For the College and Draft Junkies Only

Hey guys last year was my first year really getting into the draft and I got on board a little too late. What games are upcoming that are must see as far as getting a last looks @ College players coming outta the draft? Maybe a list of players likely to come out at each position in the first couple rounds, any help appreciated, thanks guys!!!

Any Alabama game they got some great players coming out this year i believe at LB 2 that i know of & safety ! Arkansas too !! LSU !!

In this thread on Burfict, I mentioned not seeing him make many plays the few times I watched him this year.

Zona said the same thing...

Im really curious about this kid and have been looking for more/any film on him. But can't seem to find any where he's dominated a game, or even had a string of good plays.

Are you able to point me towards any game that he had a big-time performance in?

I read something last week were the venerable Mel Kiper had him as the best LB all year, then dropped him to two based on last weeks implosion with two crappy personal fouls and the benching...It all means nothing until after the combine anyway...hope he plays int he bowl game - makes it must see football...

Hey Doc. In the link I posted above there's a video menu tab up top you can click on.

Right now they have about 250 NCAA games from this year and about the same amount from 2010.

If you scroll through you'll find video of Burfict. There's video of him against Oregon (page 5), USC (page 8), Illinois (page 9), Stanford in 2010 (page 13), Oregon State (page 16), and several other Burfict games.

This is what makes Draft Breakdown the very best site for video:

1) Outstanding video quality

2) The player who the video is about, is highlighted before each play

3) The video packages ARE NOT highlight packages… thus you can see the good plays with the bad plays, and how the player reacts to plays away from the ball, etc.

4) If you know your college football, you can see several prospects in each video segment

5) The segments typically last 5-6 minutes and contain from 30-45 plays each.

It's WAY better than watching a highlight-type video.

I'm not aware of any NCAA video scouting/draftnik site which comes close to Draft Breakdown. Hopefully as they grow in audience, they provide even more content.

Also, apologies to Astrobot. Draftek is also a great site with excellent writing and reports and a draft simulator… a VERY cool interactive feature.

I just watched some Burfict stuff… about 50 plays or so.

He has a VERY uneven motor… I don't mind DL's who trail the play to conserve energy but linebackers should NEVER do that. You can see on several plays where he wasn't hustling and then he suddenly decides to turn it on… that's not how you play linebacker.

Also his instincts appear to be very average… a guy like Mason Foster last year, you could see how outstanding his instincts were, being able to locate the ball carrier in a huge mass of very large people.

Burfict appears not to have that nose for the ball.

On the plus side, he is incredibly powerful, thickly-built, and when he actually hustles, very fast, quick, and explosive.

He looks like a larger version of James Harrison.

It's very early… I could see a team go high on Burfict based on potential but from the small sample size I saw, I wouldn't touch him in the first round… unless I was the Steelers/Ravens/Jets picking late and having the organization/veteran leadership to take such a risk.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Hey guys last year was my first year really getting into the draft and I got on board a little too late. What games are upcoming that are must see as far as getting a last looks @ College players coming outta the draft? Maybe a list of players likely to come out at each position in the first couple rounds, any help appreciated, thanks guys!!!

Here's another good site for info on specific players, player rankings by position, and projected draft round/position...

NFL Draft Scout