Would you sign DeSean Jackson?

dayman

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY! He's a headcase. He quit on his team in a contract year. I would be afraid he would pull an Albert Haynsworth after he gets paid the big contract. He might be alright when things are going good, but what happens when the chips are down and the team is struggling? I don't like his character and the possibility of him being a cancer diva WR.

We already have one selfish diva WR in the making. Don't need another one.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

We would be awesome w/ DeSean IMO. I give him a complete pass for this year the Eagles screw him hard. The only thing that would give me pause is thinking about if Fitz could hit him deep (and I mean DEEP).

how exactly did the eagles screw him?

he is broke and owes rosenhaus a ton of money then quit on the team so how do you think he is going to act once he gets paid?

no thanks

Edited by Max997

NO WAY! He's a headcase. He quit on his team in a contract year. I would be afraid he would pull an Albert Haynsworth after he gets paid the big contract. He might be alright when things are going good, but what happens when the chips are down and the team is struggling? I don't like his character and the possibility of him being a cancer diva WR.

If anyone in the history of the league has good cause to be a diva it's DeSean this year. He quite on Eagles b/c the Eagles quite on him. When you play football you expect to be taken care of. I cannot sit here and say the guy is some sort of lock to be a great worker if he's paid but I basically wouldn't go over the middle or do anything that would risk getting me another concussion if I was him. And if someone in the locker room came up to me and told me to go harder (someone making/made way more than me who is no where near as good as me) I would tell him to mind his own damn business. Dude could be DONE w/ one more huge hit he's one of the smallest guys in the league. He's worth 8/9M a year easy and he's making 600K. He'll have made a total of 3M after this year is done, half of which goes to taxes. Let's be real a lot of that is probably gone even if it isn't that won't last a lifetime. He probably has no other skill set. His life is over if he gets hurt. He's small as hell. The Eagles didn't take care of him, they didn't pay what they HAVE to if they want him to go hard and risk his career and then they all look at him like he's a cancer b/c he has to make sure he enough money to live off? Please. Eagles are scum. They paid EVERYONE but him. He has been their best player for some time.

Edited by dayman

If anyone in the history of the league has good cause to be a diva it's DeSean this year. He quite on Eagles b/c the Eagles quite on him. When you play football you expect to be taken care of. I cannot sit here and say the guy is some sort of lock to be a great worker if he's paid but I basically wouldn't go over the middle or do anything that would risk getting me another concussion if I was him. And if someone in the locker room came up to me and told me to go harder (someone making/made way more than me who is no where near as good as me) I would tell him to mind his own damn business. Dude could be DONE w/ one more huge hit he's one of the smallest guys in the league. He's worth 8/9M a year easy and he's making 600K. He'll have made a total of 3M after this year is done, half of which goes to taxes. Let's be real a lot of that is probably gone even if it isn't that won't last a lifetime. He probably has no other skill set. His life is over if he gets hurt. He's small as hell. The Eagles didn't take care of him, they didn't pay what they HAVE to if they want him to go hard and risk his career and then they all look at him like he's a cancer b/c he has to make sure he enough money to live off? Please. Eagles are scum. They paid EVERYONE but him. He has been their best player for some time.

He signed a contract that will pay him 600k this year, yes?

A lot of your reasoning here are good reasons for the Bills not to pursue him.

That is the NFL of today. Fred Jackson is signed for this year and next, but he has been talking contract all season. The only difference is, Fred Jackson might be upset about his contract but he showed up to play and kept it separate from his on the field production. DeSean Jackson has let it affect his play all year, and has not given it his all on the field as witnesses last night.

A rookie contract. It's not like any contract you've ever signed. Very little ability to bargain. If it was his second contract I may be more in line with you but you have to understand how the NFL works.

Give this guy a high yearly salary w/ a little guaranteed money as you can get away with, tell him you love him and he's great and come be a star and that we'll cut him when he is no longer worth his yearly salary. He's secure. He can be way beyond secure if he stays good. New environment.

how exactly did the eagles screw him?

he is broke and owes rosenhaus a ton of money then quit on the team so how do you think he is going to act once he gets paid?

no thanks

Quit on his team? he is playing like the amount of money he is making. he didn't want to end up like fred or worse with a knee injury how can you expect him to play hard when he has to think about all of the ppl he will have to pay back and can not afford to get hurt bc he is the kind of guy where his knee goes his game is gone. he should have been paid they paid to bring in new talent when they had a team that could have gone all the way prior to the signings, they should have showed commitment if they wanted him to be committed. saying all that i would not sign DeSean we need a big guy possession to go out side of nelson. Justin Blackmon like. fitz can under throw him, he will go get it.

That is the NFL of today. Fred Jackson is signed for this year and next, but he has been talking contract all season. The only difference is, Fred Jackson might be upset about his contract but he showed up to play and kept it separate from his on the field production. DeSean Jackson has let it affect his play all year, and has not given it his all on the field as witnesses last night.

And let's be real about that too. Fred Jackson's situation is NO WHERE NEAR the level of **** you that DeSean Jackson's is. Fred has made some solid money (he makes more a year than DeSean's after tax contract is worth total) AND Fred is NOT on a rookie contract.

Edited by dayman

I see. So teams pay one rate for players who "go hard" every play and a lower rate for players who don't. Is this something players declare before they sign? How exactly is it determined who gets the higher rate for playing hard and who gets less for not?

Every player on every team risks his career on every play.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

And let's be real about that too. Fred Jackson's situation is NO WHERE NEAR the level of **** you that DeSean Jackson's is. Fred has made some solid money (he makes more a year than DeSean's after tax contract is worth total) AND Fred is NOT on a rookie contract.

Yes. The Fred Jackson comparison is not a good one.

Off the top of my head, it would be a lot closer to compare DeSean's situation with Chris Johnson's.

Pros and cons, THAT becomes an interesting conversation.

elaboration: Two skill position guys who are small for their positions who may have shorter careers and are at the end of their rookie contracts.

Quit on his team? he is playing like the amount of money he is making. he didn't want to end up like fred or worse with a knee injury how can you expect him to play hard when he has to think about all of the ppl he will have to pay back and can not afford to get hurt bc he is the kind of guy where his knee goes his game is gone. he should have been paid they paid to bring in new talent when they had a team that could have gone all the way prior to the signings, they should have showed commitment if they wanted him to be committed. saying all that i would not sign DeSean we need a big guy possession to go out side of nelson. Justin Blackmon like. fitz can under throw him, he will go get it.

Like I heard on the radio this morning, if he was still holding out the team would understand he was taking care of business even though it hurts the team. If you come into work, you better come into work, that is why he sits alone on the bench like he has a virus or something, because he has lost the support of his teammates. Once you come into work, you have to give it all you have or don't come into work. Deal with your contract off the field.

So we should pay the guy that isn't confident he can stay healthy and will screw us on the field due to contract issues?

Like I heard on the radio this morning, if he was still holding out the team would understand he was taking care of business even though it hurts the team. If you come into work, you better come into work, that is why he sits alone on the bench like he has a virus or something, because he has lost the support of his teammates. Once you come into work, you have to give it all you have or don't come into work. Deal with your contract off the field.

100% agree. Problem is he's out of money and can't sit. Hes pulling the "I'll accept my money but I'm not really going to play" game.

Edited by NoSaint