Jets get at bye & 10 day lay off vs Buffalo in 2011

r00tabaga

Do we really need a fourth thread on this? I starting a topic on this Monday and there have been 3 since. Search button is our friend...

Use the Report button (that red button that says Report!) to report duplicate threads. We will then either close the newer thread, or merge the threads (as I have done with these four)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phish fries first......then Jets. It will be hard to bounce back from these last 2 weeks!

The fans don't play the games, we can speculate about any games we want (and it won't effect the games!).

It's perfectly natural to post about the Jets the day after they lose a mid-week game without any other games having been played.

With the way the ny media will be pounding on them and how draining that can be, i wish they had a month off

It likely won't matter...7 days, 10 days, a month...The Jets will remain a bad match-up for The Bills unless something changes drastically...And now that The Bills are REAL banged up the chance of anything changing drastically are slim and none...And slim done left Town... ;)

103-32 in the last three Games...The Jets will be coming off an embarrassing loss with 10 days to prepare...I'll choose to expect the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised...But no breath holding going on here... B-)

While Im not negative on our chances like you, I think we both agree this is much ado about nothing. Bills and jets know each other like a couple going on their 10th anniversary, no surprises here. I'll take the loss to broncos and give them a few extra days to prepare and call it a net positive for us

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

It likely won't matter...7 days, 10 days, a month...The Jets will remain a bad match-up for The Bills unless something changes drastically...And now that The Bills are REAL banged up the chance of anything changing drastically are slim and none...And slim done left Town... ;)

103-32 in the last three Games...The Jets will be coming off an embarrassing loss with 10 days to prepare...I'll choose to expect the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised...But no breath holding going on here... B-)

Regarding how banged up we are, call me crazy but I think the bills are actually a healthier team now(or will be by next week barring further injury) than the first time they played the jets. Even if george Wilson can't play this week, he'll be back next week unless his injury is much more serious than the team is letting on. We're also getting Kelsay back, which I think is a bigger positive than most realize. The bills are 4-1 with him in the lineup this season and 1-3 without him. Wood is a huge loss, but the bright side is with Hairston and possibly bell returning to left tackle, Levitre, who has arguably been our best interior o-lineman this year gets to move back to the interior.

Edited by Chandemonium

They also lost the thursday game that they had less time to prepare for... so i dont know if thats a major advantage in scheduling.

This +1

A loss is a Bad Thing. If you asked the Jets if they'd trade extra 3 days for W v. Den, what do you think they'd say?

They whipped our asses extra red and swollen last year without extra time to prepare.

Rex has pwn'ed Chan and the Jets have pwn'd us and that's the story until the Bills do something to rewrite it.

The extra time is just a side-bar

What he said, put up or shut up.

We have to go in there knowing that the refs love New Jersey as well. There has to be a way to cover Plaxico and protect against his blatant offensive pass interference while avoiding the defensive version.

I think it was McKelvi that got mugged on the play. How that was not a foul I don't know.

We have to work the refs BEFORE the game. Like Brady did calling out Revis saying he does more holding than anyone. In broncos game plax got an early offensive PI call that changed the nature of his game. Wouldn't be surprised if Fox had done some lobbying beforehand. During the game it's too late.

We played the jests the first time after they were coming off of a bye and had 14 days to game plan against us and get over bruises and sprains.

For the second game, they had a Thrusday night game and now have 10 days to game plan against us and get over bruises and sprains.

Does that give them an advantage to get two such significant advantages against the same division rival?

You bet it does. Screwed again.

:angry:

How long did Dallas have to gameplan against us? Did the 3 extra days really help the Jets beat us?

What he said, put up or shut up.

We have to go in there knowing that the refs love New Jersey as well. There has to be a way to cover Plaxico and protect against his blatant offensive pass interference while avoiding the defensive version.

There is a way: pressure Sanchize. " It's hard to throw completions when you're sitting on your a**"

Unfortunately if the Bills have a pass rush, they've forgotten where they filed it. Turn the filing cabinet out, boys.