So where are the Fitz lovers now?

DreReed83

His inaccuracy downfield is a real concern, but with Johnson hurting, Parrish out, and Evans traded, Fitz does not have the big play threats he had last year and defenses are squatting on the short passes.

Only the short sighted feeble minded know nothing about football "fans" are going to go after Fitz......

- Some want his huge contract justified.....as if paying the man is all of a sudden cause him to overcome a defense that cant get off the field, injuries, offensive weapons dropping balls, etc etc

- Some want someone to blame...and since its too much effort to break down and blame the ones actually responsible....its much easier to look to the leader of the team

Go ahead chicken littles.....I hear there is a sale on tar and feathers right now.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you watch the game?

Typical meatball. Give him a legit number 1 receiver, like Calvin Johnson and see what he does. There isn't a WR on this team that is capable of beating a lock down corner outright. The O-line sucked, the receivers sucked, and the defense again sucked.

Wow! It's unreal all the people who come out when the Bills lose. We have been a revolving door for QB's over the last 11 years and we finally get a one who has guts and a fighter attitude and all some of you want to do is talk crud about him. Pathetic! every thread should be about how our D looks like they have no clue how to play together or play at all . We have no pass rush!! Our linebackers cant tackle , and our secondary can't cover an offensive lineman. Go back to basics and learn how to tackle and cover players. our game plan was tossed by the 2nd quarter. I'm one who believes fitz is a good QB for us. :beer:

"guts and a fighter attitude"??? Whoa. Someone's been out drinking with their emoticon.

Edited by #34fan

fitzpatrick should be judged by a higher standard now. a franchise player standard (that's the contract he signed).

fitzpatrick hasn't even come close to the abuse Captain Checkdown had... and at least the bills only were paying Captain Checkdown an average of $460,000 when he was here.

fitzpatrick should be judged by a higher standard now. a franchise player standard (that's the contract he signed).

fitzpatrick hasn't even come close to the abuse Captain Checkdown had... and at least the bills only were paying Captain Checkdown an average of $460,000 when he was here.

So Fitz is all of a sudden supposed to become a better player regardless of the players around him because he is being paid more? Riiiiiigggghhhhht

Exactly. And Edwards played behind a worse offensive line by far, had just as bad of a defense and played for the worst HC the Bills have had in a long time but still he got blamed for all the Bills problems.

I think what has bothered me the most about Fitz as of late, is he zeros in on one receiver per snap. Doesn't go through his reads as much and is throwing these short little slants and out routes. And guess what, the jets and now the cowboys have figured that out. They have done an excellent job of disguising what sort of defense they are going to go with and Fitz can't read it and makes a bad decision.

Does that mean we should criticise the signing? Personally, I would have liked them to wait til the end of the season. But it's something that definitely needs to be worked on. I understand people's frustrations, but to be honest we are doing better than most people had predicted. This is only year 2, let's see if the Bills can figure this thing out.

Edited by Wayne333

I am a Fitz supporter but Ive grown tired of the inconsistencies. Our defense cant stop bird sh*t. I am second guessing the contract. Opposing teams are picking our game plans apart. In turn, the lack of talent shows. If Fitz cant play against the top defenses and win then what do we have?? Every game the Bills have lost has been against better than average defenses.

Your an idiot and dont know sh*t, Fitz is worth it and he is a leader you sure as hell arent right about him, so go root for some other team! oh and F.U.

Fans having blind faith their teams is the reason why so many teams like the Bills are allowed to remain crappy for so many years.

Exactly. And Edwards played behind a worse offensive line by far, had just as bad of a defense and played for the worst HC the Bills have had in a long time but still he got blamed for all the Bills problems.

You guys have short memories. How many times have we seen Fitz curl up in a fetal position when pass rushers are bearing down on him? In other words, Edwards' pet move. Edwards isn't/wasn't half the competitor that Fitz is. That's why we fans back Fitz, while the other guy is M.I.A.

He's had two starts since the contract to show he is a franchise qb, two games the Bills had to win, and he blew them both. He hasn't had a good game since before Cinci, none against strong D's. They signed him too early and we have to live with it.

Three games (one win), but who's counting?

Only the short sighted feeble minded know nothing about football "fans" are going to go after Fitz......

- Some want his huge contract justified.....as if paying the man is all of a sudden cause him to overcome a defense that cant get off the field, injuries, offensive weapons dropping balls, etc etc

- Some want someone to blame...and since its too much effort to break down and blame the ones actually responsible....its much easier to look to the leader of the team

Go ahead chicken littles.....I hear there is a sale on tar and feathers right now.

you've got a lot of balls calling anyone a "chicken little" after a blowout beatdown at home in a division game, followed up by a 44-7 massacre on the road.

i'm not blaming the contract on fitzpatrick. i think he's a capable, solid QB, but has some serious limitations. if you're the baltimore ravens or SF 49ers or the Jets, you GIVE Fitz that long term money because you have other pieces in place (mainly, solid defenses) that can win you ballgames. he's a great game manager. but in buffalo, we're currently a middle of the road team who can't stop a nosebleed on defense. at this point, why blow your load on a good, but not great QB? why not at least see if he can win a big division road game before throwing $60 mil at him?

fitz would be an ideal QB if you had a top 10 defense in place. he has enough game to go out and throw for 250 and 2 TDs on most Sundays, but he has a ceiling. we would've been better suited seeing if we could get that franchise guy in the draft before committing the ridiculous money.

He's had two starts since the contract to show he is a franchise qb, two games the Bills had to win, and he blew them both. He hasn't had a good game since before Cinci, none against strong D's. They signed him too early and we have to live with it.

agreed

I still like what I see in Fitzy. I turned it off after 3 qtrs. But he was doing fine IMHO considering the lack of imaginitive playcalling and no pass protection. That 1st play of the game, Ware unblocked creams Fitzy, are you kidding me?

Edited by Fan in San Diego

I am a Fitz supporter but Ive grown tired of the inconsistencies. Our defense cant stop bird sh*t. I am second guessing the contract. Opposing teams are picking our game plans apart. In turn, the lack of talent shows. If Fitz cant play against the top defenses and win then what do we have?? Every game the Bills have lost has been against better than average defenses.

The offense went into decline last season as well. As defenses countered what the Bills were doing the production declined. Earlier this year, the offense had some explosive quarters and halves of games and point up enough points to come from behind and get some wins. That was coming off the lockout, and now that things are settling down a bit league-wide, defenses have their tape and are effectively taking away what the Bills do best. No surprise there. The Bills need to make a counter move in the chess match.

This offensive line is a joke. But Fitz has been sub-par since the new contract. Now we have two major offseason issues: (1) o-line; (2) D-line/OLB. We need to actually go out and sign a top free agent O line or D-line/OLB. Plus, we need some more receivers. Fitz is ok, but there is nothing around him.

I'm not a Fitz fan, but I think he is our best option (or the only) right now. I think the defense is awful and game after game is getting worse.

Donald Jones is not a #2 receiver, I think D. Nelson is way better. Today SJ looks very diminished.

But Fred Jackson was running the ball very welll but If I remember at the 3rd Q he had just 9 carries In my opinion he should get more carries, I know we had a 21 deficit but he avg 9 ypc

Any way I think G. Edwards must be in the hotseat.