We CAN wait

Magox

You know how the president is on his "We can't wait" campaign tour, where he tells the public how we can't wait for Congress to do nothing, and then he passes these inconsequential executive orders in an attempt to show that he is doing something?

So how about the XL pipeline Mr President? We're talking about 10's of thousands of directly related jobs and over 100 thousand indirect jobs that would be created with PRIVATE sector dollars and that would help keep longer-term energy prices down.

Oh yeah, it's called shoring up the base, he knows he doesn't want to lose his looney left wing environmental base, so what does our presiden do? He punts the decison for after the elections.

He should change his campaign tour to "We CAN wait! Till after the elections"

Edited by Magox

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know how the president is on his "We can't wait" campaign tour, where he tells the public how we can't wait for Congress to do nothing, and then he passes these inconsequential executive orders in an attempt to show that he is doing something?

So how about the XL pipeline Mr President? We're talking about 10's of thousands of directly related jobs and over 100 thousand indirect jobs that would be created with PRIVATE sector dollars and that would help keep longer-term energy prices down.

Oh yeah, it's called shoring up the base, he knows he doesn't want to lose his looney left wing environmental base, so what does our presiden do? He punts the decison for after the elections.

He should change his campaign tour to "We CAN wait! Till after the elections"

A year won't matter, Obama ain't gonna win Nebraska anyway and the enviros will support him anyway. Don't worry, it will get built during Obama's second term

A year won't matter, Obama ain't gonna win Nebraska anyway and the enviros will support him anyway. Don't worry, it will get built during Obama's second term

You have quite an imagination. You should write fiction.

Professionally, I mean. Not this amateur crap you inflict on us.

Recuse! Recuse!

Yeah...okay, look. You hypothesize, apparently, that the administration is waiting until after the election to build the pipeline, strictly for political reasons - Obama won't win Nebraska, so he'll !@#$ over Nebraska and use the issue to appeal to his base.

Then, after the election, he'll !@#$ over his base and build the pipeline. Because at that point, who gives a ****?

That's a complete lack of leadership, not to mention craven and cowardly. If you believe that, how the hell can you support the guy?

Yeah...okay, look. You hypothesize, apparently, that the administration is waiting until after the election to build the pipeline, strictly for political reasons - Obama won't win Nebraska, so he'll !@#$ over Nebraska and use the issue to appeal to his base.

Then, after the election, he'll !@#$ over his base and build the pipeline. Because at that point, who gives a ****?

That's a complete lack of leadership, not to mention craven and cowardly. If you believe that, how the hell can you support the guy?

I can't believe you are getting angry over this!?!? All politicians do crap like this, so what?

I can't believe you are getting angry over this!?!? All politicians do crap like this, so what?

I'm not angry. What makes you think I'm angry?

So you're okay with it because "everyone does it". You know...you'd have been better off suggesting that it wouldn't create jobs, because only the government creates jobs, and since it therefore wouldn't create jobs, it would just be another government subsidy of the oil industry, so it's not worth pursuing. Because at least then you'd be consistent.

You'd still look like you have no clue what you're talking about, of course...but at least that way you would have focused your ignorance in a single direction, instead of veering all over the place.

Hey, I've got an idea. Let's give these scumballs MORE power. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Heres hoping!

I'm not angry. What makes you think I'm angry?

So you're okay with it because "everyone does it". You know...you'd have been better off suggesting that it wouldn't create jobs, because only the government creates jobs, and since it therefore wouldn't create jobs, it would just be another government subsidy of the oil industry, so it's not worth pursuing. Because at least then you'd be consistent.

You'd still look like you have no clue what you're talking about, of course...but at least that way you would have focused your ignorance in a single direction, instead of veering all over the place.

Oh no, your angry, that's obvious.

Yes, no president is perfect, and expecting them to be is moronic

This actually was my original point. Couldn't of said it better.

:thumbsup:

Heres hoping!

So Obama pulling this scumbag political crapola just makes in imperfect? When Bush pulled stunts like this was it just because he was imperfect?

So Obama pulling this scumbag political crapola just makes in imperfect? When Bush pulled stunts like this was it just because he was imperfect?

No, when Bush did it, it was because he's an evil human being, a terrible person and the worst president ever.

Our savior, the Chosen One, Obama the Magnificent would simply do so because he is perfect; he knows better than the rest of us, knows what we all truly want (despite our petty rhetoric to the contrary) and will do what's right, true and just for all Americans.

Now if you'll excuse me, dropping my IQ over 100 points (to the level of a common liberal) to write that has left me with a bit of a headache.

Edited by Koko78

Thanks for clearing that up for me. What else am I feeling? Am I hungry? Sleepy?

So delaying a project that could create thousands of jobs and reduce energy costs, so he can win an election (never mind that creating jobs and reducing energy costs could WIN him the election) is just "imperfect" to you?

That's pretty seriously deranged. Not as deranged as "Obama is more conservative than Bush," but still pretty deranged.

This actually was my original point. Couldn't of said it better.

But when Dave hypothesizes it, it just makes it so much more retarded. Because he has to defend it. :lol:

No, when Bush did it, it was because he's an evil human being, a terrible person and the worst president ever.

Our savior, the Chosen One, Obama the Magnificent would simply do so because he is perfect; he knows better than the rest of us, knows what we all truly want (despite our petty rhetoric to the contrary) and will do what's right, true and just for all Americans.

Now if you'll excuse me, dropping my IQ over 100 points (to the level of a common liberal) to write that has left me with a bit of a headache.

Nah Koko, at least on the other board when libs started a thread, there was substance, and they actually made an attempt to argue the point... Well, other than a couple we won't bother to mention. Here, when we see a lib post, it's usually followed with another ignorant response, or, my favorite I saw in another thread, "it's my thread, I'll ask the questions".... Whew!!!! IQ non-existent is what I've been seeing on some of these threads...

Where have our lib fellow lib friends/refugees gone??? Maybe this board is too hard??

Edited by Cinga

Exactly. Obama is allowed to be a deceitful and underhanded scumbag because its for the greater good, according to his blind followers. See, Dems have good intentions so they can do no wrong. They support the common man, the poor, the downtrodden, those marginalized by society (save for the homeless, ex-cons and professional vagrants apparently) so by the goodness of their collective hearts, they are incapable of wrong doing. And when they pass a $1 trillion bill which supports sunshine and puppies, its not grossly irresponsible and criminally negligent, and claiming otherwise means you hate sunshine puppies and all that is decent.

Being a republican or conservative means you only care about preserving the status quo in order to get even more fabulously rich and keep down those pesky minorities. Even if the Republican agenda passes legislation which turns out to be fiscally responsible and promotes economic growth, thus raising the standard of living for all, its still evil, as its motivations were pure greed and the social benefits are just unintended consequences. Pure coincidence.

That basically sums up the political climate in this country. Dems can do no wrong as their good intentions lead us down the path to mediocrity, and trying to point out that handouts are not actually helping the people they are supposed to support, means you have no heart. And when the Democratic agenda results in abject failure we get to hear "at least we tried."

They're polticians, that's why things are so f'ed up. Who exactly is "different?" well that person is not going to get elected, so you get Politician or Politician..... Any poitician's motivation is votes, not the interests of constituents or their well being.

They're polticians, that's why things are so f'ed up. Who exactly is "different?" well that person is not going to get elected, so you get Politician or Politician..... Any poitician's motivation is votes (in his/her next election), not the interests of constituents or their well being (or necessessarily those that supported his/her most recent election).

fixed. It's all about the next election baby.....