Prayers please

BuffaloBillsSD

My link

As my friends and I drove today we witnessed a truck hydroplane, then overcompensate, and flip as it exited the freeway. I immediately pulled over and sprinted to the scene as my friends called 911. What I saw cannot be described, I saw a child screaming and grabbed him to get him away from the gruesome scene, I thought the man was dead. A off duty paramedic took vitals and the man I thought was dead was still alive so attempted to lift the truck, at first it was 8 of us but soon it grew to about 15 and we finally flipped it back over to free the man. He may live or he may die but please pray for him. I regained some faith in humanity today because so many others stopped to help and each one was needed, the truck weighed about 5900 lbs stock and there were no more than 15 of us pushing it over, I just want him to pull through. I am still struggling and tomorrows game pales in comparison.

My link

As my friends and I drove today we witnessed a truck hydroplane, then overcompensate, and flip as it exited the freeway. I immediately pulled over and sprinted to the scene as my friends called 911. What I saw cannot be described, I saw a child screaming and grabbed him to get him away from the gruesome scene, I thought the man was dead. A off duty paramedic took vitals and the man I thought was dead was still alive so attempted to lift the truck, at first it was 8 of us but soon it grew to about 15 and we finally flipped it back over to free the man. He may live or he may die but please pray for him. I regained some faith in humanity today because so many others stopped to help and each one was needed, the truck weighed about 5900 lbs stock and there were no more than 15 of us pushing it over, I just want him to pull through. I am still struggling and tomorrows game pales in comparison.

As we've seen from recent news, its easy to speed by a traumatic scene with the rationalization that "someone else can and probably will take care of this cause I've got places to be." I commend you for doing the right thing, the hard thing. There's always talk about the extremes, and a lot of "you don't know what you'd do in that situation until it happens." No matter the outcome, rest well knowing you answered the call.

You did what you could, and that is more than others would have done. Whether he lives or dies, you should have no regrets knowing you did your best. Your reaction to the situation was the right thing to do and is commendable. Let's hope the injured man pulls through.

My link

its amazing what life throws at us....good job to stop and help and good job to ask for prayers.will do.

Thanks everyone, I couldn't sleep last night and my back is hurting but I couldn't live with myself if I had kept driving. After all the thanks I got on Veterans Day it would have been a slap in the face to all those people. Hoping to get some good news today and will post an update if I hear anything.

You did what you could, and that is more than others would have done. Whether he lives or dies, you should have no regrets knowing you did your best. Your reaction to the situation was the right thing to do and is commendable. Let's hope the injured man pulls through.

+1

Nice job SD.

BuffaloBillsSD:

Two of my favorite books are by Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth and The Hero With a Thousand Faces.

In them he discusses what compels the hero to act in a time of great need. Wherein the person who isn't a hero has their focus on self-interest/survival. Talking about the hero Campbell says:

"At such moments you realize that you and the other are, infact, one. It's a big realization. Survival is the second law of life. The first is that we are all one".

Thank you for choosing the hero path.

Buffalo Bill I have been scouring the San Diego news sites for info but I have yet to find his name and therefor cannot get any more info. I just hope that it worked out for the best and that the other three are doing well also.

Thank you all for the kind words and I am glad that there are so many others who helped that day. I will keep looking for any more information and I will be sure to post it.

Buffalo Bill I have been scouring the San Diego news sites for info but I have yet to find his name and therefor cannot get any more info. I just hope that it worked out for the best and that the other three are doing well also.

Thank you all for the kind words and I am glad that there are so many others who helped that day. I will keep looking for any more information and I will be sure to post it.

Chances are that you will not hear. Thank you for your response I was simply wondering how things turned out.

I am like BuffaloBill and have wondered how things were

too!! Would you be able to get some info from fire or police

reports?

My link

You and those 14 or so other people, personify America. worthy.gifworthy.gifworthy.gif