At what point to you pull fitz

StamerforPrez

I'll start this off by saying i'm a huge fitz fan. I couldn't wait for the bills to give him a contract, thinking we finally had some stability at qb. That being said, he's been horrible the past 3 weeks. Not 100% his fault, but he can take a lot of the blame. Based on the last 3 games, would there ever be a situation where Thigpen is thrown into the game after a few more horrific performances by fitz? I don't mean as a permanent starter, but the same way a starting goalie would be pulled after giving up 5 goals in the first period to pump some life into the team. Or do we stick with fitz no matter what and let him break out of this slump on his own?

Edited by StamerforPrez

Pull him for who? Thigpen was horrible in preseason and could not complete a pass against a dolphins defense that was playing prevent at that point in the game. On top of every other problem the Bills have, they have one of the worst backup QBs in the NFL.

Based on the last 3 games, would there ever be a situation where Thigpen is thrown into the game after a few more horrific performances by fitz? I don't mean as a permanent starter, but the same way a starting goalie would be pulled after giving up 5 goals in the first period to pump some life into the team. Or do we stick with fitz no matter what and let him break out of this slump on his own?

Am I the only one who watched the whole game on Sunday? Thigpen came into the game with about 9 mins left in the 4th quarter.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=20111120015&page=plays

Edited by Carey Bender

Based on the last 3 games, would there ever be a situation where Thigpen is thrown into the game after a few more horrific performances by fitz? I don't mean as a permanent starter, but the same way a starting goalie would be pulled after giving up 5 goals in the first period to pump some life into the team. Or do we stick with fitz no matter what and let him break out of this slump on his own?[/s]

Assuming is Fitz starts every game, you pull him when the score differential is more than 35 points and you have a whole quarter left to play.

You have to give him a realistic chance. Right now he has no line and no receivers and I really suspect that he is hurt more from that hit he took a few weeks ago than anyone knows. No one on the team is 100% except Spiller and that's even more worrisome.

Pull him for who? Thigpen was horrible in preseason and could not complete a pass against a dolphins defense that was playing prevent at that point in the game. On top of every other problem the Bills have, they have one of the worst backup QBs in the NFL.

+1. God forbid Fitz gets hurt. Thigpen would get shut out. Maybe 3 points in garbage time... maybe.

Like I have said all along, Fitz is a slightly below average starting quarterback. It is what it is - the Bills bought high.

If we're down three touchdowns on Sunday, and Fitz has thrown more than two INT's, -yank him. If he goes out there, and starts over/underthrowing guys right away? -I bench him at the start of the second quarter.

Edited by #34fan