Tales from Black Friday

Just Jack

youtube.com/watch?v=YOVD-m8urJU&feature=related

A lil treat from our neck of the woods last year.

"Oh Ow! I'm seriously injured! Gotta get that TV."

Great tactic. I am a big, tough guy. I will contract my services to fall down and create a wall after my accomplice makes it by. This will ensure they get in there and less competition.

I think it'd actually work, especially because I would not let anyone pass!

i honestly love it..the whole dynamic of all those people, I just love to sit back and watch....granted, I am usually there just to be a part of it and not really looking to get the $2 toasters...i took that attitude early on in my retail days and I think it helped me from not going crazy, but i really do love the crowds and all the interaction...

It is an absolute mystery to me why anyone would want to deal with the crowds. I sat comfortably in my own home and plucked a deal off of Amazon. With Prime it should arrive at my door Tuesday.

Last time I did Black Friday shopping was like 10 years ago to buy gameboys for my niece and nephew. Some woman had grabbed like 10 and there weren't any left on the shelf. I made some comment about it and she gave up 2. She must have been putting them on eBay or something to turn a fast buck.

I have not gone out on BF since, other than to get groceries. Stupid waste of time.

I also do not black friday shop accept on line

The year that the WII came out I almost had to beat a guys @ss in a best buy because he was standing on top of a pallet of Wii's that had just been dropped off even though there was someone telling him he was only going to be able to buy a limit of them (this was that year when they were impossible to get) he was on his cell phone talking about how he was going to buy them all and sell them on Ebay.

I walked up and politely asked him to give one up because I wanted to buy one for my daugher....he refused....I let him know that the money he was going to make was going to go to his medical bills and he gave one up.

I dont go around threatening people and dont consider myself a bad@ss at all....but he was being a jerk and I will do just about anything for my kids. This was the one present my daughter wanted.