Luck is good - but not Great

BringBackFergy

Watched the Oregon Stanford game....I saw a few things:

Sloppy footwork in pocket, poor accuracy, not alot of arm strength, seemed a little nervous in the pocket, wasn't leading the receiver, pretty average showing in my opinion.

Oregon has a good defense, but they aren't NFL caliber....this kid is gonna have a tough time adjusting to NFL and unless his accuracy improves, he'll be a big disappointment to whoever drafts him. Had he entered the draft last year, we may have gotten Newton...as it stands, I think his Daddy talked him out of entering the draft last year (where he would have been number 1) and now his draft stock may have tumbled if these average/poor performances continue....

Funny? Funny how? Like a clown? Am I here to amuse you?

"Goodfellas"

thanks again OP, you're a good sport,

Myself personally, I would do a Ditka to get Luck If I was the GM of the Buffalo Bills because the kid is absolutely amazing in my opinion.

Even on a off night, the way Luck kept battling to the bitter end says a lot about the mans character,

Chan Gailey would win a Championship with Andrew Luck...

LUCK is finding out what Jake Locker did ,he believed the hype.I think he was just plain scared of the big boys so he sat. Not what I'D call a leader .. Your right he's not great, good but not great. But some idiot GM will hand him a pile of money anyway.. WHAT HAPPENED TO EARNING IT?

Architecture is his first love. He doesn't care about the millions he lost by not entering the draft

And Frank Lloyd Wright is his favorite architect. Buffalo with all of its architecture could have been a draw. He still goes number one if he comes out.

Besides he has a little linebacker in him as well...

Edited by BRAWNDO

Watched the Oregon Stanford game....I saw a few things:

Sloppy footwork in pocket, poor accuracy, not alot of arm strength, seemed a little nervous in the pocket, wasn't leading the receiver, pretty average showing in my opinion.

Oregon has a good defense, but they aren't NFL caliber....this kid is gonna have a tough time adjusting to NFL and unless his accuracy improves, he'll be a big disappointment to whoever drafts him. Had he entered the draft last year, we may have gotten Newton...as it stands, I think his Daddy talked him out of entering the draft last year (where he would have been number 1) and now his draft stock may have tumbled if these average/poor performances continue....

I always preface this sentiment with, "I admit I've only seen a handful of Luck's games, and only one from start to finish"...but when I watch Luck play,the guy that comes to mind is Joey Harrington. I think he's much more likely to follow in Joey's footsteps (or as Crayonz intimated, his father) than he does Tom Brady's or Joe Montana's.

LUCK is finding out what Jake Locker did ,he believed the hype.I think he was just plain scared of the big boys so he sat. Not what I'D call a leader .. Your right he's not great, good but not great. But some idiot GM will hand him a pile of money anyway.. WHAT HAPPENED TO EARNING IT?

That's a bizarre statement. What rookie has ever 'earned' a contract in the NFL? All rookies contracts are based on potential.

Wow! Nice catch Crayonz ....I never realized his Dad was that mediocre.....time will tell, but last night showed he is not Superman

Yeah, Oliver Luck really was terrible. Nothing at all like Joe Ferguson or Jim Kelly's fathers, right?

:doh:

Edited by KD in CT

Yeah, Oliver Luck really was terrible. Nothing at all like Joe Ferguson or Jim Kelly's fathers, right?

:doh:

Joe and Jim's father's were not proven NFL losers. Name one horrible NFL QB who had a son that did ANYTHING. You can't. As a matter of fact Gale Gilbert's kid, although highly touted, couldn't even make it in college.

Archie Manning was good in the NFL and lookie here. Oliver Luck. lol. Get real.