For the College and Draft Junkies Only

Hey guys last year was my first year really getting into the draft and I got on board a little too late. What games are upcoming that are must see as far as getting a last looks @ College players coming outta the draft? Maybe a list of players likely to come out at each position in the first couple rounds, any help appreciated, thanks guys!!!

Hey guys last year was my first year really getting into the draft and I got on board a little too late. What games are upcoming that are must see as far as getting a last looks @ College players coming outta the draft? Maybe a list of players likely to come out at each position in the first couple rounds, any help appreciated, thanks guys!!!

I just watch a lot of college ball every year and by the time I do that and see a lot of sportscenter in February through April, I feel like I have at least a grasp on most players drafted in the first few rounds, and some name players who go later. It is too late for that for you though.

Bowl season is a great thing for viewers. You can get a glimpse at a lot of these guys. And I mean all bowls, not just the big BCS ones, although those are great too.

This weekend there aren't as many games as a normal Saturday, but you will see plenty of future NFLers in LSU/Georgia, Michigan St/Wisconsin, Virginia Tech/Clemson and Oklahoma/Oklahoma St.

As a rule, I don't watch college football. I only have so many hours of watching TV so if I do watch a game, it's DVR'd and watched later with one finger on the FF.

After the Bowl Games are over, I watch tons of video clips of prospects which show up on different sites including YouTube.

Surprising myself, I've found that every year I get better at evaluating prospects and predicting who'll do well or otherwise.

I know we were talking about video/TV but here's a great site that lists all the combine results… it's much more comprehensive than even the NFL.com website and here's the great thing:

If you change the year in the address bar, it gives you all the combine information for that year, as far back as 2009.

http://footballsfuture.com/2011/combine/ot.html

Also, I've found this to be a good site for video and scouting reports:

http://draftbreakdown.com/

It's an above-average site and you can navigate by year on this site as well. They're just now in the process of formulating their big board for the 2012 prospects.

imo watch the alabama bowl game , seems to be 6 or 7 players on that d going to be drafted and drafted high

others of note

bruce irvin olb at west virgina

lidsay olb from pittsburgh , wannstadt should know him well

Even if you disagree with their rankings, I found this site last year and really liked the way it is organized and free unlike ESPN. Also, they have updated the players rankings throughout the season and will have new info on the player pages when the season is done.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012

Alabama OLB Courtney Upshaw seems to be the #1 34 pass rusher, if you're looking WR Alshon Jeffry or Michael Floyd seem to be the guys who would be available when the Bills will likely be picking, depending on your outlook of course.

I would start by recommending any Alabama or LSU Game...And most SEC Games...That's always a good start...Most of the time the announcers will tell you who the NFL Prospects are...In the case of the LSU and Alabama's Defenses, it's pretty much every player... B-)

Also, to add on to what has been said, for the OL and D-front 7, watch the senior bowl/workouts/etc. It's pitting these guys 1-on-1 and you can start to see who can hanbdle going against top talent day in and day out.

Also watch bowl games, but be wary. Lots of teams have a month of rust coming into their bowl games, and lots of times the competition isn't always equal.

Wow, this is the best thread ever for draft junkies. Lots of new, good sites to visit. Below is one that I visit every week (because it is updated on a weekly basis). It does not go in-depth on players, but gives you an idea (guess, perhaps) as to what teams may take who and who may be left for the Bills to take. I use this and then plan what college games to watch based on who it or I think the Bills might take.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

I would start by recommending any Alabama or LSU Game...And most SEC Games...That's always a good start...Most of the time the announcers will tell you who the NFL Prospects are...In the case of the LSU and Alabama's Defenses, it's pretty much every player... B-)

Put Alabama's front 6-7 with LSU's secondary and you have a dominant run stopping defense with playmaker ability all over the field.

Welcome to the insanity...you like this link

Two words - Vontaze Burfict.

Two words - Vontaze Burfict.

Haha I started a Vontaze Burfict thread last week after watching some tape on your suggestion. (I even gave you a shoutout in the thread for showing me Burfict :thumbsup: ) So my DVR is gunna be full and overheated from the college games Ill be DVR'ing. This actually turned out to be alot more informative of a thread than I initially thought thanks everyone for all the awesome links :worthy:

imo watch the alabama bowl game , seems to be 6 or 7 players on that d going to be drafted and drafted high

any SEC game

Put Alabama's front 6-7 with LSU's secondary and you have a dominant run stopping defense with playmaker ability all over the field.

ALL of this.

Buddy is a Southern guy, and the best football is being played in the SEC. Even more specifically, Buddy is a Bama guy (born and raised there).

If we are able to get a couple of players from there, we'll be pretty set.

Haha I started a Vontaze Burfict thread last week after watching some tape on your suggestion. (I even gave you a shoutout in the thread for showing me Burfict :thumbsup: ) So my DVR is gunna be full and overheated from the college games Ill be DVR'ing. This actually turned out to be alot more informative of a thread than I initially thought thanks everyone for all the awesome links :worthy:

The guys is worth watching just for the explosions...he's a bad wreck waiting to happen. That said, I hear there is a chance he does not even play in the bowl game...apparently, he did the usual and imploded in their last game, warranting a benching for the final half. I hope he plays as he alone is worth the price of admission. As to the Bills - in all seriousness - if he checks out at the combine and on the Wonderlic test, after Andrew Luck and perhaps Justin Blackmon - there is nobody else I would want ahead. He can slide to the strong side in a heartbeat and immediately add somethign we are missing...fire. Sure, he'll get fined, (many times), and suspended a couple of times, but for the sheer viewing experience, nobody draws more interest for me...

The guys is worth watching just for the explosions...he's a bad wreck waiting to happen. That said, I hear there is a chance he does not even play in the bowl game...apparently, he did the usual and imploded in their last game, warranting a benching for the final half. I hope he plays as he alone is worth the price of admission. As to the Bills - in all seriousness - if he checks out at the combine and on the Wonderlic test, after Andrew Luck and perhaps Justin Blackmon - there is nobody else I would want ahead. He can slide to the strong side in a heartbeat and immediately add somethign we are missing...fire. Sure, he'll get fined, (many times), and suspended a couple of times, but for the sheer viewing experience, nobody draws more interest for me...

In this thread on Burfict, I mentioned not seeing him make many plays the few times I watched him this year.

Zona said the same thing...

At the start of this season, he was projected as a top ten talent, who would have to overcome the personal fouls to actually get picked in that area. He has the perfect physical toolset for MLB, just not the head. He takes the occasional cheap shot. He talks 9 different kinds of trash and causes conflict almost every game(some of this could be in self-defense, though. I mean, I am not on the field, so i wont speculate who said what to whom to start the problem). It's too bad really, because this guy is physically gifted. He hits like a truck. he can run down people all over the field. He just might take out the guy next to the pile after the whistle, too.

And I have not seen any, i mean not one play THIS year, that made an impact on the game. No forced fumbles, not hits on the qb leading to a pick 6, nothing. I am not saying he didnt make plays, but I dont remember any. And I watched every asu game since i am a fan...

Is he worth a 3rd or 4th rd pick? Absolutely. A first or a second rd pick? i would say no way...

Im really curious about this kid and have been looking for more/any film on him. But can't seem to find any where he's dominated a game, or even had a string of good plays.

Are you able to point me towards any game that he had a big-time performance in?

The computer picked Dennard (CB) and Bruce Irvin (OLB) based on our positional needs. That's Nebraska and West Virginia. But I think we'll draft at least one WR, and a RB that's strong in blitz pickup, too. Last night I did research for DraftTek on the blocking ability of the 2012 running backs. The four RB's that rose to the top in that area are Trent Richardson, Alabama (not going to happen), Doug Martin, Boise State (could happen in RD2-3, Isaiah Pead, Cincinnati (maybe RD4), and Cyrus Gray, Texas A&M (later).

I love watching Boise State games and am pretty entertained by A&M.

Astro

Bills Analyst, www.DraftTek.com

In this thread on Burfict, I mentioned not seeing him make many plays the few times I watched him this year.

Zona said the same thing...

Im really curious about this kid and have been looking for more/any film on him. But can't seem to find any where he's dominated a game, or even had a string of good plays.

Are you able to point me towards any game that he had a big-time performance in?

Hey Doc. In the link I posted above there's a video menu tab up top you can click on.

Right now they have about 250 NCAA games from this year and about the same amount from 2010.

If you scroll through you'll find video of Burfict. There's video of him against Oregon (page 5), USC (page 8), Illinois (page 9), Stanford in 2010 (page 13), Oregon State (page 16), and several other Burfict games.

This is what makes Draft Breakdown the very best site for video:

1) Outstanding video quality

2) The player who the video is about, is highlighted before each play

3) The video packages ARE NOT highlight packages… thus you can see the good plays with the bad plays, and how the player reacts to plays away from the ball, etc.

4) If you know your college football, you can see several prospects in each video segment

5) The segments typically last 5-6 minutes and contain from 30-45 plays each.

It's WAY better than watching a highlight-type video.

I'm not aware of any NCAA video scouting/draftnik site which comes close to Draft Breakdown. Hopefully as they grow in audience, they provide even more content.

Also, apologies to Astrobot. Draftek is also a great site with excellent writing and reports and a draft simulator… a VERY cool interactive feature.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan