Oh Tannenbaum

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, the Christmas tree industry couldn't do their own marketing, so, they hired the government to do it for them.

I wonder how this plan is going to work. :lol:

13c of the 15c is going to administration of the plan...and since when does anyone have a bad image of Christmas trees?

What is the major problem that is being solved here?

When I say stupid far-left non-solution solutions...this is what I mean.

Basically, somebody who contributed a lot of money to Obama's campaign, wants their son/daughter/niece/nephew to have a government job...and here it is.

How unbelievably stupid do you need to be to not only impose this tax two weeks before people start buying trees, but to also suggest we need this tax to promote something that needs no promotion.

How long before they impose a 15 cents tax on forks to promote how helpful they are to eating.

And we're letting these people run health care? What the hell have we done to ourselves?

I could have sworn that was an Onion piece.

To improve the image and marketing of Christmas trees? Really??

What's next a menorah tax? Turban tax? Buddah-Belly clock tax? Rudolph tax? Easter Bunny tax?

WTF???

Ok I did some research. There are approximately 35,000,000 Christmas trees sold every year. At .15 each that is $5,250,000 annually. That's a hell of a lot of marketing dollars.

Edited by Chef Jim

What's next a menorah tax? Turban tax? Buddah-Belly clock tax? Rudolph tax? Easter Bunny tax?

WTF???

Ok I did some research. There are approximately 35,000,000 Christmas trees sold every year. At .15 each that is $5,250,000 annually. That's a hell of a lot of marketing dollars.

Not when 800% of it will probably be used up in administration costs!

WTF???

What marketing problems are Christmas trees having, anyway? Do people not know that you can buy and decorate a tree during the holidays? Or are they trying to expand the Christmas tree season into spring?

And furthermore..."Christmas trees?" Isn't that politically incorrect? Where's the lawsuit claiming this is an infringement on freedom of religion, since the government's promoting Christmas now?

Quit yer bitchin

It will create 5 new jobs.

obama, the job creator...YEAH!!!

What marketing problems are Christmas trees having, anyway? Do people not know that you can buy and decorate a tree during the holidays? Or are they trying to expand the Christmas tree season into spring?

And furthermore..."Christmas trees?" Isn't that politically incorrect? Where's the lawsuit claiming this is an infringement on freedom of religion, since the government's promoting Christmas now?

I'm sure the Menora Tax is right around the corner.

On second thought...

Obama administration changes mind on Christmas Tree Tax.

Edited by LABillzFan

You answered your own question. With Christianity on the decline, power consolidation from the Jeudeo-Zionist-Lizard People-Illumanti and rapid growth of Islam and Mormonism, the Christmas tree's target demographic is shrinking rapidly. Something needs to be done!

Hire the government to re-brand the industry as the "Non Denominational Holiday Conifer". Bam, double your sales. But nobody will buy a Non Denominational Holiday Conifer unless they know how awesome it is. 50% less sap, 25% longer needle retention, 10% more smell, etc. Jesus Tom, take a f'ing marketing class.

How unbelievably stupid do you need to be to not only impose this tax two weeks before people start buying trees, but to also suggest we need this tax to promote something that needs no promotion.

How long before they impose a 15 cents tax on forks to promote how helpful they are to eating.

And we're letting these people run health care? What the hell have we done to ourselves?

Not only that, but I am a grower who is in the process of shipping off my first batch of the year and have received no notification at all.

Of course, I am not a member of their stupid "association" (heavy on the first syllable).

I'm assuming they must be collecting this at the distributor or retailer level.

I'm sure the Menora Tax is right around the corner.

On second thought...

Obama administration changes mind on Christmas Tree Tax.

It's not a tax, it's a fee. :rolleyes:

What "fee" do they levy for Kwanza?

The National Christmas Tree Association says the fee would fund a program “designed to benefit the industry and will be funded by the growers” and is “not expected to have any impact on the final price consumers pay for their Christmas tree.” According to the Federal Registry, the proposed Christmas Tree Promotion Board, which would be funded by the new fee, would launch a “program of promotion, research, evaluation, and information designed to strengthen the Christmas tree industry’s position in the marketplace; maintain and expend existing markets for Christmas trees; and to carry out programs, plans, and projects designed to provide maximum benefits to the Christmas tree industry” and to “enhance the image of Christmas trees and the Christmas tree industry in the United States.”

Holy !@#$. :blink: Just try to count the number of ways that paragraph is surreally screwed up. I got halfway through, and stopped at five (specifically, where they want to "strengthen the Christmas tree industry's position in the marketplace"...how the !@#$ is that a problem? What competition does the Christmas tree industry have in the Christmas tree market? :lol:)

Edited by DC Tom

It's not a tax, it's a fee. :rolleyes:

What "fee" do they levy for Kwanza?

Holy !@#$. :blink: Just try to count the number of ways that paragraph is surreally screwed up. I got halfway through, and stopped at five (specifically, where they want to "strengthen the Christmas tree industry's position in the marketplace"...how the !@#$ is that a problem? What competition does the Christmas tree industry have in the Christmas tree market? :lol:)

Outsourced Chinese shrubbery. Duh...