What it takes to beat miami, division, etc

One thing that I noticed that changed from our team is that the fire is gone.

Kinda like the fire that Denver had yesterday. Forget the winning drive for a bit, all the players worked as ONE, the whole game. The defense was fired up. Hard hits. Extra yards. the whole schbang.

Bills played hungrier. I remember. When we beat the pats, my wife watched most of the game. She doesnt normally watch football (probably cuz i watch too much) Anyway on more than 1 occasion, she said, "the bills are on fire" we were and we came back to win. finally broke a streak that was killing us.

C'mon bills, can we raise the intensity??? We can still get in the playoffs if we make a late run, kinda like the packers. Last year the pack overcame all kinds of injuries and became sb champs. Can we get that drive again?????????

Or maybe its my tv. Correct me if Im wrong.

Kinda like the fire that Denver had yesterday. Forget the winning drive for a bit, all the players worked as ONE, the whole game. The defense was fired up. Hard hits. Extra yards. the whole schbang.

Bills played hungrier. I remember. When we beat the pats, my wife watched most of the game. She doesnt normally watch football (probably cuz i watch too much) Anyway on more than 1 occasion, she said, "the bills are on fire" we were and we came back to win. finally broke a streak that was killing us.

C'mon bills, can we raise the intensity??? We can still get in the playoffs if we make a late run, kinda like the packers. Last year the pack overcame all kinds of injuries and became sb champs. Can we get that drive again?????????

They will get the drive back, when Corey Mac runs the ball.

i agree. i think alot of the teams energy comes from fitz playing well, he has appeared less confident in recent weeks and it has affected the team

The Bills are in the early stages of what is, in the best case, a lengthy rebuilding process.

No amount of sideline animation or "fire" can change that fact.

I understand how the great start the team had coupled with [finally] beating the cheaters could cause the more emotional Bills fans to get caught up in playoff talk. But the reality is that playoffs are more than likely at least a couple years away ... if all goes well.

The Bills are in the early stages of what is, in the best case, a lengthy rebuilding process.

If year 11 of rebuilding is "an early stage of a lengthy rebuilding process" then we Bills fans are in for much more heartache than we ever imagined.

No amount of sideline animation or "fire" can change that fact.

I understand how the great start the team had coupled with [finally] beating the cheaters could cause the more emotional Bills fans to get caught up in playoff talk. But the reality is that playoffs are more than likely at least a couple years away ... if all goes well.

Haters to the left.

I should have been more specific ... the Good Ole Boys rebuilding process.

We're in year 2 of a 3-year process, really year one with a mulligan on the first Chan/Nix draft (for which they were not fully prepared - see also Spiller reach). We'll go 8-8 or so this year, but with a solid draft next year (this year's draft was best in a long time), we should be able to EXPECT playoffs next year or year after, latest. If they can't get it done by year after next, it's not going to happen and we need to blow it up again. But I think Chan will have us in the playoffs next year. For one thing our schedule should be easier, for another they showed us this year they CAN draft well, for another we have our franchise QB and franchise RB (Jackson not Spiller) and have started to build the lines. Now we need some positional players (WR etc.) and DEPTH so we can ride out injuries (see also holes left by Williams, Wood, etc.) and we will be true contenders.