Chan talking himself out of a job?

Paulfw

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say keep him. He hasn't had the same level of talent here that he had in Dallas or Pittsburgh.

Speaking of Dallas, I could see Jeff Fischer becoming the Cowboy's next head coach and Gailey returning to Dallas as his offensive coordinator.

Would Eric Mangini be a viable option for us? His TV gig probably has loosened him up a bit. Before you laugh, I think he'd stand a very good chance at being hired as the Pats' head coach when Belichick eventually steps down...and what would the media say? "Brilliant move! He's following Belichick's career path!"

Mangini's personality is very bland, but the guy knows 3-4 defense, he knows our AFC East rivals inside and out, and maybe he'd hire Todd Haley as his OC to balance out the blandness factor...LOL

Edited by 1billsfan

I like Chan. He answers questions like a man. He is a football junkie. His team was at least more fun to watch than Jaurons.

But it's hard to say he hasn't lost the team. We knew this was a rebuilding process but he keeps bring him "his guys" and Georgia Tech cast-offs because his offense is so complicated to learn. It doesn't seem so difficult to me... Dink and dunk. Throw short on 3rd and long. Throw long and 3rd and short. Defense is a disaster. Buddy and Chan aren't the guys to build a super bowl winner. Get a Mike Tomlin tough guy in here.

The bolded part cracked me up! Totally agree, although I might give Chan one more year assuming Edwards is kicked to the curb.

I get a kick out of the Gailey apologists because he is likeable and grandfatherly.

First off, who said he would make a good OC, but not a good HC? The Man was fired in his college job at GT! Gailey was fired after one year as OC in KC because his offense didn't win games after going 2-14.

The man had 2 years to build an O line, he didn't and the result is lack of protection for the QB. That QB "turd" as someone pointed out, is the sole reason as to why gailey even won 9 games. Don't forget that Gailey groomed Trent Edwards to start after Edwards won the job over Fitz in preseason.

The defense was bad under Jauron and his Tampa 2, its even worse under Gailey. In fact, it set an historical record of being the worst run defense in the 50 year history of the Buffalo Bills franchise in 2010!

won 4 games last season 4-12

won 5 games this season 5-9

3 words...worse then Jauron! Don't forget the 08 season where Jauron got an extension, Jauron won his first 5 out of 6 and then had an epic collapse with Trent Edwards at QB,Jauron still managed 7-9

Edited by Fear the Beard

Chan's just a straight shooter & because he's running the show he doesn't & won't back away from his responsibilities , & he's not afraid to take the blame which is a lot better than what some other coaches do (can U say DJ)

But i think one more decent draft & we won't have to here how the coach isn't doing his job & will here more about how his players are playing with the confidence you need to win in the NFL !!!

49ers look ok with their new coaching staff...

Ya but they had the talent & depth in place & haven't had half the injuries we have in key positions !! In the last game the Bills have 15 players on IR & of those 15 at least 7 or more that were or would have been starters are on that list & all in pretty key positions .

I think if we would have stayed healthy all the way around we would have at least have been a wild card team this year although not making the play offs !!

I get a kick out of the Gailey apologists because he is likeable and grandfatherly.

First off, who said he would make a good OC, but not a good HC? The Man was fired in his college job at GT! Gailey was fired after one year as OC in KC because his offense didn't win games after going 2-14.

The man had 2 years to build an O line, he didn't and the result is lack of protection for the QB. That QB "turd" as someone pointed out, is the sole reason as to why gailey even won 9 games. Don't forget that Gailey groomed Trent Edwards to start after Edwards won the job over Fitz in preseason.

The defense was bad under Jauron and his Tampa 2, its even worse under Gailey. In fact, it set an historical record of being the worst run defense in the 50 year history of the Buffalo Bills franchise in 2010!

won 4 games last season 4-12

won 5 games this season 5-9

3 words...worse then Jauron! Don't forget the 08 season where Jauron got an extension, Jauron won his first 5 out of 6 and then had an epic collapse with Trent Edwards at QB,Jauron still managed 7-9

Well, if having been fired from previous coaching jobs was a reason not to hire HCs, then a TON of NFL coaches would never have jobs.

By what criteria does the OLine suck this year?

And Edwards far and away outplayed Fitz in camp in 2010. Hell, Fitz performed worse in camp than anybody last year.

Other than that, I can't argue with anything else in your post.

GO BILLS!!!

Just remember Chan did not pick or decide most of the players on the team, although i am sure this last draft had his hand in it. He is coaching like his focus is to rebuild. They have put the rookies on the field and got em some work. Mr.Dareus of course and then came Shepp, A. Williams and even Searcy.

The fact we staffed the way we did (very little Fa pickup) Love ya Nick!.. means we are still feeling out what we got in the stable. Not ready to bet yet, and not ready to full out run. Give him some time. Bring in another draft of players based on decent decisions. This past year really was not half bad considering returning value of our picks. Heck even Rogers on returns has a little write up recently!

go bills!