Desean Jackson-Broke

DaveinElma

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He did go to one of the best universities, Cal Berkeley, for 3 years. Like Lynch, he could graduate from a school 99% of people could never get into. The world is crazy.

I wish I could run fast and get a degree from a school most smart people can't even attend!

Speaking of Ace of Spades champagne...

Jay-Z popped $250,000 worth at a night club...yes, thats a quarter million and not a typo.

I get him doing that with all his wealth is nothing more than if I dropped $250 at the club. However, I just don't know how one can justify that when they walk down the street and see all the homeless people out of work in this economy or the disasters in Haiti, Japan, N.O., or the Buffalo Bills :P , etc who could have all used that money for something so much more substantial than showing off to a bunch of people in a club with some champagne that they would never in a million years be able to identify over a $12 bottle of Brut from the grocery store.

Jay - Z drops $250k on champagne

I get spending money on luxurious things if you worked that hard to make that money, and I know some of these people give to charity...but still, obscene blatant wastes of substantial money like this is just absurd. Not to mention, my friend has produced music videos for Jay-Z and she said he is a huge d**k head who actually spit on her on 9/11 because her staff couldn't get his dailies (tapes from taping a video that day) to LA from NY because air traffic was shut down for 9/11 attacks.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/9163246/ns/today-entertainment/t/diddy-jay-z-give-million-red-cross/

http://www.looktothestars.org/celebrity/200-jay-z

http://urbanmecca.net/news/2009/08/31/jay-z-donates-100-of-concert-proceeds-to-charitable-organization/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/04/beyonce-and-jay-z-raise-one-million-dollars-for-charity_n_993937.html

http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/amplifier/kanye-west-and-jay-z-auctioning-off-mutilated-373000-maybach-for-charity.html

Ehh...you get the idea.

Why do we care so much about how other people spend their money?

Silly eagles sitting him against cards to prove some disciplinary ethic. This was a winnable must win game with him in. They could have sat him for the first possession or something. Bunch of losers.

It was also a winnable game without him, as in the easiest game left on their schedule. If they can't beat the Cardinals at home without him, they weren't gonna make the playoffs anyway.

Edited by BuffOrange

I didn't realize I seemed to be feigning concern. What he does is all him, I dont really care about his retirement plan at all. My comment was directed at how ridiculous your previous post was, as if a few hundred thousand isn't a lot for a guy on a rookie deal... A guy with real health issues, given his concussion history. Seems like a reckless approach. After taxes, agent fees, etc.... That 25k night you see the one receipt from is probably damn near a tenth of what he took home that year.

Not pocket change yet - as allegedly he's out of money and has a credit card with drew rosenhaus on the billing address right now.

Does that apply for any career ending injury? Or was Everett a special case for his permanent disability? Furthermore, say he has a huge concussion in December, or tears an acl in workouts in february- I bet that 10m a year deal dries up quickly.

As for the insurance- is it common practice for active players? I've heard many times for guys expecting to be top ten picks while remaining in school (bradford as another example).... But I can't think of an active NFL player ive heard it for. I'm sure it's possible, but curious about an example.I figure they'd mention it with franchised, or rfa players but I'm drawing a blank.

off the top of my head Bryan Berard was in the NHL when he took a stick to the eye and almost lost it. He got 6.5 mil in insurance money cause he couldn't play again. Now He still had one good eye and eventually had surgery to repair some of the sight and even returned the money to the insurance company so he could play in the NHL although it was pretty short lived. So, yes these policies are very common for active players to have in case they can't play. The teams also get paid if a player has a year ending or career ending injury. IIRC Tim Connolly's last contract with the sabres was done so quickly that the team couldn't get the insurance company to give them a policy on him. You can insure just about anything.

off the top of my head Bryan Berard was in the NHL when he took a stick to the eye and almost lost it. He got 6.5 mil in insurance money cause he couldn't play again. Now He still had one good eye and eventually had surgery to repair some of the sight and even returned the money to the insurance company so he could play in the NHL although it was pretty short lived. So, yes these policies are very common for active players to have in case they can't play. The teams also get paid if a player has a year ending or career ending injury. IIRC Tim Connolly's last contract with the sabres was done so quickly that the team couldn't get the insurance company to give them a policy on him. You can insure just about anything.

Yea - wasn't doubting just surprised we never here about it. If he takes a concussion or two, his career may be done without it qualifying for that (ie cleared to play but no one is giving him that 80m deal with 25m upfront). That mortgage payment, property tax, car payments (I'm assuming multiple) all add up quick when your in the hole and don't get that raise you were banking on. Heck, they add up when you get the raise and spend that all before paying everything off and investing like you normally see.

Lots of things can happen and it sound like the only one he's ready for is payday.