Hard-Hitting Rock Music

ajzepp

I can't believe I never connected those dots. :doh:

Upon further review... I know I read that somewhere, but further checking seems to suggest that the vocalist for Fastway back then (Dave King) is now the singer for Flogging Molly. Jack Russell is/was the vocalist for Great White. They sounded very similar though, and Flogging Molly sounds nothing like Fastway...

I'm a huge thrash fan, but if you really want to rage I'd suggest:

- Slayer - classic stuff like Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, Seasons in the Abyss

- Pantera - I think I still have bruises from the Pantera shows I saw in the 90s - if you want to hit someone, Pantera is the band that should be playing

- For newer bands, check out Hatebreed - they pretty much define a new genre - rage metal - some serious anger there.....

Check out Dave Grohl's side project from a few years ago: Probot.

Each song features a different metal singer from bands Grohl was influenced by.

Some of the singers include King Diamond, Cronos (from Venom), Snake (from VoiVoid), Lemmy, and Mike Dean (C.o.C.)

Here he is with Eric Wagner and Wino:

Thanks for all these responses, guys...I've been goign through everyone suggestions and it's been very interesting so far. I saw that Ronnie James Dio had passed not long ago, and I remembered the band "Dio" from when I was growing up, so I started following up on that guy first. I have to say, AMAZING rock vocals. And I love that he was known as a great writer, as well. I always respect musicians more when they write their own stuff. But then I started getting majorly creeped out by the dude and I started to realize why I never got into really heavy rock as a kid...lol

So far, and oddly enough given the purpose of this thread, my favorite Dio cut is "As Long as it's not About Love". It has a very solemn, vulnerable feel to it in the beginning (conveyed beautifully by this guy's vocals...fantastic voice), and then it builds up more intensity as the guitar solo hits combined with a more amped up vocal. Great track!

Seriously, though, I'm not some goody-goody religious nut, and I really have no patience for "Christian Rock", but the whole Satan/demon/evil aura that surrounds this sort of music does often times give me a complex. I used to really believe that KISS meant Knights In Satan's Service, lol. Today if you ask me, I'll tell you that Gene Simmons is seemingly one of the absolute best dudes on the planet, but back then it creeped me out.

I will literally listen to every single suggestion you guys make - I always do! - so keep 'em coming, and thanks! :thumbsup:

It doesn't get more hard hitting than nonpoint:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOO4VZeH4-g

youtube.com/watch?v=rKPicUnsPPg&feature=relmfu

I love CoC

Porcupine Tree. You can't go wrong here...

youtube.com/watch?v=OwmyMqUtQ3E&noredirect=1

That vocalist sounds familiar, who is it?