WHAT!!

My answer to you. Michael Floyd, Notre Dame.

Yeah, him or Blackmon. With an elite WR and an improved line, we could have one of the best offenses in the league!

They'll finish 6-10 and draft a division II RB with the 9th pick.

hahaha, or a DB no one has heard of.

The Bills draft needs are the same as last year. O and D line, and linebacker.

Skill positions can wait.

And so can the wins and the playoffs..............

The Bills have a competent o-line that when healthy is good enough to win games. The D-line is not horrible either, again, when Healthy. The problem is they have no play makers that can make plays and put points on the board. You either have to have a DOMINANT defence that can keep teams to under 10-20 points a game score points on turnovers, or an offence that can put up points to win in this league.

I don't agree that WR is a 1st round need at this point as long as 1st round talent at OLB, NT, CB or QB exists at the pick. The Bills can find 3rd-5th round talent at WR, while the needs at the others all constitute a replacement by top shelf talent. We saw a bad day at WR and we need to see a growth in maturity from Stevie.However, the needs on D are so glaring that the difference in each of those positions being played by a true first round talent far outweighs the possible difference made by a star WR.

I also was thinking seriously today about the bad habits being taught by George Edwards. With such a young defense, this does not bode well. These things are going to take time to erase. I wish I could see a coach out there that could automatically come in and make a difference with this group, but I don't see anyone on the market. Maybe the annual head coaching carousel brings us a big time defensive coach. Anyone got any ideas?

If Edwards gets fired and and a stid DE or LB is there, take 'em.

If Edwards does not get fired (not a foregone conclusion IMHO), then take the biggest baddest fastest WR that can go up and get the football. Maybe take that anyway. If we had a guy like today it, what the D did would have been fine. We would have won, I don't know 38-28.

I say defense all the way. If the defense could prevent a touchdown from a crappy QB, or at least get a sack or two, we would win.

You have to score points to win games...............

Given the givens, it looks like the league is not interested in letting teams play defense. What is it... five guys currently on pace to break Marino's record? That's :censored: ing ridiculous.

Why invest heavily in defense if they just get neutered by the rules committee, and every 40-yard pass attempt there's a 50-50 chance of unreviewable PI so it's like CBs don't know whether to stevestojan or turn purple?

This is an offense league now. Put up or shut up. Gotta invest a couple early picks to OL depth. Wouldn't be displeased with a good TE to backup or complement Chandler. With Fred Jackson having a knee injury, and Spiller being Spiller, it looks like a RB is in order as well. Should pick up some LBs and a CB in the later rounds. But I wouldn't knock getting another monster DT/DE similar to how Dey-twaa picked up Suh and Fairley in successive years that has helped revitalize that team. Because we have no pass rush. Nothing. Even blitzing, they can't breathe on a QB unless they're facing a stevestojan OL like Washington's.

Edited by UConn James