but we are only near the end of year 2. Year 3 should give us the evidence as to whether they are turning the corner or just treading water.

Why do we want to give up on Gailey when it's clear that he can do the job when he has something to work with?

On the contrary!! No, he can't.... he still had Fred Jackson and Eric Wood when the losing started.

The Bills lost to Cincy IN WEEK 4, and the Bengal defense showed the rest of the NFL defenses how to exploit and shut down Buffalo's offense.

The offense has gone into the toilet the last 7 games and Gailey simply hasn't found a way to climb out of it. What really bothers me is when the running game is working, he just stops using it. Hellbent on throwing because the team is down by 7 pts.

Swept this year by the Jets and Dolphins, and the final nail in the coffin should come against New England :bag: sorry 5-11 isn't good enough....not when the known moron Dick jauron did better with just as many injuries.

On the contrary!! No, he can't.... he still had Fred Jackson and Eric Wood when the losing started.

The Bills lost to Cincy IN WEEK 4, and the Bengal defense showed the rest of the NFL defenses how to exploit and shut down Buffalo's offense.

The offense has gone into the toilet the last 7 games and Gailey simply hasn't found a way to climb out of it. What really bothers me is when the running game is working, he just stops using it. Hellbent on throwing because the team is down by 7 pts.

Swept this year by the Jets and Dolphins, and the final nail in the coffin should come against New England :bag: sorry 5-11 isn't good enough....not when the known moron Dick jauron did better with just as many injuries.

Sorry, man. Dick Jauron did not do better on offense. Ever. We got more wins, but I saw nothing better in that era, except that we might have had more than one NFL caliber receiver on the field at the time.

Gailey hasn't found a way out of it because the defense is almost immediately putting the offense in a hole in every game. The run game is doing well, but Fitzpatrick isn't. As he goes, the team goes. Gailey cannot throw the ball for Fitzy. His FO has not put a better QB on the roster, so we live and die with Fitz. I agree that Gailey has abandoned the run too quickly and will need to go back to school this winter to learn from what defenses are throwing at him.

I simply refuse to believe that many coaches would be doing better with the current roster and situation. I think a reputable DC would do marginally better with the defense, but there is still a need for talent in all the areas I outlined. Just because the losing streak started while we had those two players doesn't mean that it was magically going to get better, without the guy who calls the protections and the offense's most talented playmaker. If you like 5-11, get ready for a new head coach because he's going to be bringing more of the same unless the front office gives him something to work with.