Bills.com Message Board Shout Out

Cousins shouldn't count if you never knew you were cousins...or you weren't 100% sure.....or you were playing a pretend game in the barn in '82

Whatever you do... Don't disseminate this information to places like West Virginia or Cortland County, New York:

Genetics

"I can see why you might be concerned about your kids. We've all heard about what supposedly happens if cousins marry. A recent study, though, showed that while there is increased risk of some genetic disease, the risk is actually smaller than a lot of people might think.

The numbers from this study are pretty interesting. For unrelated people, the risk of having a child with a serious genetic problem is around 3 or 4 percent. In other words, 3 or 4 of every 100 babies have potential problems (seems high to me but that is what the report claims).

If first cousins have kids, that risk goes up by 2 or 3 percent. At first this almost doubling of the risk might seem scary. But many genetic advisers argue that the increase isn't big enough to discourage marriage between first cousins."

:blink: :blink:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's just a nasty rumor.

I never had more than one full-auto in the bunch...and most of them were lost in that unfortunate boating accident in November of '08...

Badge can I say how happy I am that you've brought your sig over to the new board?

Two things, basically:

1) Mindless crusading (crusading alone generally won't get you a vacation, just don't make it mindless.)

2) Picking ridiculous pissing matches with the moderators (e.g. telling Darin "You can't ban me!")

or maybe pimping a coffee table book about Hitler's favorite show tunes.

And here the BBMB conservatives thought they were the only ones to hop on the refugee boat....

Turns out ol' Lar and was creeping Max Cady-style while you were drinking your snifters of brandy laughing at the poor and unfortunate.

To new people: Hi, I'm Larry. Badger thinks I'm full of ****, Oxie goes back and forth but generally thinks I'm hope less, Koko sometimes gets mad at me but is a good guy, Buffeast (Headwest?) doesn't hate me (I don't think) and B-Large is my moderate friend.

I'm a liberal....very much so. But its rare that you'll see me float the idea that all conservatives/teapartiers/white people are racists. I give everyone their chance to speak their mind, I'm just not shy when it comes to disagreeing and arguing for my liberal points.

Pleasure to meet you all....this will be fun. Thanks mods for approval.

And here the BBMB conservatives thought they were the only ones to hop on the refugee boat....

Turns out ol' Lar and was creeping Max Cady-style while you were drinking your snifters of brandy laughing at the poor and unfortunate.

To new people: Hi, I'm Larry. Badger thinks I'm full of ****, Oxie goes back and forth but generally thinks I'm hope less, Koko sometimes gets mad at me but is a good guy, Buffeast (Headwest?) doesn't hate me (I don't think) and B-Large is my moderate friend.

I'm a liberal....very much so. But its rare that you'll see me float the idea that all conservatives/teapartiers/white people are racists. I give everyone their chance to speak their mind, I'm just not shy when it comes to disagreeing and arguing for my liberal points.

I thought we agreed to give Larry directions to the billieve site?

LOL..welcome!

Edited by Headwest

Lol, somehow I've escaped infractions. I suppose when someone is correct it's difficult to punish them.

You know, it's funny.

The only time I got infractions over there was one from Beast just before he resigned and then a bunch one day from Teratoma when I said something negative about christianity. He called it "inciting", then gave me another for reporting all of his inciting posts...he resigned about a week later also.

And Larry, I don't think you are full of crap...crap is useful as fertilizer.

Well I see you frequent gun forums. Anyone who posts on one has had a "boating accident".

Yeah...I'm a "gun nut", a "prepper" and a crazy old Ron Paul supporter who considers the GOP just about as liberal as the Dems...

And, if I think someone is an idiot or a complete waste of oxygen, I'm not shy about telling them so.

Just a heads up for the new people, generally dishing on family is not approved of, at least in my experience. If you are clearly joking, no big deal. However, comments like, "I saw your wife in a back alley sucking off hobos" or somesuch is generally not a good idea.

We bash on each other in this forum and it can get vicious as it is literally no holds barred. It's a fun game...

Just a heads up for the new people, generally dishing on family is not approved of, at least in my experience. If you are clearly joking, no big deal. However, comments like, "I saw your wife in a back alley sucking off hobos" or somesuch is generally not a good idea.

We bash on each other in this forum and it can get vicious as it is literally no holds barred. It's a fun game...

you ain't seen nothin' yet I'm afraid....

Ruh Roh..... Look who made it to the party....... Does Bob know we got shut down? The MF dropped some cold hard data.....

Lol, somehow I've escaped infractions. I suppose when someone is correct it's difficult to punish them.

It's really hard to punish winning... Really hard