Bills (Ralph) desperate

bananathumb

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be interested to know whether the non-sellouts in December in the 90s was due to the fact that the Bills had already clinched playoff spots.

So Bills fans always show up...except when the team is losing, or its too cold, or they are winning but had a bad loss, or when they clinch a playoff spot.

PTR

Real fans buy tickets. How many tickets do you have? Or are you trying to send the Bills a message? You were all set to buy some tickets until they lost to the Jets so eff them? Best fans in the NFL!

I bet all the folks who demand the Bills play in the elements won't go because it's too cold, lol.

PTR

I live outside the area, and attend a game or two a year. I have tickets for the Denver game, because I prefer cold weather game. Don't patronize me or question my fanhood because I think your atiitude and condescension towards fellow fans makes you an !@#$

Are some of you really that dumb that you can't figure this out? Really? More than a decade of sucking has caused this. Period. Another season of almost all Bills fans that thought we would suck has caused this. Period. An owner that hasn't spend near the cap AND has sold a home game to Toronto has caused this. Period. There are just as many seats to sell on an individual game basis as there are season ticket holders (in which I have two season tickets, and have been to every game this year....a 10 hour drive for me).

But please, spare me the rah rah crap. 10 years of pure mismanagement isn't going to be erased in 8 games. And it certainly doesn't help that the Bills are now 2-3 in their last 5 games. People still don't fully believe in this team. I think we all love rooting for these guys, but a lot of people were lost in believing in this owner's commitment to winning over the last decade or so. It has taken it's toll. It doesn't make Buffalo less of a football town, or less of a fan base.

When someone keeps rolling out dogschitt, year after year, sooner or later, people get sick of it. People got sick of it this year......clearly with the huge drop in season tickets. It doesn't come back overnight. There are far more teams not selling out games than Buffalo with FAR better records over the last 10-11 years. Fact. Many teams who are even claiming sellouts, aren't selling out games.....Washington comes to mind, for example.

So, please, save the rah rah crap. The Bills organization owes the fans much more commitment than the Bills fans owe management in this case. Hopefully, this is the beginning of our turnaround. With some competence by this team and management will come better ticket sales. But, you can't just expect blind support, after getting shat on, by masses of people, especially in this economy.

When the idea that Bills fans want to win much more than ownership, this is what happens. Hopefully, its changing. Some of you need to quit cowering in the corner because you think that if fans don't go to games, this team is gone, no matter what. I certainly hope the stadium is full for the last three games, and I will most likely be there no matter what. But I certainly can see why it might not be full. Only someone totally up Ralph's asss can't comprehend why the place isn't soldout after the last decade or so of pure fan abuse.

Yeah, because that Toronto game is packed with fans overflowing into standing room only seating, right? Oh, and in the smallest stadium in the league. Gee, wonder why that game pisses off most Bills fans. Most Bills fans would rather have an owner committed to winning, and raise prices to a satisfactory league level which would make up the difference of playing one game in Toronto per year.

The key there is an owner who is committed to winning and putting a product and resources toward the product they are trying to sell. We don't always feel that way.

Word.

Even a first place team can't get the fans excited. Might as well move the Bills now and save the money renovating RWS.

PTR

Again, we are not a first place team, we are in third. But don't let facts get in the way of you continuing to spew your bull ****.

Oh the myth has been exploded years ago. In fact Bills fans have always been full of excuses. Remember 1993's greatest comeback vs Houston? It was blacked out because the Bills lost their last regular season game to the Oilers the week before. This is the middle of the Super Bowl run and so-called fans were already blowing off the Bills after a bad loss.

So spare us (not you CB) the diatribes about how the Bills owe us something. Bills fans are so put upon, they all have it so awful, they always have an excuse, it's always someone we else's fault.

Don't be surprised if we turn on Terry Pegula eventually.

PTR

Since you hate your fellow fans so much, maybe you should root for a team with better fans. Those folks in Jacksonville and the 5 teams that have bombed out of LA sure know how to support a team.

Bills fans for all their hearty winter weather reputation have never entirely "warmed" to going to the Ralph in December.

Of their 14 non-sellouts from 2000-10, eight of them were in December and nine after Thanksgiving. According to Bills, the numbers for December were even worse in the 1990s when the team was actually winning.

just providing some perspective.

jw

Maybe it has something to do with clinched playoff spots or already being out of the running. Call me crazy, but I still prefer the cold weather games. I always attended the last home game of the year in my college years, as all my friends were home from college. Luckily for me, I was in college from 90-94. And I was at that oilers game that didn't sell out, as well as the comeback playoff game.

I hate what PTR has turned this thread into - condescend to me because of your perception of whether I buy tickets or not? Insult everyone on this board like some unsold tickets a month out are a personal affront to you? Puff your chest out like you are a better fan because you hold 4 seasons for 18 years? Big !@#$ing deal.

!@#$ you Promo - you are so full of ****. take your tickets and cram them up your ass. Buy four more seasons and maybe Ralph will let you give him his daily enema.

Sure - why do you come all that way to root for a team whose fans you obviously despise and look down upon?

Oh - its not the team he looks down on - they can do no wrong. Its you and me and every other fan that doesn't support the team to the level he feels is adequate that he despises and looks down on.

Sure - why do you come all that way to root for a team whose fans you obviously despise and look down upon?

Luckily I root for the city and its teams, not the fans. I would have dumped some of these fans ages ago. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. Do I need to pull up all the threads wailing about the Bills/Toronto series? How many posts called it an insult to the loyal Bills fans who show up every week? These same fans are now saying the Bills haven't done enough to make them buy a ticket.

We complain the team sucks. We complain because one home game is played in Toronto. We complain because we had our first bad game of the year. And we complain when people call us out for not buying tickets when the team is in first place at the halfway mark.

!@#$ you Promo - you are so full of ****.

What you hate is the fact that I'm right.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Luckily I root for the city and its teams, not the fans. I would have dumped some of these fans ages ago. I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy. Do I need to pull up all the threads wailing about the Bills/Toronto series? How many posts called it an insult to the loyal Bills fans who show up every week? These same fans are now saying the Bills haven't done enough to make them buy a ticket.

We complain the team sucks. We complain because one home game is played in Toronto. We complain because we had our first bad game of the year. And we complain when people call us out for not buying tickets when the team is in first place at the halfway mark.

PTR

You're ignoring the ACTUAL complaint that has been repeated in this thread, which is that Ralph doesn't sufficiently re-invest the money he has pocketed in his own team. We canceled our season tickets last year (after 20+ years) because we decided that it wasn't worth shelling out hard-earned money for a product whose owner wouldn't support it. This team has been run like a used car franchise for decades. It was like that in the 90s when they were winning, but they got lucky with a great GM (whom the owner then ran out of town) and the product was worth paying for despite its management. But now they've regressed to the mean. Show fans a commitment to winning and they'll fill the seats. Look at the Sabres.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

What you hate is the fact that I'm right.

PTR

That you are right? You aren't right about a god damned thing. So again, take your condescending, holier than though attitude and cram it up your ass. I'm surprised you bother to attend a game with all the unworthy fair weather fans who (sometimes) populate that stadium.

I live outside the area, and attend a game or two a year. I have tickets for the Denver game, because I prefer cold weather game. Don't patronize me or question my fanhood because I think your atiitude and condescension towards fellow fans makes you an !@#$

Word.

Again, we are not a first place team, we are in third. But don't let facts get in the way of you continuing to spew your bull ****.

Since you hate your fellow fans so much, maybe you should root for a team with better fans. Those folks in Jacksonville and the 5 teams that have bombed out of LA sure know how to support a team.

Maybe it has something to do with clinched playoff spots or already being out of the running. Call me crazy, but I still prefer the cold weather games. I always attended the last home game of the year in my college years, as all my friends were home from college. Luckily for me, I was in college from 90-94. And I was at that oilers game that didn't sell out, as well as the comeback playoff game.

I hate what PTR has turned this thread into - condescend to me because of your perception of whether I buy tickets or not? Insult everyone on this board like some unsold tickets a month out are a personal affront to you? Puff your chest out like you are a better fan because you hold 4 seasons for 18 years? Big !@#$ing deal.

!@#$ you Promo - you are so full of ****. take your tickets and cram them up your ass. Buy four more seasons and maybe Ralph will let you give him his daily enema.

Oh - its not the team he looks down on - they can do no wrong. Its you and me and every other fan that doesn't support the team to the level he feels is adequate that he despises and looks down on.

And don't let the facts get in the way of your argument. We are 3rd for no other reason then we've currently played fewer division games than New England and the Jets. Don't think you can fault the team for that, but I'm sure some of the need to be miserable crowd like yourself are totally aware of that right? Never mind that we've beaten New England and have the SAME record as the other 2 teams. You act as if we're 3-5 and barely even relevant.

You're ignoring the ACTUAL complaint that has been repeated in this thread, which is that Ralph doesn't sufficiently re-invest the money he has pocketed in his own team. We canceled our season tickets last year (after 20+ years) because we decided that it wasn't worth shelling out hard-earned money for a product whose owner wouldn't support it. This team has been run like a used car franchise for decades. It was like that in the 90s when they were winning, but they got lucky with a great GM (whom the owner then ran out of town) and the product was worth paying for despite its management. But now they've regressed to the mean. Show fans a commitment to winning and they'll fill the seats. Look at the Sabres.

What Ralph's intentions are are merely figments of our imaginations. We paint him as a villain and we are his victims, forced to cheer for his putrid team against our will, while 31 other NFL teams win championships every year. Oh, the humanity.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

And don't let the facts get in the way of your argument. We are 3rd for no other reason then we've currently played fewer division games than New England and the Jets. Don't think you can fault the team for that, but I'm sure some of the need to be miserable crowd like yourself are totally aware of that right? Never mind that we've beaten New England and have the SAME record as the other 2 teams. You act as if we're 3-5 and barely even relevant.

Are you too dumb to realize promo is saying you are an undeserving fan, too? A need to be miserable fan? WTF does that mean? The reason I am in this thread is because I detest Promo calling out everyone on this board for being undeserving fans because we don't support the bills to his satisfaction. Maybe you are allright with that. I'm not.

But you just go ahead rationalizing how we are really in first place even though we are in third.

What a disappointing thread. Why would anyone complain about the tickets being discounted 12%? There are available seats. As businessmen do, they are doing what needs to be done to sell tickets. Do you complain in September, when clothing stores put all the summer clothes on sale? when grocery stores discount day old bread? No, because that's business. Crying about the Bills FO is in some people's blood. They haven't had anything to whine and moan about all season. This is a rare opportunity to bash Russ Brandon this year, better take advantage of it right? We have some of the cheapest tickets in the NFL, now they're even cheaper. And you cry. You think you're allowed to cry about this, because they drafted Maybin over orakpo and Matthews, whitner over ngata, spiller over bulaga. You cry about this because you're so effin bitter about the team you love so much. You just have to QQ about something. Maybe it's time for you to jump off the bandwagon. We won't cry. You won't be missed.

What Ralph's intentions are are merely figments of our imaginations. We paint him as a villain and we are his victims, forced to cheer for his putrid team against our will, while 31 other NFL teams win championships every year. Oh, the humanity.

PTR

Huh? So you're not denying that he's a crappy owner, but just telling me to go root for another team if I don't like it? Your "argument" is starting to dissolve - I've explained to you why fans may not be buying tickets. Your response is that they should go root for different teams? What is it you want?

curiously enough, the Bills announced attendance for the "Comeback" game was 75,141. not sure if that counted as a sellout (i wasn't here), but it's some 5,000 fewer than other home games.

move forward to 1994, the Bills entered the final month with a 7-6 record, with back-to-back home games: the first of which drew 66,500 against Minnesota and the second which drew 56,784 against New England.

i think these two help discount the fact that Bills fans failed to show up because games were "meaningless," no?

heck, 70,213 showed up for Jim Kelly's last game when capacity was over 78,000. odd, eh?

jw

curiously enough, the Bills announced attendance for the "Comeback" game was 75,141. not sure if that counted as a sellout (i wasn't here), but it's some 5,000 fewer than other home games.

move forward to 1994, the Bills entered the final month with a 7-6 record, with back-to-back home games: the first of which drew 66,500 against Minnesota and the second which drew 56,784 against New England.

i think these two help discount the fact that Bills fans failed to show up because games were "meaningless," no?

heck, 70,213 showed up for Jim Kelly's last game when capacity was over 78,000. odd, eh?

jw

The Houston comeback was not a sellout. The game was blacked out because of fan apathy after a season-ending loss to the same Oilers team, a game where Jim Kelly was injured and would not play the next week. The Bills went on to their 3rd SB that year and another the following year. Oh, and Ralph Wilson had to buy 5,000 unsold tickets for that 1994 AFC Championship against the Chiefs so all the "die-hard fans" could watch at home.

The most vocal of critics have spun their own web of half-truths to explain their limp support. But don't dare call them out over it.

Huh? So you're not denying that he's a crappy owner, but just telling me to go root for another team if I don't like it? Your "argument" is starting to dissolve - I've explained to you why fans may not be buying tickets. Your response is that they should go root for different teams? What is it you want?

Show me where I said that.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Really? A discount off full price (which is well below the league average anyway) is not a bargain?

Get your bananathumb out of your ass.

Eleven years of terrible football. Incompetent management. Careless things like actively trying to eliminate the tailgating environment this season.

These things were bound to take their toll on customer loyalty.

How could it not?

A half of a good football season does not erase all the ill will the Bills have accumulated. Factor in the obvious economic hard times for so many and people just aren't going to go charging out to snap up tickets to sit out in the cold for meaningless late season games.

And don't kid yourself, most fans assume this team is missing the playoffs.

It's a "show me" year for the Bills. As in, "show me that this isn't the same as the team in 2008 that was 5-3 at the midpoint.