The bills have the worst defense I have ever seen

berndogg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, and I watch an unhealthy amount of football and have for a long time, but I really can't think of a worse one ever. It really blows my mind.

Particularly early. We get in a 17/21/28 point hole, and it puts too much pressure on the offense, which is bad enough right now without having to throw on every down.

I say put the defense and offense in the junk heap. Id keep Dareus, Spiller, Sheppard, Wilson, Nelson, Florence, McGee, Jackson, Chandler, Moats, Byrd, Barnett, Urbik, K. Williams, Levitre, McIntyre, Parrish, Stevie Johnson but not a #1. Maybe I forgot a few more but the rest to the heap. Another garbage gameplan, another emabarrassing loss.

Edited by Smears

The Bills defense outscored the Bills offense. That is all.

Oh, the offense is pathetic too, don't get me wrong, but I've seen worse. Unfortunately I've seen worse bills offenses pretty recently. It's funny that you bring up that defensive td. I mean the only way this defense can make an impact is if the qb, untouched, drops the ball in his own endzone by accident. The play that really sticks out for me today (and there were many) was spencer johnson trying to keep contain as an olb while matthews got a big run on a pitch on third and one. I mean, we have a relatively immobile DT playing outside linebacker, its just unfathomable, there must be street free agents who could do better, I mean wow.

Oh, the offense is pathetic too, don't get me wrong, but I've seen worse. Unfortunately I've seen worse bills offenses pretty recently. It's funny that you bring up that defensive td. I mean the only way this defense can make an impact is if the qb, untouched, drops the ball in his own endzone by accident. The play that really sticks out for me today (and there were many) was spencer johnson trying to keep contain as an olb while matthews got a big run on a pitch on third and one. I mean, we have a relatively immobile DT playing outside linebacker, its just unfathomable, there must be street free agents who could do better, I mean wow.

Next week will tell a lot if they have any clue going foward. Spencer isnt your future at OLB, why not activate Coleman and see what he can do, it cant be any worse.

Whats amazing is you can beat us any way you want. We cant stop the run, cover the TE or receivers.

Yea, I was thinking about that because I have antonio gates in fantasy and was playing against ryan matthews. If a coach just decided for whatever reason that his goal was to win the game and have a particular rb, wr, or TE on his team to be the #1 fantasy player in the league for the week, he could do it with any player on his offense that he chose. Every single aspect of this defense (stopping the inside run, stopping the outside run, pass rush, deep pass coverage, intermediate pass coverage) is a glaring weakness. Just mind boggling. Alright, I'm done venting, I just had to get that off my chest, this is really bothering me.

Amen Brother. In was b*tching about the Jets game. No pressure at all on Sanchez. None. Didn't see any on Rivers at all either. Don't know if any sacks b/c I didnt watch full game ... very little pressure if any though. I say draft high and early on the best Defensive players available. We have a decent enough offense. Buffalo needs to build a dominant defense.

I gotta say, I have NOT seen worse Bills defenses lately. Basically teams are being allowed to score TD's until they get bored. I mean twenty TD's in a row in the redzone? That is some crazy sh*t streak they were on.

What has happened is that the Bills traded an untalented defense with a technically sound 4-3 scheme that got slowly ground to death every week under Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell....for........an utter mess.

It doesn't matter if you have 1,000 pounds of beef in your front 3 if your two OLB's are useless. Teams just toy with Spencer Johnson and Kelsay.

In fact, not being able to get any pass rush at all from 2 of those 3 DL makes this defense completely toothless. The secondary is still the strength of this defense yet clueless fans out there still think that the completed passes are the result of poor coverage. Unfortunately, Ralph does too! That's why this D is garbage.

Edited by Dick Drawn

Possibly the worst defensive team they have EVER had.

But lately I seem to say that every year.

The lack of pass rush is awful.

I believe there is some talent there, so I blame Edwards.

this. there IS talent but it's overshadowed by the inept Edwards and the guys who suck REALLY suck.

im soooooo tired of rebuilding and re-rebuilding and so on. i know teams cant completely rebuild in 3 years, but shouldnt we see some progress? REAL progress?

Possibly the worst defensive team they have EVER had.

But lately I seem to say that every year.

The lack of pass rush is awful.

I believe there is some talent there, so I blame Edwards.

Right on. The defense is bad but there is no synergy created by Edwards scheme and gameplanning. The defense needs to be greater than the sum of it's parts and as bad as it is, the parts don't even add up to THIS bad.