best experience ever at game (Even though we lost)

brenty

So me and my friend were sitting right by mrs. wilson (george willson's mom). She got us vip entrance to meet the players. Even after a loss like that they still had their heads up, kinda nice to see even if our season is over. But heard some interesting things. Aaron williams father was talking about the vanilla defense with us(also said his son will be back next week), and he believes they will fire george edwards. Heard a couple of players say after that block punt/ pick 6 changed their whole momentum was shot. Darreus said his hand is fine, he had it all wrapped up with ice and all. Said he was fine. Fitz looked miserable. He was talking to his brother and just looked like someone punched him in the gut. George wilson is on hell of a guy. and stevie johnson has some fun family members. I told him to keep dancing and to have fun. i dont care if you like that part but i thought he played great when he was having fun and not caring what people thought. Its a touch down, though his uncle (i believe) said he told him to stop dancing because he would get fined and he wanted a boat. Anyways thought i would share, Go bills and Go Bills some more

^

all good - wish i coulda been there too

i got no problems with stevie or his antics - beyond the injuries & lack of depth, i don't know quite what happened to the bills after a fine start, but pretty sure chan & co. will get it fixed next season...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win" - Chan Gailey

Edited by The Senator

So me and my friend were sitting right by mrs. wilson (george willson's mom). She got us vip entrance to meet the players. Even after a loss like that they still had their heads up, kinda nice to see even if our season is over. But heard some interesting things. Aaron williams father was talking about the vanilla defense with us(also said his son will be back next week), and he believes they will fire george edwards. Heard a couple of players say after that block punt/ pick 6 changed their whole momentum was shot. Darreus said his hand is fine, he had it all wrapped up with ice and all. Said he was fine. Fitz looked miserable. He was talking to his brother and just looked like someone punched him in the gut. George wilson is on hell of a guy. and stevie johnson has some fun family members. I told him to keep dancing and to have fun. i dont care if you like that part but i thought he played great when he was having fun and not caring what people thought. Its a touch down, though his uncle (i believe) said he told him to stop dancing because he would get fined and he wanted a boat. Anyways thought i would share, Go bills and Go Bills some more

I'm not sure that I like that. They should be embarassed, pissed off, you name it, yesterday they should have been hanging their heads.

Just wanted to share what was the highlight of the San Diego game, the San Diego Bills Backers Tailgate. What a great time. Had over 1400 in attendance at the main event not including Bills fans tailgating on their own in the parking lot. I don't think I am exaggerating to say 20% to 25% percent of those in attendance were Bills fans. My hat is off to the organizers of this event. Thank you so much for all your work. It was a great time.. :thumbsup:

post-12739-032094800 1323707931_thumb.jpg

Just wanted to share what was the highlight of the San Diego game, the San Diego Bills Backers Tailgate. What a great time. Had over 1400 in attendance at the main event not including Bills fans tailgating on their own in the parking lot. I don't think I am exaggerating to say 20% to 25% percent of those in attendance were Bills fans. My hat is off to the organizers of this event. Thank you so much for all your work. It was a great time.. :thumbsup:

If only the players cared as much.

I would say that the Bills fans were closer to 30-40% of the crowd yesterday.

The Bills fans handle themselves with class in the lot and in the stadium

It was a great tailgate. The game was an utter embarrassment.

Probably worse that the last time we were here and lost 48-10 because that Chargers team was Really Good. This Chargers edition isnt even close.

You people deserve better than this.

The support the Bills receive from coast to coast is unreal especially when you consider

how god awful the product has been for 12 years.

One of the days the worm will turn in our favor. It has to- doesnt it?

A big thanks goes out to the SDBBC for a tailgate weekend that was simply fabulous. Starting with a Friday night Pub Crawl through Pacific Beach, a huge pregame party in the Gaslamp hosted by Andre Reed, and then a tailgate of all tailgates on Sunday for 1,300 Bills fans on the practice filed of the Chargers. Tailgate food was excellent, plenty of activities, and a great job by the DJ. This club is the "King" of all clubs in planning and working a unbelievable tailgate. THANKS AGAIN to the organizing committee of the SDBBC.

^

all good - wish i coulda been there too

i got no problems with stevie or his antics - beyond the injuries & lack of depth, i don't know quite what happened to the bills after a fine start, but pretty sure chan & co. will get it fixed next season...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win" - Chan Gailey

Yeah, they'll fix it...NEXT YEAR!

I thought they were suppose to fix it this year, from what it was last year?

Edited by kidprison

Yeah, they'll fix it...NEXT YEAR!

I thought they were suppose to fix it this year, from what it was last year?

When healthy, you can't compare the two. This season our team looked competitive early--then our weak depth started to show. I look forward to seeing what Nix does in the draft this year. Generally I have agreed with his drafting. I put Maybin on Jauron. Two exceptions to Nix's: Troup and Spiller. Troup was a pick based on need that just did not work out. I still have hope for Spiller. I want to see him in with McIntyre more. Screw this spread crap. It's nice to have it in your arsenal--but we play it all the damn time. When healthy I don't believe there is a better interior line than the one we have--Levitre, Wood, & Urbik. McIntyre is a beast--why not do a traditional I more on short yardage instead of a spread pass or spread trickery runs?

Baffling.

I'm not sure that I like that. They should be embarassed, pissed off, you name it, yesterday they should have been hanging their heads.

I understand your feelings Beerball but I think players have to firewall their emotions at times.

If you were a cop and just got finished with a shift where you had to witness a crime scene with two people killed "assassination style," you still have an obligation to your family to not let it ruin Thanksgiving Dinner.

My example is a bit extreme but it's still only a football game in a profession where one team wins and one loses… and they still had plans to meet and socialize with family after the game.

I would hope the loss was disturbing and distressful to the team and I would also hope that they have the strength of character to deal with it appropriately.

This stuff needs to be kept in perspective.

I was in San Diego when the Bills whooped up on the eagles and watched the game with the Bills backers in PB Ale House. They were a great hosts. I'm sure they had a great time celebrating the Bills visiting San Diego, at least till the game started.

Agreed, the tailgate was awesome -- and incredibly well organized. There were supposedly 1400 people there (and it seemed like it) and there were essentially almost no lines for the food and drinks, and plenty of seating. Plus, I finally got to meet Aussie, Pinto Kenny, and Pancho Billa. How great is that?

And I'd estimate the percentage of Bills fans at around 25-30%. It was impressive.

I thought the highlights were all of the closeups of the cheerleaders... But the tailgate was probably a close second. ;)

highlight #1: the ruddy-faced bills fan in front of me booting his girlfriend in the face while drunkenly wrestling some other mouth-breather in a dareus jersey.

highlight #2: an old-ass bills fan pelting another clueless bills fan with popcorn as she rallied us to "get loud" when the bills had third and short situations.

highlight #3: the bison chip dip at the tailgate.

Edited by Dirtbag

I was pretty blown away by the HUGE representation Bills fans from Buffalo to California brought out yesterday at Qualcomm Stadium.

There were Bills fans EVERYWHERE in San Diego from the city to the beach to parking lot tailgate at Qualcomm. Everyone was cool and well behaved from what I saw too. The tailgate that is usually so-so in San Diego was taken up a notch with Buffalo fans occupying at least 40% of the crowd.

Yes-A team that has been run into the ground over and over again for not one year, or five years but twelve looooong years and counting had made up 40% of the fans at the game. Most fan bases would have checked out 10 years ago...But not loyal Bills fans. You deserve better than this. You deserve a winner for your support. The game SUCKED-but hopefully you had fun in San Diego...Good thing the game was on Sunday too-It is 47' and cold rain here today!

Edited by BuffaloWest

I was pretty blown away by the HUGE representation Bills fans from Buffalo to California brought out yesterday at Qualcomm Stadium.

There were Bills fans EVERYWHERE in San Diego from the city to the beach to parking lot tailgate at Qualcomm. Everyone was cool and well behaved from what I saw too. The tailgate that is usually so-so in San Diego was taken up a notch with Buffalo fans occupying at least 40% of the crowd.

Yes-A team that has been run into the ground over and over again for not one year, or five years but twelve looooong years and counting had made up 40% of the fans at the game. Most fan bases would have checked out 10 years ago...But not loyal Bills fans. You deserve better than this. You deserve a winner for your support. The game SUCKED-but hopefully you had fun in San Diego...Good thing the game was on Sunday too-It is 47' and cold rain here today!

Agree !!! I was there. Bad game - great showing of Bills fans !!!!!!!!!!

It was an awesome showing, I agree. But then again, my hypothesis is that most out-of-towners needed to make ticket and travel arrangements well in advance, at a time when the Bills actually looked like an NFL team. I know I made my arrangements back around the time of our last win some six or seven weeks ago. Would I have still traveled and gone to the game if the Bills stunk back then like they do now? Hard to say. I'm sure many would not have.

On the less pessimistic side, Bills fans are the most dedicated and unashamed fans out there, so I bet it still would have been a decent showing regardless -- just maybe not quite as impressive.

I thought the highlights were all of the closeups of the cheerleaders... But the tailgate was probably a close second. ;)

Criminy...you were there too and we didn't get to meet? That sucks.

I understand your feelings Beerball but I think players have to firewall their emotions at times.

If you were a cop and just got finished with a shift where you had to witness a crime scene with two people killed "assassination style," you still have an obligation to your family to not let it ruin Thanksgiving Dinner.

My example is a bit extreme but it's still only a football game in a profession where one team wins and one loses… and they still had plans to meet and socialize with family after the game.

I would hope the loss was disturbing and distressful to the team and I would also hope that they have the strength of character to deal with it appropriately.

This stuff needs to be kept in perspective.

agreed. I remember last year when we started off 0-8. I loved how the players fought till they died and still was able to keep their heads up around family or around the city. I think someone posted about eagle fans yelling at matthews' family and made his fiance cry. That will make your team walk around with their heads down. We cant do that as fans, no matter how bad a player is or had that day, we shouldnt rip them apart. I.E. Mckelvin. Told him after the game that he played great and keep fighting. I dont give a **** if he wasnt great or not, im there for my team thick and thin. (even if its been thick for 11 years)

Food was made in Andre Reed's Over The Middle All Purpose Sauce... Pick up a Bottle at WNY Wegmans, TOPS, or Dash's Markets. For a complete list of stores or to purchase online visit www.andrereedotm.com!!! He is holding a special to get a signed bottle with your purchase from now until Christmas. Also can get his limited edition Charity bands. Proceeds from sale of both of these items go to the Kids Escaping Drugs Campaign!!!

I think every player has the right to separate their occupational life from everything else. We all do.

In other words, whatever happens after that final whistle sounds is their business.

Edited by SageAgainstTheMachine