What stupid people do...

boyst

There is a small grocery store in my town that uses quarter operated locks on the shopping carts. To unlock them from the row, you put in a quarter, when you lock it back up, the quarter spits back out. Someone apparently thought that this magic box must hold hundreds of quarters because they took a cart about a mile down the road to my store, broke the box open, and then left it. They went through all that trouble just to get their own damn quarter back! :wallbash:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is a small grocery store in my town that uses quarter operated locks on the shopping carts. To unlock them from the row, you put in a quarter, when you lock it back up, the quarter spits back out. Someone apparently thought that this magic box must hold hundreds of quarters because they took a cart about a mile down the road to my store, broke the box open, and then left it. They went through all that trouble just to get their own damn quarter back! :wallbash:

Aldi has been doing that for some time... They claim they can pass the savings onto the customers because they won't have to send an employee out there to bus the parking lot of carts... My wife gets mad because I leave the cart in the parking lot for possibly any homless people (or others) that may wonder through.

Aldi has been doing that for some time... They claim they can pass the savings onto the customers because they won't have to send an employee out there to bus the parking lot of carts... My wife gets mad because I leave the cart in the parking lot for possibly any homless people (or others) that may wonder through.

That was the store actually.

Exiled, a woman here was killed some way similar. She was on I85 and decided to stop in the middle of the intersate - believed she was lost (no one was ever sure). A semi behind her became a semi on top of her.

That is sad. My story was the car backing caused the crash that killed someone... The person backing up actually survived. When you are learning to drive, isn't that the golden rule of expressway driving? Never back up... Just go to the next exit and turn around. I don't know how many times I see people miss their exit and then attempt such a dangerous act. :wallbash: :wallbash:

That is sad. My story was the car backing caused the crash that killed someone... The person backing up actually survived. When you are learning to drive, isn't that the golden rule of expressway driving? Never back up... Just go to the next exit and turn around. I don't know how many times I see people miss their exit and then attempt such a dangerous act. :wallbash: :wallbash:

I don't know how people have the guts to back up on the freeway. I would be scared **** less myself.

I don't know how people have the guts to back up on the freeway. I would be scared **** less myself.

Just this past Sunday... There was a traffic jam (accident) going the other way I was traveling and people were backing up to make an out... I couldn't believe it, what a clustereff it looked like... I was shocked there wasn't a second accident! Then there was me watching the other way! :wallbash:

Anyone traveling I85 this holiday needs to expect major delays in central nc between Salisbury and Lexington. A 20 mile stretch where a bridge is being replaced...

That's where there is a ton of accidents and stupid. Dozens of accidents a day.

I think a lot of the drivers around here in Boston would actually be safer backing up on the freeway as opposed to that normal "driving" that they do.

As scary as Boston drivers are, my opinion of them is always tempered by the realization that, when you ultimately get down to it, the Boston streets were laid out in the 1700s by cows.

As scary as Boston drivers are, my opinion of them is always tempered by the realization that, when you ultimately get down to it, the Boston streets were laid out in the 1700s by cows.

That's how the street of Dublin are. I rented a car and the hubcabs and rims took a beating. Its so hard to look at signs then your map on what seems like go cart track.

That's how the street of Dublin are. I rented a car and the hubcabs and rims took a beating. Its so hard to look at signs then your map on what seems like go cart track.

Ah, Ireland. The old sod. Yeah the streets are narrow. I remember flying into Dublin on a Friday at 5 PM while it was raining, renting my car then hitting the streets. Freakin scary. Right hand drive, other side of the road with a stick shift. Raining and at 5 PM!!!!

I HAD to get used to it pretty freakin quick!!! :lol:

That's because you were doing it wrong. A pint of Guinness in-hand makes it easier.

Here is what stupid people do in New Jersey:

Drunk Bus Driver

"Westampton police Sgt. Stephen Ent says Carole Crockett had a blood-alcohol level of 0.25 percent, five times the legal limit for operating a commercial vehicle."

Who's gonna be the first to defend the bus driver by saying:

"She was only coping! Having to deal with the little brats on a daily basis."

:D