Why the Bills will NOT make the playoffs...

Bossman

Here's why the Bills can make the playoffs:

They are 8-6.

They finally are giving a QB who is potentially one of the top 40 of all time a few seconds to throw.

A hopefully healthy McGahee is leading the bills to a 6-0 record when he runs for 100 yards.

Our special teams is NASTY.

Our defense is NASTY.

If i can find a highlight reel with Lee Evans, I'll post it.

Moulds.

We have a +7 turnover ratio.

We have averaged 37 points in the last 5 games.

We are the "hottest" team in the NFL. And that means something. The players feel like this is their time. Confidence.

We have Sam Wyche.

175162[/snapback]

Very well said. Bossman, I disagee with your statement that Bledsoe sucks. I was nervous about him earlier in the year as were many fans, but I am now convinced that he is the best option at QB for the remainder of the year. He has displayed better pocket presence over the past 8 weeks or so and is obviously more confident in the line. He has scrambled for positive yardage several times instead of taking sacks and seems to have remembered how to get rid of the ball when needed. Mularkey has figured out how to run the offense to set up strikes downfield and Bledsoe is taking advantage of these oppotunities with accurate passes to Evans and Moulds even when he is under pressure. This is the most I have enjoyed watching our team play in several years and therefore I plan to enjoy the holidays watching my team make a run for the play-offs. ;)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bossman - why soo negative? the bills are winning and its xmas cheer up buddy, everything will be ok ;) hahahaha I can't say that with a straight face im sorry...boss man what are you thinking????? 5 straight wins, over 30 points a game ! evans and mcgahee hell even bledsoe performing to some extent..with NO SIGN of any regression whatsoever and especially none against the division 2 college team we're about to play..soo why this hostility?? I just think your in denial :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Bossman, have you even watched this team the past 8 weeks? You seem to be stuck back in week 5 because thats really where your post belongs. We've been winning with solid Defense, solid Special teams and a steady offense, that's not what I would call smoke and mirrors. Bledsoe and the OLine have been playing pretty steady, doing what they need to win. McGahee has been better than we believed he would be at this time, sure he may not play this weekend, but hopefully we won't need him against the 'niners.

Personally, I don't think they'll be in the playoffs either, but not because they suck, only because I don't see Jax losing against Houston and Oakland. Whether, we finish 10-6 or 9-7 I'll still be very happy with how this team has turned out this year especially after such a miserable start then a putrid showing against NE in front of a national TV audience.

The guy is not being negative. I'm sure he's cheering as hard for the bills as anyone on this board.

But when he says the Bills are winning with Smoke and Mirrors. I agree. Can we win when we lose the turn over battle or come up even in turnovers and our special teams don't score for us? That remains to be seen.

We've been winning with extraordinary special teams and extraordinary defence. Can those two units continue to play at that hight of level? That is my concern?

But that doesn't mean we're not cheering hard for the Bills.

Can we win when we lose the turn over battle or come up even in turnovers and our special teams don't score for us?

175332[/snapback]

Jesus tap-dancing Christ!!

Some of you are NEVER happy... How many times do we have to hear people B word when we go several games without a turnover?

Now, when we get a TON, people B word because we are winning because of turnovers.... and not all on the offense.

I've heard it all now.

Some of you are NEVER happy... How many times do we have to hear people B word when we go several games without a turnover?

Now, when we get a TON, people B word because we are winning because of turnovers.... and not all on the offense.

I've heard it all now.

175335[/snapback]

That so very true.

The guy is not being negative. I'm sure he's cheering as hard for the bills as anyone on this board.

But when he says the Bills are winning with Smoke and Mirrors. I agree. Can we win when we lose the turn over battle or come up even in turnovers and our special teams don't score for us? That remains to be seen.

We've been winning with extraordinary special teams and extraordinary defence. Can those two units continue to play at that hight of level? That is my concern?

But that doesn't mean we're not cheering hard for the Bills.

175332[/snapback]

That's a contradiction. Winning with extraordinary special teams and and defense is not smoke and mirrors. In the past several years Tampa, Baltimore and Carolina have used that appoach to advance to and in some cases, win, the Superbowl. Just because our offense is not the best unit on the team does not mean the team is a fluke.

C’mon!  Does anyone really think the Bills are that good?  I mean we’ve been winning with smoke & mirrors against lousy teams for the last six weeks.

Bledsoe sucks, McGahee and Henry are damaged goods, we don’t have one quality tight end and the defense and special teams units can’t possible continue to play the way they have been.

I don’t want to ruin anyone’s Christmas but stick a fork in Buffalo’s playoff hopes because they are done!

175148[/snapback]

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

I wish I could think of something more articulate at 8:30 in the morning.....but this is about all I can muster.

Go pound sand

You know, I post something out here and I give the reasons why and then you clowns come in and try to be funny guys without backing up your beliefs as to why you think the Bills can actually make the playoffs

You guys are pathetic!

175159[/snapback]

the bills have as good a shot as ANY team still in the hunt for a wild card. the fact that the bills are playing as good now as at any point this season points to them having the advantage over teams who are playing like they're on the decline. denver and baltimore lost 3 of their last 4. jax had 2 recent wins against gb and chi but lost 4 of the previous 5. the bills have won 7 of their last 8.

funny thing about your original post. you don't give one reason for any of the other teams fighting for a spot why they should make it. believe me, they all have major problems that can easily hold them back from finishing strong. ie. injuries, schedule, etc.

you're gonna seem more stupid if they make it then you do now for counting them out.

no -

The thing is, it will be VERY tough for the Bills to make it.

He just wants to be the one to say "i told you so" if they dont.

175355[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head with this one!

I've heard it all now.

175335[/snapback]

Thanks bro. This team is on track to hit the 10-6 record that we all thought it should hit. To do this they had to climb out from under a 0-4 monstrosity of a record. You have to feel sad for Bills fans that can muster no happiness from this incredible group of players we have right now. It is seriously sad man.

I can’t believe more people can’t see the smoke and mirrors! Here’s a look at the Cincy game:

1st TD set up by a trick play – flea flicker to the 5 yd line. Once again a poorly under thrown ball by Bledsoe. If the throw is on target it’s an easy TD.

2nd TD Peters block punt. Great play but can we count on a special teams TD every week?

3rd TD. I’m going to get crucified for this but this is the truth. Spikes should have been called for pass interference on that play. He blatantly pushed Johnson to the ground while the ball was in the air. The zebra’s totally missed that one.

The next two field goals had combined drives of 12 plays for 30 yards (6 for 22yds, 6 for 8yds).

McGahee rushed 11 times for 25 yards against the 27th ranked rush defense.

I’m not being pessimistic. I’m just trying to give you guys a dose of reality.

Does anyone disagree with me when I say Bledsoe sucks?  He constantly under throws his backs and receivers.  McGahee’s injury is a direct result of a terribly under thrown ball by Bledsoe! 

Review the tapes and count how many times Bledsoe has been short or behind the intended receiver. 

Hindsight being 20/20, the last five games would have been an excellent opportunity to get J.P. some real game experience by starting him.  I highly doubt he would have had worse numbers than Drew Barymore errr Bledsoe.

175205[/snapback]

I disagree. Bledsoe's not top-shelf by any means...but "sucks"? A.J. Feeley sucks. Tim Rattay sucks. Mark Brunell sucks. Bledsoe's adequate.

Come on people....who says were not HAPPY??? Get that thru your thick skulls.

I'm VERY HAPPY...I'm going to the SF game this weekend. Travelling 100 of miles!

I AM HAPPY That the Bills are winning. But should we put our heads in the sand and pretend everything is great?

We can sit here and masterbate about how good the bills are, or talk about things that may cause us problems in future games.

And the way I see it, a problem for us will be when the special teams can't score our defence can't score for us and we're forced to rely on our offense. That day may never come, and if not, I'll be super happy. But if it does, I wonder if we can succeed if we are forced to rely on our offence.

no -

The thing is, it will be VERY tough for the Bills to make it.

He just wants to be the one to say "i told you so" if they dont.

175355[/snapback]

Steve, as you can see I don’t post much. I’m not setting this up for latter, I’m just telling you the truth. I’m sorry you can’t handle it but you will have to deal with it shortly. I’m just trying to help you prepare for it.

Believe me, you will thank me come January 3rd.

Thanks bro. This team is on track to hit the 10-6 record that we all thought it should hit. To do this they had to climb out from under a 0-4 monstrosity of a record. You have to feel sad for Bills fans that can muster no happiness from this incredible group of players we have right now. It is seriously sad man.

175370[/snapback]

Agree, if they hit that 10-6 record and not make the playoffs I'll still be ecstatic. The playoffs would just be a huge bonus.